Apple releases iOS 4.3.1 with minor fixes for cell networks

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by super8sean View Post

Funny seeing all the comments i got from the apple fanboys. You guys crack me up. Defending it like u own 1 million shares of apple stock.

Read the updates and i don't think they warrant an update. Apple puts out these updates to battle the jailbreakers.

And Apple fixes bugs and adds features at the same time. How often does Google or your handset manufacturer or your carrier fix bugs and add features?
  • Reply 42 of 47
    ruel24ruel24 Posts: 432member
    Turned off Ping and battery drainage still an issue.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    What's an "udpate"?
  • Reply 44 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by frugalx View Post

Right, but can we activate them using Xcode in 4.3.1 as in 4.3 ?

Connect your iDevice running iOS 4.3 and tell Xcode that you want to use the device for development. Then when you go to General settings on your device you will see the option to enable the gestures

Quote:
    Originally Posted by peter236 View Post

How long does it take to upgrade from IOS 4.2.1 to IOS 4.3.1?

How do you revert back to a previous version?

On my old iMac, about 20 minutes start to finish I think, though I'm guessing here as I didn't time it. You can't revert to a previous version, not via Apple's standard methods anyway (AFAIK).
  • Reply 45 of 47
    elliots11elliots11 Posts: 290member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VonBrick View Post

I couldn't agree more. I called Support and they mentioned that they have been receiving calls for awhile on this issue...I don't know what that means, but I assume it means they know about the issue and are preparing a fix...??

Now that I've had 4.3.1 a few days I've noticed an improvement, but still the same basic situation. Now when it connects to the wifi it seems to stay around 2 bars, but I have had it drop down to one bar and become unresponsive again once since the update. It's better, but I hope they get it back the way it was. This is while I'm in the same room , no obstructions.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theelfismike View Post

What's an "udpate"?

You must be an Android user. Don't worry. Most of you guys don't get them.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SactoMan01 View Post

While iOS 4.3.1 did improve the battery life on both my 4G iPod touch and iPad 2, was it really necessary to download over 600 MB of code just to do this incremental upgrade?

I'm hoping that starting with iOS 5.0 Apple redesigns the upgrade process so the upgrades can be done on an incremental basis (that's how Google does it with upgrades to the Chrome web browser) and/or poll the installed software to determine just how big an update you need (that's how Microsoft does it with the Service Packs for Windows XP/Vista/7).

Ah well, now that we just got a nice Pwnage Tool for 4.2.1 stable untethered jailbreak with iBook errors fixed, I'll be hanging on to mah 4.2.1 for at least a few months. No, I do not pirate apps. I need it mainly for SBSettings and most importantly FULL VIDEO MIRRORING.