Movies that suck, but you watch anyway

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]You think Episode 2 was bad? I think Episode 1 was worse by far!

Both of them had Jar Jar and both had a kid playing Anakin that couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, but Episode 1 just had so much more Jar Jar... **VOMIT**<hr></blockquote>

Alcimedes had it right. I won't watch Episode 1. Episode 2 sucks, but I'll watch it any way.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    [quote]Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself:

<strong>I dunno... I caught myself watching Bio-Dome the other night on Satalite.... Does that count?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Woah, BioDome rules.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Dude, where's my car?

what a wonderful film
  • Reply 24 of 33
    [quote]Dolemite <hr></blockquote>

Man, you beat me to it.

Brings back fond memories of the good old days back in the summer of 2001.

Feels likea lifetime ago.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    Midnight Madness
  • Reply 26 of 33
    [quote] dude, Real Genius does not suck. better be careful. <hr></blockquote>

I know I`m looking to buy it on on DVD...

"Kent have you been touching yourself again?" "Yes'" "noooo"
  • Reply 27 of 33
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    Battlefield Earth, Driven & anything by van damme.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Army of Darkness. The least scary of the trilogy but it is hilarious (and most people hate it).

Any of Russ Myrer's films (Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill!, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls).

Godzilla movies, Kung Fu movies and Slasher movies all fall into this category...
  • Reply 29 of 33
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>Dolemite and Buckaroo Bonzai.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have to defend Buckaroo. I still like it after all these years.

However, I like all of the Up All Night movies from USA Network, or whatever that cable channel is called. All of them sucked, but I had to watch them.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i just don't see how people can hate the evil dead series -- they're so campy, they're funny as hell.

re: episode 1 and 2 ('cause you didn't ask, but then again, i didn't care)...

i actually disliked 2 MORE than 1, for a couple of reasons, mostly because i was insulted that lucas thought he could heap on even more special effects to make up for bad acting (i mean, anakin in episode 2 was sooooo bad, i want to throw things at the movie screen). and the foreshadowing was ludicrous... gosh, yoda taught darth tyrranus, who taught qui gonn jinn, who taught obi wan kenobi, who taught anakin skywalker, who's the father of luke skywalker who then is taught by yoda, bringing it full circle. gosh, we GET IT, GEORGE!

i don't know why people hate jar jar so much. i just pretty much ignored him. and yes, jar jar plays a small but pivotal role in episode ii.

the only thing i found utterly unforgiveable, that tainted the series forever in my mind, was when george lucas decided he needed to EXPLAIN the force. if i ever meet the man, i willsmack him upside the head on behalf of all of us... just promise me you'll come up with a little bail money.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    rooroo Posts: 162member
    [quote]Originally posted by rok:

<strong>

the only thing i found utterly unforgiveable, that tainted the series forever in my mind, was when george lucas decided he needed to EXPLAIN the force.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

i agree. if you can simply get a medical test for it, it takes away a bit of the magic, which is basically what the force is.

oh, i'm a real sucker for girly movies. they're not things i'd go to a theatre to see, but i have been known to watch "josie and the pussycats", "miss confidentiality", etc over and over again when they come on tv.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    any movie on Lifetime channel
  • Reply 33 of 33
    I found myself watching these on recently, I found them rather lousy yet entertaining for some reason.

Mission: Kashmir 2000

Director:

Vidhu Vinod Chopra

Wants to be a tear-jerking current-affairs war drama, ends up being a subcontinetal mountainous western.

Nice landscapes, though.

The Other 1999

Director:

Yusuf Shahin

A wannabe modern-day Romeo&Juliet political manifesto. Cheesy, expectable, which makes it somewhat humourous.

Europa 1990

Director: Lars von Trier

It captures the quaint charm of steam locomotives, and that's about all there is to it.