Apple rumored to release 3rd iPad this winter, redesigned MacBook Pro in 2012

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

People keep saying Ipad 3 but it's going to be a big Ipod Touch. Apple focuses on Ipod Touch in September so they are likely doing that mid-size Ipad Touch. That's how they will get the retina display at a somewhat affordable price.

Its either this or they are just flat out lying. Is there a way to get rid of the ipad glare?

I agree that a larger iPod Touch would be the way to introduce a mid-sized handheld computing device, and it?s only feasible way I see for Apple to push for Retina Display (300+ ppi) for another device size in 2011.
  • Reply 62 of 67
    iPad with FaceTime is cool and all. But it needs to work over 3G. They can build the coolest hardware in the world, but FaceTime will never win significant ground if it doesn't work ore 3G. And what was that about open standard?
  • Reply 63 of 67
    The MBP rumors seem to have a really got foundation... This so-called rumor certainly has nothing to do with "it doesn't seem to be redesigned this refresh, so it's got to be the next one then". -_-
  • Reply 64 of 67
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    I will be quite disappointed if today's MBPs are not a major revision. One of the things I admire about Apple is how aggressive and merciless they are at deploying new technologies and deprecating old ones, and I really hoped optical drives would be gone this round (or at least available only as BTO external USB). Though perhaps they want to wait until some of the more major apps hit the MAS.
  • Reply 65 of 67
    For what my two cents is worth?I believe this is going to be a lot bigger than rumours would lead us to believe. Tragically Steve may be less well than we'd like to believe; moving an event to coincide with his birthday isn't really Apple's style, kinda like the Borg acknowledging individuality. There seems to be a sense of urgency about this media event, especially given that the notification time frame was uncharacteristically short. The small stuff could be related to

(1) The minor chassis redesign to incorporate Light Peak--which will eventually be followed by deletion of all non-Light Peak I/Os within the next 2-3 years, making all such devices "legacy, which Apple or a third party will address by designing a rack into which all the legacy devices will plug with one thin cable for I/O and "juice" running from the rack to the laptop. Long term, that will free up internal space for more battery or weight reduction

(2) LiquidMetal chassis update which would decrease the weight and increase the strength of laptops

(3) Update of iMacs, PowerMacs and monitors

(4) Blah Blah about the iPad could be a big deal, BUT it will have to be something industry shaking

The timing is perfect for unleashing the North Carolina data centre with all kinds of wonderful capabilities and maybe even a proper Apple-branded TV?
  • Reply 66 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcsegenmd View Post

deletion of all non-Light Peak I/Os

Needed to be done with this revision.

Quote:

LiquidMetal chassis update which would decrease the weight and increase the strength of laptops

People keep saying this, is it even possible?

Quote:

Update of iMacs, PowerMacs and monitors

Spring, Fall/Winter, and not at all; there's no reason and nothing to be updated, respectively.

Quote:

a proper Apple-branded TV?

All I want is an Apple TV box that can take in 1080p content... and output 1080p content. Then I'll buy five of them. Leave the rest exactly as it is.

We're halfway there. Does anyone know if the jailbreakers have been able to output with this model?