Care to share your SAT scores?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 71
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    strange, IIRC these scores being posted are all withing the top 1%. now granted the people who did well would be the most likely to post, but that seems to be weighted a bit heavy on the top 1% side.

think i'll go with groverat's 4:1 bullshit ratio.
  • Reply 42 of 71
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Please notice mine is within the top 0.12%.

Hate to brag about it but its not something I can do normally. But this being an american forum I thought what the heck
  • Reply 43 of 71
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>[ 01-27-2003: Message edited by: murbot ]</strong><hr></blockquote>I preferred your original post. That sure is one long schlong you've got.

I have no idea what I got on my SAT.

But on the GRE I got 710 creative, 550 finesse, and 800 brute force.

On my LSAT I got a 7 on witness badgering, a 12 on when to stand up and yell "Objection!," and a 14 on closing statement alliteration.

On the MCAT I got a 15 on Wednesday golfing, a 12 on the pharmacist confusion prescription writing section, and a 14 on euthansia techniques.
  • Reply 44 of 71
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Bastard!

Eh, I decided not to ruffle any feathers.

You're right though, my fist post was better.

• Reply 45 of 71
    690 verbal, 640 math. I was very surprised at the lowness of the math and highness of the verbal, but I figured it balanced out, and I really didn't want to sit there for 3 hours again.
  • Reply 46 of 71
    Holy SAT scores! :eek:
  • Reply 47 of 71
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Ha. Never took it.

American high school, American college, never took the SAT.

Puzzle that one out.
  • Reply 48 of 71
    thttht Posts: 5,608member
    <strong>Originally posted by Kickaha:

Puzzle that one out. </strong>

You grew up in the mid-West? I'll guess Michigan.

I went through American K-12 and university in MN, and don't even remember hearing about SATs until after college. Never took it, but I got into the UoMN IT Honors program nonetheless and am now a proud rocket scientist! Woohoo!
  • Reply 49 of 71
    750, 750. I never studied. I got 1150 in 7th or 8th grade without studying either. Normally on standardized tests I would get 99th percentile in math/science and more around 70th percentile on the English parts, but I got similar math and verbal in both SATs and PSATs. I pity my little sister, her older siblings have gotten 1500 and 1580 which is quite a lot to live up to.
  • Reply 50 of 71
    [quote]Originally posted by THT:

<strong>[qb]Originally posted by Kickaha:

Puzzle that one out. </strong>

You grew up in the mid-West? I'll guess Michigan.

I went through American K-12 and university in MN, and don't even remember hearing about SATs until after college. Never took it, but I got into the UoMN IT Honors program nonetheless and am now a proud rocket scientist! Woohoo! [/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Nope, Washington state. Went to Univ of Washington.

You mean there *are* places in the US where the SAT isn't god? Wow.
  • Reply 51 of 71
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Traditionally the SAT was for West Coast schools and the ACT was for the East coast and Midwest. Then the SAT became more popular in general, and especially on the east coast. So the Midwest has been considered an ACT region whereas the coasts are SAT. But most schools take both.
  • Reply 52 of 71
    700 on math + 640 on verbal == 1340 total.

So, does that, like, make me stupid or something? Fer sure?
  • Reply 53 of 71
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    800 math, 630 verbal = 1430. 780 Math 2c, 770 Physics, 590 twice on the SAT 2 Writing test. I suck (and despise) at English, therefore I'm an engineer

A friend of mine (HS Senior now) got a 1600 as a Sophomore. Studied like crazy though, for many years. SAT is such a rip off IMO.
  • Reply 54 of 71
    How does one study for the SAT? It never occurred to me as something to do. I just kinda got up in the morning, drove to the test site and took the test.
  • Reply 55 of 71
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i feel really stupid now, not just because everyone claims to have a hi score, but i took it fairly recently, and can't remember mine. i think it combined was in the 12-&gt;13 range. (not 1200-1300, i mean 12 or 13). frienz have questioned me a couple of times on it, while sharing theirs, as a means of degrading me, ithinks; fer sum reason i tend to be friends with genii. so, as a defens mechanizm, i forgot mien.
  • Reply 56 of 71
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>Traditionally the SAT was for West Coast schools and the ACT was for the East coast and Midwest. Then the SAT became more popular in general, and especially on the east coast. So the Midwest has been considered an ACT region whereas the coasts are SAT. But most schools take both.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh, well never mind then. Didn't realize that SATs weren't just plain the norm for everyone in the US. I vaguely recall taking the CAT in grade school, and I *think* I ended up taking the ACT at some point, but it was just for kicks.

GRE: math 790 analytical 800 verbal 710*

* This is assuming that the scale tops out at 800... I can't recall if it does or not, but I know that the point deltas off of 100% are correct (-10, 0, -90).

The math one *REALLY* irked me, since I have a B.S. in it...

Twas really bummed by my paltry 66th percentile on the CompSci GREs until I realized that without any undergrad training in it, I did better than 2/3 of the people hoping to go to grad school in it.
  • Reply 56 of 71
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I remember that I totally forgot it was the day of the test and was out smoking dope all night the night before. I remeber my mother dragging me out of bed to go and I wore the same clothes from the night before. Anyway, got a 620 verbal and 520 math, which seemed pretty respectable circa 1987. Has there been some serious grade inflation since? It seems like it.
  • Reply 58 of 71
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    [quote]Originally posted by thuh Freak:

<strong>i feel really stupid now, not just because everyone claims to have a hi score, but i took it fairly recently, and can't remember mine. i think it combined was in the 12-&gt;13 range. (not 1200-1300, i mean 12 or 13). frienz have questioned me a couple of times on it, while sharing theirs, as a means of degrading me, ithinks; fer sum reason i tend to be friends with genii. so, as a defens mechanizm, i forgot mien.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I know what you mean. I don't remember what I got on the Physics GRE. I don't even remember taking the standard GRE. I think I did 75% on the physics. :confused: I remember writing my dissertation though. 1.7 mm cost me three months
  • Reply 59 of 71
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Don't take mine 'till April; I got the equivalent of a 1320 on my last PSAT, but in the end it's the actual test that counts so...

I notice that I tend to do well in verbal (90th percentile), but bomb the math portion. I probably should get my GPA (3.3 not counting this semester) up so I can get into a good school (UMD Collage Park or Baltimore Campus). I tend to look like the stupid one in the family; my sis in 7th grade got 1100 on her SAT, my uncle went to Harvard, my 1/2 uncle was a CEO at several large firms (Zenith/Allied Shipping), my Mom scored a 1520 on her SATs, and, of course, my friends bitch and moan about getting a 1490 and a 4.97 GPA. Oy. My life is one of unreasonably high expectations.
  • Reply 60 of 71
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    The recentering they did in 1995 actually lowered scores. The SAT is supposed to have a mean of 1000 (500/500), with a normal distribution of scores, but over the years it had crept up to something like 1070. The M/V scores were unbalanced, too (560ishM/510ishV). So they redid the score charts to even things out again. I doubt the questions are any easier these days, people mostly do better (on average) because everyone's more familiar with the test.

[ 01-27-2003: Message edited by: Towel ]</p>