Apple Retail planning Jerusalem store, SoHo expansion

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    Apple is not building an apple store in Jerusalem, at list not yet.

The article that this info came from is wrong about the name of the company. Eran Tor, the CEO of iDigital in Israel is calling himself and his company "Apple Israel". The store in Jerusalem will be another branch of iDigital - a chain of four retail stores that is trying to imitate the apple store experience (with a partial success). iDigital is just another Apple Premium Reseller.

Israel realy need a real representation of apple, Apple as a company will earn so much from it (kinect and thunderbolt are two examples for the Israeli mind) but until this day comes, iDigital is not Apple.

And no, the western entrance to Jerusalem was never in the west bank.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ymeiner View Post

Apple is not building an apple store in Jerusalem, at list not yet.

The article that this info came from is wrong about the name of the company. Eran Tor, the CEO of iDigital in Israel is calling himself and his company "Apple Israel". The store in Jerusalem will be another branch of iDigital - a chain of four retail stores that is trying to imitate the apple store experience (with a partial success). iDigital is just another Apple Premium Reseller.

Israel realy need a real representation of apple, Apple as a company will earn so much from it (kinect and thunderbolt are two examples for the Israeli mind) but until this day comes, iDigital is not Apple.

And no, the western entrance to Jerusalem was never in the west bank.

Thanks for the correction.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    That's a nice looking store, in the old post office building.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by patrickwalker View Post

Wonder if the store in Jerusalem will be built upon stolen Palestinian land? Sort of like how some Intel facilities are.

Historically....

a) 'Palestinians' are a manufactured category of people. Before Arafat, they considered themselves Arabs

b) The Arabs could have cared less about the territory before the Jews resettled it in the late 19th and early 20th Century

c) The ARAB nations evacuated the ancestors of most of the current 'Palestinians' so they could 'drive Israel into the sea' and give the arab residents more territory

d) Five (I believe) Arab nations got their butts handed to them---and the UN and Israel STILL offered the Arabs a two state solution circa '48-'49 and they turned it down because the Arab Nations wanted to wipe out the nation of Israel

...and Israel is accused of stealing land. Who controls a RDF again?
  • Reply 25 of 32
    I'd love to have Apple open an official store in Jerusalem. However, I don't think it would be a good idea because it would end up as a terrorism target. This is because Apple represents America as much as the Twin Towers and the Pentagon.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by patrickwalker View Post

Wonder if the store in Jerusalem will be built upon stolen Palestinian land? Sort of like how some Intel facilities are.

Whatever. Most Apple Stores are built on stolen Native American land... Not like they were gonna do anything interesting with the real estate. Hunt buffalo? I'd rather erect a glass shrine to rampant consumerism and stand in line than hunt buffalo and listen to the tribe elders talk creation myths.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kohelet View Post

historically....

A) 'palestinians' are a manufactured category of people. Before arafat, they considered themselves arabs

b) the arabs could have cared less about the territory before the jews resettled it in the late 19th and early 20th century

c) the arab nations evacuated the ancestors of most of the current 'palestinians' so they could 'drive israel into the sea' and give the arab residents more territory

d) five (i believe) arab nations got their butts handed to them---and the un and israel still offered the arabs a two state solution circa '48-'49 and they turned it down because the arab nations wanted to wipe out the nation of israel

...and israel is accused of stealing land. Who controls a rdf again?

really ?

• Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Whatever. Most Apple Stores are built on stolen Native American land... Not like they were gonna do anything interesting with the real estate. Hunt buffalo? I'd rather erect a glass shrine to rampant consumerism and stand in line than hunt buffalo and listen to the tribe elders talk creation myths.

Apple just named their server farms ..

lion

• Reply 29 of 32
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

Apple just named their server farms ..

lion

The king of the digital jungle?
  • Reply 30 of 32
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Apple Retail planning Jerusalem store...

Jesus!
  • Reply 31 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

The king of the digital jungle?

Why yes my dear dear buddy.

The lion never sleeps .

Arabs and Jews and Christians and Pagans alike will all make a pilgrimage to the APPLE STORE .

And I hope they find love .

and great tasting cheesecake at the cheesecake factory.

peace

yes the lion sleeps tonight
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Great sharing are you done.