Apple releases free iAd Gallery on App Store to show off interactive ads

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    jacksonsjacksons Posts: 244member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juandl View Post

I suggested this about five months ago.

Many many people ( including myself) have never seen an iAd.

Well may have gone dry for them at a time.

Unlikely. When iAds came out a woman submitted such an app.

It was rejected for being "Not required. redundant"

• Reply 22 of 28
    mennomenno Posts: 854member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

They are not global, and they are not cross-platform. So we left with annoying AdMob which I will never click.

Pretty sure I read somewhere where AdMob was trying to work it so iAd like content could be displayed cross platform. Most likely Apple wouldn't take to kindly to that though.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Menno View Post

Pretty sure I read somewhere where AdMob was trying to work it so iAd like content could be displayed cross platform. Most likely Apple wouldn't take to kindly to that though.

Great ad is about creativity. What I meant about "annoying" AdMob is not the platform but their lacks of creativity, hence annoying.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

I'm already impressed with the 1st one I tried, especially this: Choose lipstick color based on your mood.

My wife would love an app like this.

Does's this ad also work the reversed way? Would be nice to figure out the mood of wife or

girlfriend based upon the color of her lipstick.

Unfortunately iAd Gallery is not yet available in the swiss AppStore. But count me too to the group of nobodys who would definitely download this App if it was available.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sippincider View Post

Interesting, considering the App Store guidelines specifically bans ad-only apps.

Explanations, Apple?

Simple explanation if you just think about it for more than a second. If you can't see or think of any valid reason(s) why Apple won't allow ad only apps then refer to the old 'Golden Rule: (paraphrased here) The owner of the gold makes the rules.".
  • Reply 26 of 28
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

Does's this ad also work the reversed way? Would be nice to figure out the mood of wife or

girlfriend based upon the color of her lipstick.

That's a great idea. Then the logical next step would be knowing what she's thinking by pointing an iPhone at her.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Frankly, I was unimpressed with the majority of the ads. It's difficult to create a compelling interactive ad, even when Apple is involved.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Apple has finally killed the iAd Gallery App. Apple itself gave little attention to it with the last update, for iOS6 compatibility, coming back in 2012. Apparently it received just as little attention from iOS fans since it wasn't missed until recently even tho it may have disappeared a few months back.