Eagles beat Bucs...Raiders beat Titans

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The Philadelphia Eagles will reign victorious over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers today! The Eagles will get back to the superbowl for the first time since 1980...for a rematch with the Black and Silver. Tampa Bay is just too weak offensively to put up any points against the Eagles incredible defense. While Tampa Bay has an amazing defense of their own, the Eagles have a more capable offense, especially with McNabb back. McNabb wont be hampered by the fact that he is "rusty" after the 7 weeks he was sidelined because he played last week and beat Michael Vick and the Falcons.

I say Eagles 24 Bucs 16.

The Oakland Raiders will stomp the Tennessee Titans simply because the Raiders are more talented and have less key player injuries. Steve McNair is being held together with duct-tape and cihicken wire as he tries to lead his team to victory in a Rocky Balboa underdog way. The Raiders (although old) are a veteran group of amazing players. They have the MVP Rich Gannon, whom I predict will throw for 400 yards (To Jerry Rice, Jerry Porter, and Tim Brown) and at least 2 TD's.

The Raiders 34 Titans 17

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i'm guessing the cold won't kill the Bucs, and they'll pull one out their ass today. but i agree that the Raiders win.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I hope the Titans knock a home run and score a basket!

pscates = hates everything about football (but will watch the Dixie Chicks warble the national anthem for the Super Bowl next Sunday...my birthday, BTW
  • Reply 3 of 22
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    You have it backwards. Titans will advance to the Superbowl and lose at the half yard line next week.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Eagles and Raiders. Some of the most ferocious fans and they're on opposite coasts! This will make for an exciting SuperBowl!
  • Reply 5 of 22
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I'm surprised, and kinda pleased, but the Bucs are puttin up one hell of a fight!!, its 2nd quarter and tied up and they got the momentum . . and the ball . . .

I thought I liked Philly but I can't help for rootin for an underdog with a crowd like that nad such a heavy expectation that the Eagles will win . . .
  • Reply 6 of 22
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    The Eagles haven't done anything on offense other than one kickoff return for a touchdown and a field goal, whereas the Bucs have marched downfield twice.

Oh how sweet it would be to watch a Gruden vs Raiders Super Bowl.

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited by: Eugene ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>The Eagles haven't done anything on offense other than one kickoff return for a touchdown and a field goal, whereas the Bucs have marched downfield twice.

Oh how sweet it would be to watch a Gruden vs Raiders Super Bowl.

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited by: Eugene ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I totally forgot, Gruden vs Oakland...awesome!

Im an Eagles fan though!
  • Reply 8 of 22
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Bucs and Raiders in the Superbowl... going to be a great game.

Eagles have nothing today... they're done.

It would take a miracle for the Titans to beat the Raiders, I don't think it'll happen.

Go Chucky.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Too bad my division champ couldn't represent. Not an Eagles fan anyway.

Cowboys will win the Super Bowl in 2009.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    What a beautiful catch. Porter++
  • Reply 11 of 22
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Talked to a friend of mind in Philly about halftime. He was laughing because he went out to a 'gentlemans' club last night (lapdances, backrooms, classy up front, etc. ...you boys know the drill) and no less than ten of the STARTING Eagles line were there whooping it up. Big. He thought it was kind of strange, but, whatever, he was sitting next to their table so kind of 'hung out' all night with them.

Anyways, shows what a little over-confindence can do to your manhood (or dick in these losers cases).
  • Reply 12 of 22
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    ^ I bet that's not true.

Anyway, the offense failed yet again. They were too conservative defensively. I have a serious problem with Reid's play calling on offense. (or his coordinator's). It was so predictible. McNabb played badly.

Guys were dropping balls. It was horrible.

Uggghhh.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by SDW2001:

<strong>^ I bet that's not true.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I can assure you it is true. My friend is not really a football fan and only offered it to me as a laughable sideline as to how shitty the Eagles were playing. They played terribly, yes. Was it because they were out the night before? Probably not. These guys probably do this in every town they get to, not just their own. I'm just passing this along FYI. Believe it or don't, no skin off my back.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    mwa ha ha ha. the guys at work all laughed when i told 'em the Bucs would pull it off. looks like i might get the superbowl pot this year just for being the only one with the right teams to make it to the big game.

• Reply 15 of 22
    [quote]He was laughing because he went out to a 'gentlemans' club last night (lapdances, backrooms, classy up front, etc. ...you boys know the drill) and no less than ten of the STARTING Eagles line were there whooping it up.<hr></blockquote>

There are only nine starters combined on both the defensive and offensive lines. RT, RG, C, LG, LT...WDE, SDE, NT, NG. Unless you opened in a max protect or with a non-eligible TE which I highly doubt that you or your friend knows a thing about. Or alternatively if you went out without your SAM linebacker and threw another WDE out there.

But I shouldnt worry about the details since the whole thing is a bullshit story anyway. No offense of course.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    It's the Pirate Bowl!!!

Saw the end of the Raiders-Titans tilt. They had it close for a while...but some silly penalties by TN kept the Raiders alive on the drive where they pulled away.

This will be a VERY interesting match-up. League's best D vs. best O. Gruden vs. his old team. Al Davis vs. the NFL (lol). The storylines are plentiful. You know what THAT means. Six days of hype and a blow-out game. Or perhaps not. Parity has made for some wacky seasons the last few years, AND some very good Super Bowls. We shall see. I will probably root for Tampa Bay...if only to see the Raiders disappointed again. I'm SOOO tired about hearing about "We got screwed by the Tuck Rule" (yes, I am a Patriots fan). Bring on the beer and party food!! Here's hoping for a cool Apple commercial too .
  • Reply 17 of 22
    Yeah, forget the Super Bowl. They should be fighting for the Lombardi trophy at sea on two 100 foot galleons. Cannons, broadsides, boarding parties, swashbuckling, and squawking parrots in striped jerseys messing up everything.

Janikowski even looks like a pirate. He looks like how I'd imagine Long John Silver. Jurevicius is kinda pirate sounding...nah, seems more like he should be chariot racing or something...
  • Reply 18 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by SDW2001:

<strong>^ I bet that's not true.

Anyway, the offense failed yet again. They were too conservative defensively. I have a serious problem with Reid's play calling on offense. (or his coordinator's). It was so predictible. McNabb played badly.

Guys were dropping balls. It was horrible.

Uggghhh.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Any time the Eagles were in a 3rd and long situation they would throw a screen pass...pathetic!
  • Reply 19 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath:

<strong>

There are only nine starters combined on both the defensive and offensive lines. RT, RG, C, LG, LT...WDE, SDE, NT, NG. Unless you opened in a max protect or with a non-eligible TE which I highly doubt that you or your friend knows a thing about. Or alternatively if you went out without your SAM linebacker and threw another WDE out there.

But I shouldnt worry about the details since the whole thing is a bullshit story anyway. No offense of course.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Uhm, shutup. There could easily be 10 linesman starting. On offense there is the Center, 2 Guards, 2 Tackles. On defense there could be 2 Ends, 2 Tackles, and a Nose Tackle.

Not everybody calls the Strong side linebacker SAM.And WDE? Wide Defensive End??? Football terminology is different for everyone I guess.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>Jurevicius is kinda pirate sounding...nah, seems more like he should be chariot racing or something...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Joe Jurivicius is from Penn State! He didnt graduate but hey look at him now!