Apple inks deal with Warner Music for iTunes cloud service - report

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Only one person is that irrational in thought. Only one person could achieve that level of mastery in Teckstudian logic.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by samlogo View Post

Apple has arrived late to the music cloud service business. I am already using the best cloud service and I have it on my homepage. I listen to my music anywhere I go.

As we all know, being first does not necessarily mean best.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by apple-ecosystems View Post

If such a sytem of direct artists submission is created successffully, the Apple Ecosystems for music and mass media may become less dependent on record labels. Apple becomes the de facto "record label" for independent artists and smaller artists collaboratives.

Apple already does exactly what you are talking about: http://www.apple.com/itunes/content-providers/

They do have some minimum volume requirements for music, so unless you are a really popular indie artist, you should probably work through one of the many aggregators that Apple works with.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

It may be difficult, but not impossible, to offer an Indie portal as well as a Label portal.

I believe that Apple is best suited to do this and the have the chutzpah to carry it off.

Apple is already creaking under the weight of the App store and having do deal with tens of thousands of individual developers. As I pointed out to Mr. Ecosystems, they already work with aggregators for lower volume artists - I don't see them changing that model any time soon.