When will next imac rev appear?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

most notably it needs a faster processor and a larger hard drive on the 1799 model.

at least offer a few Apple Store exclsuive BTO options like massive hard drives or something. doing that would really make a lot more money for apple.

I would get an iMac now if I was able to easily install a larger hard drive (160GB maxtor or 120GB 7200RPM drive)</strong><hr></blockquote>

So what's to stop you from adding this as an external FW drive?
  • Reply 42 of 46
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    [quote]But I'd still rather Apple devoted their efforts to developing a two button mouse w/ scrollwheel rather than dicking around with wireless crap. I mean, first there was the puck mouse, and then two years, TWO years later, they managed to up the ante with the "pro" mouse, not pro but not Fisher Price either, and then the pro mouse probably cut the proportion of Mac buyers who immediately trashed their mouse upon receiving shipment by about 20%. If it's this hard for Apple to get their mouse right, imagine the amount of resources they would need for a wireless mouse and keyboard that people didn't throw out first thing after opening the packaging. Don't laugh until you think back prior to the introduction of the puck mouse--who would have thought anybody could screw up a mouse, especially the very same company that brought the first mouse-dependent personal computer to the market! Unbelievable.<hr></blockquote>

I want my Pro Mouse!

Seriously I love my Pro Mouse. I tried the Intellimouse, but it has been relegated to my 'great cupboard of computer parts'.

Want a 2+ button mouse? Get a 3rd party.

Barto

PS Don't expect iMac updates for ages (probably ~9 months). Get one now while they're hot.

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Barto ]</p>
  • Reply 43 of 46
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Gosh, the first thread I ever start and it makes it to the coveted red folder status.

It makes me feel all smushy inside.... :cool:

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: Flounder ]</p>
  • Reply 44 of 46
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by neutrino23:

<strong>

So what's to stop you from adding this as an external FW drive?</strong><hr></blockquote>

external!?

I'm one of those mac users that likes them for their simplicity, design, compactness, and all-in-oneness.

The only reason why I am even interested in an imac is because of that. an external drive defeats that purpose and I might as well go with a tower
  • Reply 45 of 46
    [quote]That would piss me off I had to keep changing batteries in my keyboard to keep it working<hr></blockquote>

I use a wireless keyboard at work 8 hours a day. I put 8 AA batteries in it 2.5 years ago and haven't had to change them yet. I personally can't believe it :eek:
  • Reply 46 of 46
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Nice JYD, you chose to ignore the points about 17" CRT's. An inch of space difference is comparable. It's not the same, but it is comparable. Right. And whether you're using your father's CRT or your son's, the 16" viewable figure is the maximum viewable area. Even the best CRT will require that you back slightly off the edge to avoid/minimize geometric distortions. .25 to .5 of an inch total or .125 to .25 on each side/corner. That would give the real viewable area (or at least the one with correct/consistent geometry and focus) as about 15.5 to 15.75 -- the real difference is less than 1" Factor in energy savings, superior geometry, better contrast, and vastly better ergonomics (and I don't just mean positioning, but also the proven benefits that a virtually 'refreshless' technology brings to your eyes: namely, substantially less fatigue) and a 15"LCD display is, at the very least, comparable (yet often superior) to a 17"CRT for most general uses.

The only advantages of a CRT are resolution scaling and available color control solutions. Solutions are popping up for the later, and neither would be adressed by simply having a bigger panel.

The whole industry agrees, except you. You're just wrong, get over it.