Apple to announce new Final Cut Studio on April 12, pushes sponsors out of event

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Starway View Post

The reason Avid was probably originally scheduled to appear is because they are also the owners of ProTools. And many of us Final Cut editors also use ProTools as part of our jobs.

Great point... which makes me wonder when Apple is going to look at similar issues with Logic Studio for sound. I would dearly love having the iPad as a flexible control surface for both the DAW and soft synths, FX, etc.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    demanding all stage time must mean they're preparing to tell people over and over again how they have changed everything. New UI? I hope it's pro, fresh and fast.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I hope they find a way to integrate iPad into the FCS UI:

-- as an additional display

-- as a multitouch input device

-- as a control surface

You can do that now with an app like AirDisplay

And it works with any Mac app, not just FinalCut.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,731member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

You can do that now with an app like AirDisplay

And it works with any Mac app, not just FinalCut.

That's still a proxy. I posted just a few higher what I'd like to see. Direct interaction on a 30" screen
  • Reply 25 of 26
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    People often confuse 'bloated' with 'a lot of features'. It's all about how, when and where you present these features.

I would personally like to see FCP use context menus.

When you click on a clip or sequence you get options like 'go into detail mode' (hopefully a better term). It then changes to a more After Effects kind of mode where you can use the eraser to remove cables in the video (it will remove the cables in other frames), do 2d and 3d tracking and so on. And a button that switches to color correction mode. Motion-esque / AE-esque. Press 'x' to go back to edit mode.

Nothing bloated about that, much better than switching apps dealing with there own little rules and quirks. Copying almost-the-same-behavior to 5 apps IS bloated.

Same thing goes for sound files; clicking a button when selecting a sound sequence or 'conposition' switches to audio edit mode within FCP, or optionally send ProTools/GarageBand or whatever.

Lastly I expect much in regards to:

- much better speed adjustment (adding frames)

- masking

- tracking

- steady-cam
  • Reply 26 of 26
    hezetationhezetation Posts: 674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by acslater017 View Post

I think that would be cool too - it is quite tiresome to click back and forth between the timeline, tools, file browser, etc. Although if that were true, I think iMovie for iPad would have turned out better (since Apple does cross-pollinate ideas). I've hard that it's just mediocre, especially in comparison to the awesome GarageBand app.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it - the Final Cut UI is not up to Apple standards. Too bad I just finished doing a big project for a friend a week ago

Throw Aperture in that boat, I find it incredibly clunky compared to iPhoto, though much better than lightroom.