Apple begins shipping BTO MacBook Pros for delivery by iPad day

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Apple overnight began shipping the first wave of customer orders for built-to-order versions of its new MacBook Pros, promising delivery by next Thursday.

First BTO orders ship

The Cupertino-based company began dispatching these shipments from its Far Eastern manufacturing facilities to Fed-Ex's Shanghai, China-based shipping hub where they'll be mailed via air fright this weekend to the courier's stateside hubs for delivery to customers early next week.

As can be seen in the shipping confirmations below, Apple promises delivery by Thursday the 3rd through its own order status system, while FedEx is a bit more ambitious, promising delivery by 10:30 am local time on Wednesday the 2nd for this particular order.

It should be noted that the custom configured MacBook Pro shown in the order below was shipped via Apple's $18 2-3 day shipping method, as opposed to its standard free shipping method. This particular notebook was upgraded with a 256GB SSD drive and 8GB of memory.

Savings on retail configurations

Meanwhile, several of Apple's larger authorized resellers are already reflecting stock of the company's five standard retail configurations for the MacBook Pro. And a handful are offering considerable early discounts of up to $150 on the new models.

For its part, MacConnection is offering the lowest prices on the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pros, while MacMall delivers the best deals on the 13-inch models through its 3% instant discount coupons, which are included in the price guide links below and are exclusive to AppleInsider readers.

For those readers considering a discounted purchase through one of these authorized resellers, it's noteworthy to point out that the MacConnection requires that customers submit mail-in-rebates post purchase to achieve the prices listed in AppleInsider's Mac Pricing Guide, while the discounts shown for MacMall are instantaneous (including the 3% AI discount) and do not require any form of rebate.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    Yeah I know it's 3 days, but I can't sleep (drinking and eating, OK), what am I supposed to do for 36 hours. Think I'll crash my bike (into tree or cliff), break a leg and beg the nurses for enough morphine to knock me out for the three days

And when I wake up ........... 'it' will be here.

OMG

I'm drooling. ,......

I think I'm becomming delirious
  • Reply 2 of 17
    I ordered a 15 in. Pro on Thursday night with the HD screen upgrade...no shipping confirmation yet.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    I ordered a MacBook Pro 17'' BTO with the 2.3(8MB-L3) Quad core chip + 8GB RAM and the 512GB-SSD...

As you can imagine I am stuck in the order status, and I've been reloading the page every 5 seconds for the last 38 hours... But it keeps saying... (Not Yet Shipped...)

What should I do???? Guys please help me!! As here in Catalonia (Europe) is starting to be night, should I start counting the stars? or enjoying the beauty of all living things on earth? Or maybe I can become a poet....

Not yet shipped

Ships: 1 - 3 business days

Delivers: 04 Mar, 2011 - 09 Mar, 2011

Product / Part No.\t \t

Unit Price

\t

Qty

\t

Ext. Price

MBP 17/CTO

Z0M3

\t

Custom configuration| Hide

2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7

8GB 1333MHZ DDR3 SDRAM - 2X4GB

512GB Solid State Drive

8x Double-Layer SuperDrive

MBP 17" HR Glossy WS Display

No iWork preinstalled

No Final Cut Express preinstd

No Aperture Preinstalled

No Logic Express Preinstalled

No FileMaker Preinstalled

No MSO preinstalled

Keyboard/Users Guide-ESP

Country Kit-ESP

Copyright levy
  • Reply 4 of 17
    I ordered the 15" 2.2Ghz with Hi res screen shortly after the store went back up on Thursday. I'm in the Prepared to Ship status. I paid the $18 bucks for faster delivery.

This is my first Mac. I'm going crazy with the waiting.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    the 256gb ssd just makes my build obsolete...

MBP 15.4/CTO

Z0M1

\t

$2,404.00

\t

\t

$2,404.00

Custom configuration| Hide

2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7

8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB

128GB Solid State Drive

8x Double-Layer SuperDrive

MBP 15"HR Antiglare WS Display

the 256gb is 400 bucks extra... with the applecare already, i dont think i have that much money available on this laptop... and yet mines not yet shipped...
  • Reply 6 of 17
    I ordered an ordinary 13" MBP on Monday (21st) about the middle of the day and was upgraded to the new model.

FedEx advises that the computer was shipped from Shanghai about 8 PM on Friday the 25th (Thursday the 24th for me; left Anchorage at 4 PM on the 25th, and arrived in Newark about 2 AM today (Saturday, 26th). No word on when or if it has left Newark yet and to where.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbowen View Post

I ordered the 15" 2.2Ghz with Hi res screen shortly after the store went back up on Thursday. I'm in the Prepared to Ship status. I paid the $18 bucks for faster delivery.

This is my first Mac. I'm going crazy with the waiting.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the purchase! And good choice of you to upgrade to the hi res screen; you're gonna love that.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Lucky bastards
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Here we go Guys, my new diamond has been shipped

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Reply 10 of 17
    I'm in the prepared for shipment phase now so if they get it shipped out today (which if it's in China, it would be Monday there soon so it's possible) then it would arrive by Wednesday of this week. Not a bad turn around at all.

Too bad they tempted me with that HD screen though. I could have gone to the Apple store and had one on launch day if not for that haha.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Here's my current tracking data:

Feb 28, 2011 4:51 AM In transit SHANGHAI CN

Feb 28, 2011 12:13 AM In transitSHANGHAI CN

Feb 26, 2011 10:16 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Feb 27, 2011 11:10 AM Picked up SHANGHAI CN

I can't find any Fedex flights out of Shanghai for the 27th or 28th bound for Anchorage or Memphis. I hope my MBP doesn't sit in China another day!
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Mine shipped out yesterday and should be here Wednesday. Just in time for me to check out all the iPad news!
  • Reply 13 of 17
    I ordered MacBook Pro 15" within 20 minutes of Apple Updated Store. Apple guaranteed to deliver on March 2 by 10:30AM. I can't wait two more days!

• Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by energy88 View Post

I ordered an ordinary 13" MBP on Monday (21st) about the middle of the day and was upgraded to the new model.

FedEx advises that the computer was shipped from Shanghai about 8 PM on Friday the 25th (Thursday the 24th for me; left Anchorage at 4 PM on the 25th, and arrived in Newark about 2 AM today (Saturday, 26th). No word on when or if it has left Newark yet and to where.

It got here today (Monday 28th) at the end of the day. Can't wait to get it registered.

BTW- it took from about 8 PM Saturday to 5 AM this morning for it to get from Newark to eastern Virginia- about the same amount of time from Shanghai to Newark. Guess weekends slow things down.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    kanitkanit Posts: 2member
    I ordered mine (Custom Order) use Thailand Store on March 4, the conformation email said my MBP will ship out on March 24. But today (March 6) my order status now changed to "Prepared for shipment". Is it mean my MBP will ship faster than schedule?
  • Reply 16 of 17
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kanit View Post

I ordered mine (Custom Order) use Thailand Store on March 4, the conformation email said my MBP will ship out on March 24. But today (March 6) my order status now changed to "Prepared for shipment". Is it mean my MBP will ship faster than schedule?

yes!

• Reply 17 of 17
    kanitkanit Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

yes!

Thanks!, that must be very good news for today. :-)

Update:

They shipped my MBP out on March 7, 17 days faster than first schedule!. I can't hardly wait to join the world of Apple computer user, after used PC since 1988.