Apple asks Lodsys to rescind legal threats against iOS developers

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Yes, I'm aware of the articles and issues. But, so far, there doesn't seem to be any companies that have signed up. Maybe that's changed since I've last looked. . .

There were 16 members from day one including:

AMD

Cisco Systems

HiSilicon Technologies (for itself and its parent, Huawei)

Logitech

Mozilla Corporation

Opera Software

STMicroelectronics (for itself and its 50/50 joint venture, ST-Ericsson)

Texas Instruments

Xiph.org Foundation

Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

As far as the investigation goes, it means little right now. An investigation doesn't mean a finding.

I agree with you Mel. It's all too common for some posters to equate an investigation with guilt. Or confuse some bloggers comments with indisputable facts.

As I mentioned earlier, there's usually more gray (or perhaps pots and kettles?) than black and white when one company/organization accuses another of wrongdoing IMHO.
  • Reply 62 of 62
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

There were 16 members from day one including:

AMD

Cisco Systems

HiSilicon Technologies (for itself and its parent, Huawei)

Logitech

Mozilla Corporation

Opera Software

STMicroelectronics (for itself and its 50/50 joint venture, ST-Ericsson)

Texas Instruments

Xiph.org Foundation

I agree with you Mel. It's all too common for some posters to equate an investigation with guilt. Or confuse some bloggers comments with indisputable facts.

As I mentioned earlier, there's usually more gray (or perhaps pots and kettles?) than black and white when one company/organization accuses another of wrongdoing IMHO.

I don't see how some of those companies can contribute anything. A number have no patents in this area. Are these companies exhibiting solidarity, because they are using WebM, rather than contributing IP?