Apple will begin taking online iPad 2 orders at 1 a.m. PT, 4 a.m. ET Friday

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Not worth it. Stick with your laptops kids.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy your laptop.
  • Reply 23 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronster View Post

I wonder if the 3G will be SIM unlocked? for the 32GB, $729 USD + 6% Washington Sales tax is way cheaper than approx $779 + 13% HST here in Canada.

I might take a spin down to Bellingham to get one if it's SIM unlocked. Or Order it and send it to my US mailbox...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but WA sales tax is 9.5% in Seattle area and it's 8.5% in Bellingham.

LINK
  • Reply 24 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ronster View Post

I wonder if the 3G will be SIM unlocked? for the 32GB, $729 USD + 6% Washington Sales tax is way cheaper than approx $779 + 13% HST here in Canada.

I might take a spin down to Bellingham to get one if it's SIM unlocked. Or Order it and send it to my US mailbox...

Good idea....wonder why Apple's Canadian prices don't reflect our stronger dollar?
  • Reply 25 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bedouin View Post

A lot of people think, "Go to the Apple store" anytime an Apple product is mentioned and do not even think of the other options. You still might find some lines, but I guess one person waiting will spoil the publicity by telling everyone Best Buy has them too and no line. Crowd suddenly dissipates.

Best Buy has announced 6 WiFi iPads per store. Only those stores with dedicated Apple Sections will have 3G Versions.
  • Reply 26 of 37
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Kids? lol
  • Reply 27 of 37
    antkm1antkm1 Posts: 1,441member
    anyone know what the difference is going to be between the 3G from Verizon vs. ATT? I can't seem to figure out if Verizon offers the "A-la-Carte" plan like ATT does???

Although I just figured out that the ATT plan is for a month service and then re-occurring if you don't cancel within that month.

Someone know the difference?
  • Reply 28 of 37
    carymgcarymg Posts: 72member
    Endlich, an exact time online orders start ....

I figured Midnight PST/3 a.m. EST, but whatever.

Me?

White 32 GB/WiFi, thank you very much!

And since I live in the city, why don't I just to one of the stores?

Let us say -- I do not subscribe to the - ah .... "scene" there ....
  • Reply 30 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jugernuts View Post

I don't think you'll see record lines anywhere. Keep in mind that the iPad 2 will be going on sale tomorrow through all the following outlets: Apple Stores, Verizon Wireless, AT&T Wireless, WalMart and Best Buy.

That should keep the lines pretty muted compared to the iPad 1 and iPhone launches.

The majority of Apple's launch partners will be severely supply constrained and will sell out their initial allotment rather quickly. I know an ETL who works at Target and they said most stores received 5 units per SKU earlier this week and there was further information that allocation will be very limited for awhile. I've heard something similar for WalMart.
  • Reply 31 of 37
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaryMG View Post

Endlich, an exact time online orders start ....

I figured Midnight PST/3 a.m. EST, but whatever.

Me?

White 32 GB/WiFi, thank you very much!

And since I live in the city, why don't I just to one of the stores?

Let us say -- I do not subscribe to the - ah .... "scene" there ....

You might want to rethink the White version. See the article by John Gruber at Daring Fireball, who said the white one was very distracting to read with. That is why TV's all have black borders, to minimize distractions. Matter of personal taste in some cases, but distractions when reading can be annoying, in spite of how good the device looks.
  • Reply 32 of 37
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,056member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lance60031 View Post

So if you order online and they have next day delivery as an option -- would you get it Sat or is it considered next Business Day -- Monday?

Apple is going to expedite all orders. You're just wasting your money to pay for next day. IMO
  • Reply 33 of 37
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,056member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smiles77 View Post

GarageBand and iMovie are live in the app store.

GarageBand for all iPads

Universal iMovie - Requires A Front Facing Camera

The gigantic 369 MB GarageBand for iPad is downloading this old iPad even as I post, while the new Universal iMovie is loading on my iPhone 4 but not on my iPhone 3GS.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RMBootneck View Post

Good idea....wonder why Apple's Canadian prices don't reflect our stronger dollar?

We don't trust your currency. And, we like making more money.
  • Reply 35 of 37
    antkm1antkm1 Posts: 1,441member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

You might want to rethink the White version. See the article by John Gruber at Daring Fireball, who said the white one was very distracting to read with. That is why TV's all have black borders, to minimize distractions. Matter of personal taste in some cases, but distractions when reading can be annoying, in spite of how good the device looks.

which makes me wonder why they chose to do white this time. I could understand when the iPhone 3G & 3Gs had white options. They had the white on the back and not the bezel. The iP4 with a white bezel is going to have this same issue IMO.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    cgc0202cgc0202 Posts: 624member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I wonder if the Kinect continues to sell well or if it will hit an early saturation point.

They will be playing with their Kinecs in between classes, waiting for the bus or subway, sleeping with them, bringing it to work, playing with it when bored inside the classroom, when waiting patiently in lines... What else did I miss?

CGC
  • Reply 37 of 37
    jr1882jr1882 Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy your laptop.