Apple's iPhone ranks in middle of pack for radiation

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cambo View Post

"0.55 percent of customers had contacted AppleCare regarding the issue. " Unbelievable. Why doesn't the media go nuts on reporting just WHO made this an issue.

The other 99.45% complained on AppleInsider.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    pxtpxt Posts: 683member
    Most of the iPhone's radiation is benign - it's coming from the reality distortion field.

This can, however, cause the halo effect, whose only known side-effect is that people buy Macs.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

They use radiation therapy for cancer so for all we know our cellphone use is keeping our tumors down.

r u kidding me,man?

Tell me were u born retarded or pathetically trying to be funny?

do u even know how radiation affects the body?

Go and figure what radiation is before insulting the intelligence of this forum.

Ever heard of Therac-25 radiation incident ?
  • Reply 44 of 48
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    What Appleinsider (prominently omitts) is the fact that 7/10 of the lowest emitting phones are from the Koreans, namely Samsung and LG.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

The radiation emitted by ANY cell phone is non-ionizing, meaning that it doesn't have enough energy to harm or even influence a persons body. Basic physics people, all of these studies trying to tie cell phone use to cancer are failing to identify correlative vs causative in their analysis. Electromagnetic "radiation" surrounds us everywhere on the planet at all times, and further more, it always has. Every creature on earth has co-existed with this fundamental force of the universe. Furthermore, the "background density" of the planetary electromagnetic field lines FAR exceeds the .01 to .5 watts a cell phone emits at it's peak. At any rate, unless you are willing live in a Faraday cage, you are being exposed to electromagnetic radiation. Knowing this, it would seem to me that we'd be all better off investing our resources trying to find things that are at least possibly dangerous according to the known laws of physics. Just a thought.

The planetary radiation is something that none can control.

However, cell phone radiation IS an option that WE have CONTROL over.

HUGE difference.

Correlative vs causative argument:

It's only a matter of time before we find the third and missing variable that links the two together.

Cell phones have been around for only a few decades and no long term studies have been conclusively done about this subject.

However, preliminary investigations are pointing the conclusions in the direction that there IS a possibility that a link between cell phone usage and cancer is highly probable.

You should be ashamed of yourself for only thinking about your Apple's stock prices going down (and thus your investment) and not to the general welfare of consumers as a whole.

Why? Are you afraid the truth might be uncovered? Your the type that mentions these statements online but in real life I bet you only use a head set or speakerphone when conversing with your loved ones, even insisting them to adopt your ways.

Then again, people on this website were, to begin with, greedy and selfish anyway.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    jexusjexus Posts: 373member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

What Appleinsider (prominently omitts) is the fact that 7/10 of the lowest emitting phones are from the Koreans, namely Samsung and LG.

Yup, Samsung Nexus S here, The FCC SAR rating for it was .51 watt per kilogram.

But then again, Samsung and LG are always adjusting or making entirely new types of displays.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    There is no hard science to prove that its "not possible" for oatmeal to cause cancer. That argument can go practically anywhere.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

No, actually what we're talking about is whether radiation from cell phones may be related to increased cancer/tumor rates.

And there is no agreement within science that it's "not possible" for cell phone radiation to cause mutations. It may be held to be unlikely, but no one worth their PhD is going to declare it utterly impossible.

• Reply 48 of 48
    I read that the cell phones emit a dangerous non-ionizing form of electromagnetic radiation; radiation which can be absorbed by the tissues and cells which come into close contact with the phone. That's why I investigated ways to iphone radiation protection . I read about Pong Research cases, Pong technology is custom-designed for each mobile device and works to redirect radiation away from your head and body. I hesitated about it, anyway, I bought a case Pong because is the only technology proven in FCC-certified laboratories to reduce the exposure to mobile device radiation by up to 95% below the FCC limit without compromising the device%u2019s ability to communicate.