Rumor: Apple's next-generation iPad delayed until June

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SactoMan01 View Post

Unless Apple was surprisingly able to suddenly get access to higher-resolution touchscreen displays (which means a new round of FCC and European Commission RF certification testing), I really don't believe this story.

Even if Apple could get its hands on a high-res screen, I can't imagine pushing back the debut of the revised iPad by three months to incorporate the screen. Instead I imagine the iPad 2 would be brought to market as planned and the update with the higher-rea screen would be brought out sooner than later, maybe in time for the Christmas buying season.

Apple does not want the competition to bring out competitive tablets in the next month or two targeting the first-gen iPad. Instead, Apple will want the competition to release devices competing with that first-gen iPad while the iPad 2 is available with the bar raised significantly.

The high-res screen can wait.
  • Reply 22 of 46
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bodypainter View Post

has anyone realized that ALL the rumurs are just pure phantasy? whoever invents them has NO clue about what really is going on. but every rumor is creating hope, because people WANT to hear that the ipad comes out soon, has an usb connector or is cheaper / smaller etc.

maybe we should stop all this crap. stop writing about every stupid rumor, that isn't even a rumor, but a guess or wish from someone. i like to hear rumors with facts! rumors of people who know it because they saw a prototype at foxcon. but i am fed up with these pure phantasy rumors. no more please!

Phantasy?
  • Reply 23 of 46
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cy_starkman View Post

How the heck has SpamSandwich generated more than 10,000 comments since 2005.

Even the auto Apple Insider user has only generated 9,000ish since 1997 or such like.

I mean sure, they are true to their name, spamsandwich, but it is mind boggling.

Is the fabled legend, the one who truly has no life. Can it be him!

Not hard obviously, I rarely comment and have over 4,000 since 2006. The AI count must have been reset at some point.
  • Reply 24 of 46
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Having established a regular annual update schedule for iOS devices in April, June and Sept I can't see them wanting to change it now. They still have 6-9 weeks to sort out any issues and stay withinin an April launch date. Pre-production issues happen all the time in manufacturing. I only wish they had the same predictable schedule for Mac and Software updates. I hate this guessing game as it makes my budget planning so difficult. Maybe they should combine all product updates/launches into 4 media events a year (Jan, April, June, Sept). I've noticed at the last few media events they've struggled to fill the time and have resorted to extensive demo's (like they did with iLife 11) or showing off lots of third party app's. They could put all that stuff on the website.
  • Reply 25 of 46
    Blah Blah Blah

For every valid story about something there are ten stories of speculation. Talking just to hear yourself talk gets old quickly. Keywords in this article "could", "suggests", "contradicts". Then the article offers possible evidence that it could be a false report. Then additional unrelated speculation is presented. So much time, so little to write about.
  • Reply 26 of 46
    Well, my buddy's cousin's sister works in the mailroom at a business really close to Cupertino and she said it was only going to be 3 days late.

All of these stupid rumors. I thought I would be glad to see the 'Verizon iPhone' rumors go away, but now most are borderline absurd!
  • Reply 27 of 46
    nkhmnkhm Posts: 928member
    How can a product which doesn't have a publicly stated release date be 'delayed'?!
  • Reply 28 of 46
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    With all the recent bad news the AAPL stock is taking one hell of a beating. I dump it at 358 and I am not expecting to get back in so soon. But if the fall continues I may start buying back some.
  • Reply 29 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

exactly. I'm poised to buy a few more this week, or perhaps today if the price id right.

You might as well. On open AAPL tanked more than $11 . The problem seems to be that analysts and pension fund managers are reading rumor sites more than ever.
  • Reply 30 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post

You might as well. On open AAPL tanked more than $11 . The problem seems to be that analysts and pension fund managers are reading rumor sites more than ever.

Well could not resist to buy a few at 340. Its very profitable for me because I am buying from a canadian $ account and since I sold my stocks the canadian $ rose 3% on fuel prices. Its now above the US $. So on top of selling at 358 and buying at 340, I got a 3% rise in between.
  • Reply 31 of 46
    This is bullzine scatology Apple is not afraid of the competition but the competition is afraid of Apple.

I dont believe this article
  • Reply 32 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Well could not resist to buy a few at 340. Its very profitable for me because I am buying from a canadian $ account and since I sold my stocks the canadian $ rose 3% on fuel prices. Its now above the US $. So on top of selling at 358 and buying at 340, I got a 3% rise in between.

Congratulations! Wonder what will happen if Steve doesn´t show up at the shareholder´s meeting?
  • Reply 33 of 46
    Quote:

Congratulations! Wonder what will happen if Steve doesn´t show up at the shareholder´s meeting?

The stock is still very volatile, this is why I just bough a few.
  • Reply 34 of 46
    I call Bull $h!! on this right now. By the end of the week we'll see invites for an Apple event launching new MBPs and iPad 2. Without Steve, the iPad 2 will be relegated to a "one more thing" this year.
  • Reply 35 of 46
    Quote:

They found out they could game the market by releasing phony stories under the guise of "rumor" or "inside source" and artificially deflate the stock by a few points and make bank when Apple releases iPad 2 on time.
  • Reply 36 of 46
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    I see Apple releasing the iPad in May and I think this time they will release both WiFi only and WiFi+3G together. Jun would be too close to the new iPhone launch. It makes sense to have a major product launch every three months.
  • Reply 37 of 46
    Apple seems to float these rumors about production delays before every major product announcement. I think they do it to keep sales of the current models up until they actually release the new models.

As for the iPad3 rumors, my take is that they will introduce new iPod Touches then and maybe rebranding the iPod Touch as iPad Mini (5" iPad) and iPad Nano (current size of iPod Touch). Even if they don't rebrand, it is easy to think someone would mistake a bigger iPod Touch as a small iPad3.
  • Reply 38 of 46
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Something is wrong with the picture being painted!

From the department of disinformation:

Apple is Doomed?
  • Reply 39 of 46
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Apple could delay the shipment but that has never deterred them from announcing the next thing (iPad 2) months in advance.

I doubt these rumors are valid or true.
  • Reply 40 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nkhm View Post

How can a product which doesn't have a publicly stated release date be 'delayed'?!

Agreed. Not having your favorite rumor turn out to be true does not constitute a delay.