Apple plotting new stores in Grand Central Terminal and Palo Alto

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anakin1992 View Post

currently 340 is still occupied by couple of shops. varsity is small. the floor area inside of borders' is not that bigger than apple's current kipling street store.

pa city is planning a makeover on california street next to caltrain station. at least it is far away from residential area. maybe apple should look a little bit of far to there. or maybe in town center on embarcadero where people, specially family, always hang out during the weekend.

It's actually California Avenue, near HP, Facebook, and Stanford (as well as my practice , and is a diamond in the rough, but not a big hangout at night like University Ave (yet it will be one day). Best spot for a new business anywhere from San Jose to SF, but not ready for prime-time (and Apple store) just yet. Also near largest ATT store in Silly Valley, whereas Verizon just expanded their store significantly on University Ave.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

I don't know how they are going to incorporate the street inside the store. The sidewalk on University Avenue is pretty narrow, not much room to play around with.

I used to live in Palo Alto. Steve lives there, not too far from University Ave. Maybe he needs somewhere to walk.

The university ave store will probably stay. On busy weekends, it is still less busy than the Market st store, though, and that one is huge. There used to be a tiny store in the Stanford mall. I bet this one will get supersized. There isn't much reason to build anything of the sort on Cal Ave -- it is sleepy on a busy day.

Palo Alto is a funny place. You go into a cafe, and there are maybe 10 people on the wireless -- 9 will have macs. Everyone has an iPhone. It is truly a case of "home team."