Apple's WWDC 2011 keynote video stream now available

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    For people getting all shocked by Steve's condition:

Watch the whole thing. He seems a bit off for the first, short bit, but pretty much his usual self for the longer iCloud intro at the end. He doesn't look any thinner than he has for the last few public appearances.

Clearly, he's been battling health issues and is not as robust as he used to be. But it seems like every time he does something in public there's the exact same chorus of "OMG, he's at deaths door!" posts. It looks to me like he's holding his own. If he couldn't do a reasonable job he wouldn't be up there on the stage.
  • Reply 42 of 56
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

"Revert to Last Opened" - I think "Revert to Last Manual Save" would be better.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by steveH View Post

Quitting the app provides the same function, for all practical purposes.

No, that's not what was in the presentation. Quitting the app doesn't lose any changes because autosave is constantly saving those changes. They made that point very specifically in one of the demonstrations by showing first, no bugging about saving changes, and secondly, reopening the app and showing all the changes are still there and your doc and app ready to continue, as if you had never closed the app.
  • Reply 43 of 56
    wildcat1wildcat1 Posts: 10member
    Where's the downloadable podcast? Apple seems to be taking their fricken time! Get a move on jaysss!
  • Reply 44 of 56
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wildcat1 View Post

Where's the downloadable podcast? Apple seems to be taking their fricken time! Get a move on jaysss!

I'm waiting for that too. I'm at work on a Windows machine and for some reason it won't play in either Firefox or Safari.
  • Reply 45 of 56
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

For people getting all shocked by Steve's condition:

Watch the whole thing. He seems a bit off for the first, short bit, but pretty much his usual self for the longer iCloud intro at the end. He doesn't look any thinner than he has for the last few public appearances.

Clearly, he's been battling health issues and is not as robust as he used to be. But it seems like every time he does something in public there's the exact same chorus of "OMG, he's at deaths door!" posts. It looks to me like he's holding his own. If he couldn't do a reasonable job he wouldn't be up there on the stage.

Exactly, thank you. I wish there would be less of the squeamish handwringing here over his "condition." His voice is strong -- you guys are just wrong who say otherwise -- and his skin tone looks good.

When he first walks on, he's a bit stiff is all. I know how that is, it's just age, after you get up from sitting for while. He doesn't have much padding on those joints either.

A tip to you youngster-worriers: don't talk about how bad the aged or infirm look at any given time. If you have to say something (you don't), just talk up the positive. As Steve said at the beginning, to whatever someone shouts from the back, "It always helps." Yes, you may be faking it, but so what?
  • Reply 46 of 56
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mint View Post

He has got a point on one issue though. No way of controlling the video? My screen saver kicked and the video went all jerky. I refreshed the page expecting to be able to skip to where I was again. If this is the future of HTML 5 video I don't like it any more lol

If you're using ghostery it kills the onscreen controls because it thinks it's some kind of rollover ad.
  • Reply 47 of 56
    mintmint Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nht View Post

If you're using ghostery it kills the onscreen controls because it thinks it's some kind of rollover ad.

Ahh thank you!
  • Reply 48 of 56
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wildcat1 View Post

It is available on iTunes podcast now .... am downloading it as we speak.
  • Reply 49 of 56
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Troll gone. For now, anyway.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. If his IP address could be blocked, I'd be forever grateful.
  • Reply 50 of 56
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Thank you, thank you, thank you. If his IP address could be blocked, I'd be forever grateful.

No problem, I didn't realize we had such a persistent or obnoxious troll, I've been reading and posting only very lightly in the past month or two. If someone sees a string of similar behavior that's not being addressed, please private message a mod or administrator.

I requested those IPs blocked shortly after I nuked the account, and they were blocked pretty quickly.
  • Reply 51 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

No problem, I didn't realize we had such a persistent or obnoxious troll, I've been reading and posting only very lightly in the past month or two. If someone sees a string of similar behavior that's not being addressed, please private message a mod or administrator.

I requested those IPs blocked shortly after I nuked the account, and they were blocked pretty quickly.

You're awesome!
  • Reply 52 of 56
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

It is available on iTunes podcast now .... am downloading it as we speak.

Unfortunately the podcast refuses to download/play on my iPad2 and appleTV2. Even worse, the atv2 can't seem to handle the stream when airplayed from another device. The video, if it works at all, is blocky and jerky. FF and rew are completely non-functional and it always plays from the very start of the stream.

That's kind of disappointing. I wanted to watch the keynote on my TV but apple's stream is incompatible or broken.
  • Reply 53 of 56
    I like how at several points in the presentation the one guy had to repeat his pinching motions for it to do what he wanted......of course using a keyboard shortcut or a mouse click works everytime....but what do I know.
  • Reply 54 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pondosinatra View Post

I like how at several points in the presentation the one guy had to repeat his pinching motions for it to do what he wanted......of course using a keyboard shortcut or a mouse click works everytime....but what do I know.

You're not the latest Tekstud... are you?
  • Reply 55 of 56
    sridharsridhar Posts: 1member
    Download link:

http://itstreaming.apple.com/podcast...c2011_ipod.m4v (1.22GB)

To watch in iTunes, click on the 1st link at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/a...es/id275834665
  • Reply 56 of 56
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pondosinatra View Post

I noticed that too. That's why I've said before, multitouch on a trackpad in OS X actually takes a bit of getting used to. New users will have the most trouble. Hopefully most will "get" it after a while.

I've never believed that a multitouch trackpad is truly bringing the iOS multitouch experience to a Mac because in iOS, what you touch is exactly what you see. On the Mac, what you touch is distinctly separate from the screen.

That said, I'm used to the gestures on my MBP and I like it, but I'll wait for a few updates before upgrading to Lion.

The one big mistake I think they are making is setting reverse scrolling as the default (move finger up to move down the page). It makes no sense. Or maybe it will once you get used to it. But I think it's a mistake enabling that by default. Because it will take another few clicks for new users to figure out how to turn it off. Correct me if I'm wrong.