iPad eating up use of PC, TV, radio, book reading

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    dannerdanner Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacksons View Post

If you are at home, why would you want to watch TV on an iPad instead of on a giant screen with surround sound.)

The iPad 2's HDMI link lets me send Netflix to the TV & the sound system with no loss of quality. (well, some loss of quality from time to time, but it's negligible... depends on the feed.) Too, when laying down with the 'pad propped on your chest and sound coming thru WiFi'd speakers, the experience can be fulfilling as the screen takes up most of your visual field.

I've even dropped the $60+ @ month high speed internet connection in favor of the 'pad's $30 @ month 3G. Granted, I have AT&T's unlimited download package, and there're sacrifices over using my big iMac for web use, but money's tight, and I'm finding that less use of the web can be better . . .
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The survey of 1,400 tablet users was conducted by Google's AdMob subsidiary, which consistently referred to those interviewed as being "tablet users" rather than iPad users.

The report did not note that more than 65,000 unique titles are available for Apple's iPad, while around two dozen are available for Google's Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet platform. The report also did not break down if any of the 1,400 users surveyed were using a tablet other than an iPad.

Maybe the report was done by someone who doesn't give a shit about apple vs. the rest of the world. Did that point ever cross your mind DED?
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Absolutely can relate to this post. When I first purchased my first iPhone, I spent substantially less time on my personal laptop. The iPhone is so useful that I already check my email throughout the day and then will only use my MacBook when needing to type longer or in-depth web research. And since the iPads have come out, I spend even less time on the laptop. Also, I just read that PC sales are down 6.1% from last year due to the tablet computers.

If anyone is interested, I saw that Sporcle is giving away a free iPad2 for whoever plays their 500 millionth game. Looks like all you have to do is register and play some of the online trivia games. A good way for someone to win an iPad2 if they don?t have one, since you get to play trivia games and possibly come away with an iPad2. I was just on there today and saw that they are nearing the 500 million mark.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Is this a contest to see how many threads you can hide spam in?