Claims of Sony cameras in iPhone 5 'silly,' Apple likely to keep OmniVision

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    kenckenc Posts: 195member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addicted44 View Post

I thought Stringer was decently smart (although he has not been able to reverse Sony's decline). What does he even mean by the "Doesn't burn you" comment?

Sony made the batteries for many laptops, including Macbooks that exploded, due to metal impurities. So, he knows a thing or two about burning devices. He was probably afraid the iPad had a Sony-made battery inside.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maccherry View Post

He was talking out his a$$! Sony is a dino. Yeah they make great video cameras, the big ones that cost like 80 thousand, Bravia tvs, psp and ps3 but that is it. They suck everywhere else. IMHO.

My iphone took better pictures than any effing high end Sony camera I test in best buy last year.

A $500.00 12 mega pixel Sony camera was pwned by my 5 mega pixel iphone 4. What a damn shame!!!!

I'm getting the new psp 2 later this year though.

I think you are stretching a bit here - I have one DSLR and couple of P&S at home, and even if being older and only 6MP of resolution, DSLR is above any of my P&S as much as they are above phone cameras I have seen, iPhone 4 included.

Maybe you didn't hold camera correctly?

But seriously... Sony do have some decent P&S cameras as well, but best of them are using Zeiss glass instead of their own brand.

But speaking of that, Apple could do with some high-end optics brand, if for no other reason, then marketing. Zeiss, Leica... or, why not? Nikon or Canon branded glass surely sounds better than OmniVision. Additionally, none of those brands is likely to compete with Apple in foreseeable future, so they would all make safe and stable partnerships.

Branded optics would play nice for all those camera geeks and lovers, me included.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    So just connect to the itunes and it should detect your phone and there are options there to download and install the latest firmware.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    I should note that personally I find the iPad 2 cameras quite shocking in their low quality. This could be just sour grapes that I haven't yet got my iPad 2 despite a friend of mine trying in Australia for 2 weeks now.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KenC View Post

Sony made the batteries for many laptops, including Macbooks that exploded, due to metal impurities. So, he knows a thing or two about burning devices. He was probably afraid the iPad had a Sony-made battery inside.