iPad 2 Online Order Status

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I am starting this thread so people can post the status on their iPad 2 orders from apple's website.

I placed my order for the iPad (64GB Black WiFi) at 3:56am ET and was told it ships in 3-5 business days and delivers March 18-25th

iPad Smart Cover - Leather Cream showed as ships in 1-2 days but I got a shipment confirmation and tracking number today at noon ET that it has shipped and will deliver by March 17th.

iPad 2 Dock: Ships April 1st

I was surprised the smart cover shipped already, hopefully that means the iPad will ship sooner than expected as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 68
    elehcdnelehcdn Posts: 388member
    I suspect that Apple won't begin shipments until Monday, under the assumption that some people will buy them at a B&M sometime over the weekend and cancel their online orders.
  • Reply 2 of 68
    easyeeasye Posts: 20member
    Placed order at 4:01am ET for black 16gb wifi, engraved. Received same Mar 18-25 timeframe.

Placed order for green poly smart cover, at first 1-2 days, now says it shipped as of 1:30pm ET today.

I had read that Apple was ready to ship at least a few hundred thousand ipad2s of the various models..........I really can't fucking wait!!!
  • Reply 3 of 68
    "Electronista has also received word from readers that some of the very earliest iPad 2 orders from this morning are shipping."

WWAAATTTT???

http://www.electronista.com/articles...ale.in.us.now/
  • Reply 4 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by easye View Post

"Electronista has also received word from readers that some of the very earliest iPad 2 orders from this morning are shipping."

WWAAATTTT???

http://www.electronista.com/articles...ale.in.us.now/

Somehow i doubt that . . . "reports from readers" seems to be like a couple people full of shit, but hey I would like to see an order status screen shot that says it shipped!
  • Reply 5 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lawyered View Post

Somehow i doubt that . . . "reports from readers" seems to be like a couple people full of shit, but hey I would like to see an order status screen shot that says it shipped!

Never know! Again, I'd read Apple had a decent stock waiting to ship to the first buyers at 1am PST. It wouldn't seem like Apple to hype it so much, and supply to outlets like Walmart etc., without being able to take care of the predictable demand falling to its own stores. But maybe its just me hoping...

http://www.9to5mac.com/55801/ipad-2-...ery-next-week/
  • Reply 6 of 68
    I just got a shipment confirmation on my iPad 2 64GB Black WiFi. Apple's order confirmation says delivered by March 18th but when i tracked it through fedex it says delivery by March 17th

My bet is that it will get here on the 16th. For some reason whenever I order something from apple and its shipped fedex it always gets here a day before the estimated delivery date.
  • Reply 7 of 68
    PREPPED TO SHIP! YES!!

order: 16Gb Black Wifi, engraved

time: 4:01am EST
  • Reply 8 of 68
    cj3209cj3209 Posts: 158member
    Ordered online on Friday, 1:15am, PST. Delivery date to SoCal, on 3/17/11.

Nice.

Good to be back from the dark side...

CJ

• Reply 9 of 68
    SHIPPED!!! I know this thread is dead but anyone who cares or is keeping track of which orders ship when....

My black engraved 16gb wifi shipped in the wee hours of monday morning EST (~2am); I ordered it officially at 4:01am EST almost three days ago. It was "prepared for shipment" for just over 24 hours.

Overall, very happy with this launch.
  • Reply 10 of 68
    oops. ---> see next post.

p.s. fedex should really work on sundays and mondays.
  • Reply 11 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by easye View Post

SHIPPED!!! I know this thread is dead but anyone who cares or is keeping track of which orders ship when....

My black engraved 16gb wifi shipped in the wee hours of monday morning EST (~2am); I ordered it officially at 4:01am EST almost three days ago. It was "prepared for shipment" for just over 24 hours.

Overall, very happy with this launch.

haha yeah I think this thread was never alive. Almost 700 views but only a three commenters. People need to stop being lazy and give updates for those of us that want to predict when ours will get here.

But another quick update on mine. It seems as though the package was delivered to fedex after the cut off time on saturday so its still in China as of now, im betting on an actual delivery date of the 17th instead of what I originally thought would be on the 16th.

I am just guessing here but I think the factory/ storage warehouse makes daily deliveries to fedex and sometimes they get there before they close and sometimes after so when they "transmit shipping info to fedex" that is obviously before its dropped off and they just expect it to get there after fedex closes so they dont piss people off but on occasion it gets there before and thats why i said apple stuff tends to come a day early.

Like with the iPhone 4 launch, i dont think apple expected them to get there before the store launch, it just happend to work out since they were apparently on their warehouse/ order processing game that day.
  • Reply 12 of 68
    Ordered a 64GB 3G at&t, Friday at 5:15am EST.

IPAD WI-FI 3G 64GB BLACK-USA

Ships: 3 - 5 business days \t \t \t \t \t \t

Delivers: Mar 18 - Mar 25

IPAD SMART COVER ORANGE-USA

Ships: 1-2 Business days

Delivers: Mar 16 - Mar 21

Shippment notification for cover: Shipped on Mar 12
  • Reply 13 of 68
    Ordered on-line on 3/11/11 at around 0115 hours:

IPAD: 32GB BLACK Wi-Fi

Ship date Mar 13, 2011

Estimated delivery Mar 17, 2011 by 4:30 PM

IPAD CAMERA CONNECTION KIT

Ship date Mar 13, 2011

IPAD SMART COVER BLACK LEATHER-USA

Anticipated ship date Mar 14, 2011

• Reply 14 of 68
    Finally out of China. Tracking says in Anchorage on its way to NYC. I wish we could just call them up and say hey overnight it and pay the difference.
  • Reply 15 of 68
    Ordered on 3/11 at 412EST for the 16GB black 3G. Currently 'being prepared for shipment'. I called on 3/11 to see if I can pay for overnight shipping and the rep said yes. $11 bux for 2-3days and $17 bux for 1 day. I opted for the 2-3 days and she didn't even charge me. I called in today to see what 'being prepared for shipment' really ment and the rep said that it is just waiting to be picked up by Fedex. I asked him if I would get it sooner since I had 'upgraded' my shipping. That was when he told me that they cannot expidite the shipping. I told him to check my account and he saw where the previous rep had changed it from 3-5 days to 2-3 days. He said that was an error and I would most likely get my Ipad in on Friday if not Thrusday. BUT he did say he would give me a free keyboard dock for the error and trouble! Hey I'm happy with that.
  • Reply 16 of 68
    Here's my status; ordered 34GB AT&T White and Grey cover at about 1250 AM pacific. Cover due in tomorrow; iPad not yet shipped.
  • Reply 17 of 68
    16GB1

$499.00

* Black

* Ships: 3-4 weeks

* Free Shipping

Select iPad with Wi-Fi 16GB

* White

* Free Shipping

Select iPad with Wi-Fi 16GB

32GB1

$599.00

* Black

* Free Shipping

Select iPad with Wi-Fi 32GB

* White

* Free Shipping

Select iPad with Wi-Fi 32GB

64GB1

$699.00

* Black

* Free Shipping

Select iPad with Wi-Fi 64GB

* White

* Free Shipping

Select iPad with Wi-Fi 64GB
  • Reply 18 of 68
    I ordered 16GB AT&T 3G black on 3/11 @ 4:06 est. This morning my status changed to prepared for shipment. I appreciate the information here from easye and nauticax88 to let me know what that meant. I feel better now. Hope to see it change to ship tomorrow and delivered before the week is out. It's my first iPad. Green poly cover gets here Wednesday (ordered on Saturday).
  • Reply 19 of 68
    NOT BAD: two business day shipping (On-line order on Friday, 0115 hours) - 32GB iPad-wifi. Of course my black leather cover and camera connection kit are coming in a few days later...go figure...

CJ

Mar 15, 2011 8:16 AM

On FedEx vehicle for deliveryHAWTHORNE, CA

Mar 15, 2011 7:10 AM

At local FedEx facilityHAWTHORNE, CA

Mar 15, 2011 3:16 AM

At dest sort facilityLOS ANGELES, CA

Mar 15, 2011 2:23 AM

Departed FedEx locationOAKLAND, CA

Mar 14, 2011 10:20 PM

Arrived at FedEx locationOAKLAND, CA

Mar 14, 2011 5:00 PM

Departed FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 14, 2011 12:37 PMInt'l shipment release

ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 14, 2011 10:33 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 13, 2011 11:58 PMAt local FedEx facility

LANTAU ISLAND HK

Mar 13, 2011 11:19 PM

Picked up

SHENZHEN CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff

Mar 13, 2011 10:34 PMIn transit

LANTAU ISLAND HK

Mar 12, 2011 9:21 AM

Shipment information sent to FedEx
  • Reply 20 of 68
    WOW CJ thats quick, I guess SoCal is a shorter flight than NYC. No update yet but im guessing since there has been no tracking update in 20 hours that means its probably coming all the way to NY so possibly out for delivery tomorrow!

Mar 14, 2011 4:34 PM

In transit ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 14, 2011 1:46 PM

Int'l shipment release ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 14, 2011 10:33 AM

Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 13, 2011 11:58 PM

At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK

Mar 13, 2011 11:19 PM

Picked up SHENZHEN CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff

Mar 13, 2011 7:41 PM