Amazing Race 3

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Okay, so we're down to 5 teams now.

Any fans of the show will probably agree that:

Ian is an assh*le par excellance.

The Gerard Brothers are a fun pick for winners.

Drew and Derek seem to be loathed by all of the players.

The last three weeks have been SUCK for the show. 3 weeks ago the Country Music Awards bumped Amazing Race 3 (AR3). Two weeks ago I missed seeing it, and THIS week I got home to find that the show was being run in an earlier time slot and that I'd missed the first half. This is why shows get cancelled. Move the show around even a little and you lose more than half of your audience.

Anyway, any other AR3 fans out there?

Who are your favorites from this season?

How does this batch compare to series 1 and 2?

D

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Get ready to be chewed out by TV connoisseur reality show haters.

I think I like Flo and Zach out of the teams that are left. Flo's fun to watch when she gets all wound up. I like John Vito and Jill too. They're the most normal of the bunch. I liked Aaron and Arianne at first because they listed their iPod as their most valuable item for the race, but they ended up being really obnoxious...Aaron anyway.

Ken and Gerard don't even know how to change a tire...

Drew and Derek are going to suffer some kind of comeuppance. 1) They wanted to ditch Ken and Gerard out of the airport. 2) They refused to help Teri and Ian after Teri helped them find their misplaced clue...

Ian is something else...
  • Reply 2 of 28
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Oh screw the TV snobs, this is the only show that I actively track....pride's gone out the window.

I agree: it totally blew me away that the Gerards didn't know how to change a freaking TIRE! If the other team hadn't been so amazingly far behind, the brothers would have lost the race over that incident. Since the show is edited for the highest level of drama possible, there's no way for us to know how much time passed between the flat tire and when it was changed.

I'm just tweaked that the schedule's been so random. From now on I'll check the website to make sure I know when it' will be aired.

D
  • Reply 3 of 28
    I love this show. This is by far the only reality show I would ever consider acutally being on. You don't have to do disgusting things or even interact with any other contestants but your partner.

I don't like the twins or Ian and spouse either. I hope one of the two young couples win it. They need the money more. It would be quite funny if the brothers win just because they seem so clueless.

My favorite team from past shows is definately the brother and sister from last year Blake and Paige. She was just so cute and really cool. I was pulling for them, but by the miracle that is tv, I really have no influence on what happens.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by MasterZeus:

<strong>I love this show. This is by far the only reality show I would ever consider acutally being on. You don't have to do disgusting things or even interact with any other contestants but your partner.

I don't like the twins or Ian and spouse either. I hope one of the two young couples win it. They need the money more. It would be quite funny if the brothers win just because they seem so clueless.

My favorite team from past shows is definately the brother and sister from last year Blake and Paige. She was just so cute and really cool. I was pulling for them, but by the miracle that is tv, I really have no influence on what happens. </strong><hr></blockquote>

My wife and I always tape/watch tAR(1,2.3).

If you like that, ABC's THE MOLE is not too far from the same take. It's pretty good, too.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    Blake and Piage = Team Incest America.

I liked Wil and Tara because they were at each other's throats the entire time. Plus all the *bleeped* out conversations.
  • Reply 6 of 28
    Let's see, in AR2 the team that I was MOST happy to see get eliminated from the race were the two bitchy friends. Somehow they got to the Arc too late and came in last on that leg of the trip.

The two girls on AR3 that took a cab instead of following instructions and going by foot really reminded me of the other two from the previous year.

I don't think that the Twins stack up to Bert and Ernie (yet)....next week looks kind of interesting though, maybe they'll break away and become true asses by that time.

Let's hope so, that's what makes it fun~
  • Reply 7 of 28
    [quote]Originally posted by JRC:

<strong>

My wife and I always tape/watch tAR(1,2.3).

If you like that, ABC's THE MOLE is not too far from the same take. It's pretty good, too.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah I like that one a lot too but I would never want to be on it. That has to be the hardest of any of these shows. The stuff they have to remember and figure out about each other is insane. Then they have to take a quiz and be fast at it too.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    I think we've fallen firmly into Drew/Derek camp.

Anyone but FLO.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    Man, the race through the Alpine village was HOT!

I hadn't really had any thoughts about John Vito and Jill for awhile, so I really got a kick out of them coming from behind to get ahead of the crowd at the falls in tonight's installment. That eat shite look on the 4 teams' faces was funny, and Jill stood her ground guarding her boat like a bulldog. Damned funny.

The way that John Vito and the Twins dissed Ian (and Teri) right at the beginning was a hoot, and the Gerard Brothers dissing them at the bank vault was great too. But that's the game....why would they help a team that might possibly stage a comeback and beat them? In fact, at the check-in Teri and Ian DID arrive between the Gerards.

The whole thing between Derek and Flo was kind of weird, since Zach was right there.

Next week is going to get UGLY.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    [quote]Originally posted by drewprops:

<strong>Man, the race through the Alpine village was HOT!

I hadn't really had any thoughts about John Vito and Jill for awhile, so I really got a kick out of them coming from behind to get ahead of the crowd at the falls in tonight's installment. That eat shite look on the 4 teams' faces was funny, and Jill stood her ground guarding her boat like a bulldog. Damned funny.

The way that John Vito and the Twins dissed Ian (and Teri) right at the beginning was a hoot, and the Gerard Brothers dissing them at the bank vault was great too. But that's the game....why would they help a team that might possibly stage a comeback and beat them? In fact, at the check-in Teri and Ian DID arrive between the Gerards.

The whole thing between Derek and Flo was kind of weird, since Zach was right there.

Next week is going to get UGLY.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No way should anyone offer assistance on the bank vault challenge. Those are the types of roadblocks that are interesting.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    Hey, if I didn't hear it incorrectly didn't our host say that this past week's leg was the FIRST of THREE non-elimination rounds? There can't be that many rounds left if you think about it. Aren't there always three teams left for the final leg of the race? If there are five teams NOW, that means that there two teams must be eliminated before the final leg....but if there are two more non-elimination rounds to go that means that there'd have to be more than three more rounds to go in the trip. I'm all confused now.

Next week is a TWO HOUR double-header and it should provide a big opportunity for one or more teams to get a major lead on the competition. Set your VCR's on STUN~

D
  • Reply 12 of 28
    Tonight's episode was a 2 hour double-header and I had it taped so I can see it now.....any AR3 fans with comments g'head and post !

D
  • Reply 13 of 28
    Flo was especially obnoxious to Zach today, but I still love her. Too bad for John Vito and Jill, but hey, if you can't beat the two diaper wearing old folks who hate each other's guts, then eh...you don't get much sympathy from me.

Flo and Zach for me...then Ken and Gerard becase they're cartoony clowns. Teri and Ian last...please.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    I am definately in the Ken and Gerald camp now. Flo doesn't deserve to win because of the way she is treating Zach. I don't like the twins and no one likes Ian.

Did you see the undies Teri was wearing? Yuk. I wish I didn't. I am forever scarred.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    Yes. Teri's undies burned my retinas!!

But, Flo's was a fine salve on the wound.

Flo is such the bit ch.

I like the twins and ken/gerard.

Fun stuff. Good show. Who would have thought the old folks would last this long??

Odds are the twins will win, though. I see Zach pushing Flo out the car door.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    Okay I finally got to watch the second hour of the double-header and MAN are those teams stacked on top of each other this time! Lots of footraces in the last few episodes.

I think that there should be a new drinking game called "Ian The Asshole". Every time he does something obnoxious you have to take a drink. I think there'd be a lot super-intoxicated players by the end of the hour.

I'm okay with John Vito and Jill falling out this time around because that leaves us with my current favorites the Gerard Brothers, the increasingly interesting Drew/Flo/Zach love triangle and the eternally obnoxious Ian.

Did you see how rude Ian is to people? People he doesn't even KNOW??? UNbelievable. I stopped feeling bad for Teri a while back. After seeing the age of their kids I'd be willing to bet that she's going to wait for them to get out on their own and then call her divorce lawyer.

Did you SEE the size of that mole on that Kuala Lumpurian television star? Good Gracious Sakes Alive that thing needed its own microphone!!!!

I want to defend Zach but he just keeps coming out looking more and more boneheaded. Sure he's saving their resources, but his frugality has been happening for so long that it seems silly.

That's all I've got for tonight~

D

[ 12-05-2002: Message edited by: drewprops ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Okay, from the beginning of this episode it looked totally like the "Oh Brothers" (as Ian called them) were going to dominate. From calling ahead for a taxi to getting a jump on the plane to getting to the floating market first. Then at the end they came SO damned close to losing.

But MAN, I never expected for the Wonder Twins to blow a leg of the trip so badly though I don't doubt that I might have missed the last route marker myself.

As much as I've rooted against Teri and Ian, it was pretty damned funny to see them come in first place on this leg of the journey. At least there'll be a few more hours worth of seeing him insult (or insult the intelligence of) the citizens of a few more countries.

"Number One!" was all he knew to say to the Vietnamese cabbies....gee whiz. I'm sure that the people he said that to had no idea how cheesy he sounded, but GEEEEZ.

Zach is an idiot, pure and simple. How he got in the race is beyond me, how he got this far is a mystery that may never be solved. He's got no chutzpah, no competitive spirit, no inner anarchy.....but mostly he has no balls. If he DID own a pair he'd have already put the smack down on Flo. She'd have no reason to whine if she was racing with me, but if she DID she'd get it right back (and more). In the previews for next week's 2-Hour Finale it looks like she's going to have another breakdown. Will it be some odd circumstance that gets her down, or will it be shit-for-brains screwing the pooch again?

Setting my VCR now....
  • Reply 18 of 28
    Flo was ridiculous until the end. I loved and hated it at the same time. Zach is superman. He's walking Prozac. He deserves to win all on his own, though Flo made up for all her crap in the first 3/4 of the episode.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Flo was ridiculous until the end. I loved and hated it at the same time. Zach is superman. He's walking Prozac. He deserves to win all on his own, though Flo made up for all her crap in the first 3/4 of the episode.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Most disappointing end that FLO won. She should get NOTHING!

I was kind of pulling for Teri and Ian in the end. It looks like he took along a bottle of Grecian Formula, to me!
  • Reply 20 of 28
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Flo was ridiculous until the end. I loved and hated it at the same time. Zach is superman. He's walking Prozac. He deserves to win all on his own, though Flo made up for all her crap in the first 3/4 of the episode.</strong><hr></blockquote>

never watched the show until the two-hour finale... damn!

seems obvious from watching Ian why Americans are reviled in some countries. Ambassador A**hole will shout patronizingly at you now.

Flo: seconds away from putting my foot through the TV at her endless whining and inspirational efforts (at pouting and defeatism), i was reconciled by the fact the she may become the new "spoiled infant" poster girl, forever shamed by global coverage of her spinelessness and endless bitchiness (nice team effort, princess pathetic)

Zach was better than Prozac, but to hear that he was getting no love despite totally carrying Flo seemed cruel. Guess she's a quitter on many fronts.

the only fair split of the $1 Million prize is Zach 95% / Flo 5%. He deserves a medal, she needs major therapy.

and to think i could have watched West Wing repeats