The Bush admin is still lying to start a war

Comments

• Reply 241 of 630
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DIB

When will the liberal Bush- haters let it go? He won, you lost. The American people love him, they despise you.

This is just wierd
  • Reply 242 of 630
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Each time there is a false alarm about Iraq's (fictitious) WMDs, it is blazed across the headlines of the corporate media. A few days later comes a retraction or debunking of the original story, albeit very low profile. Here is the latest one.

Has anyone done any polls to see what % of the US public believe that WMDs have been found in Iraq, the reason Bush used to sell the war to the US people?
  • Reply 243 of 630
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DIB

When will the liberal Bush- haters let it go? He won, you lost. The American people love him, they despise you.

• Reply 244 of 630
    Not wanting to start a new thread....but THIS SORT OF SCARY STUFF was being talked about endlessly before the war started, and laughed at by the pro-war folks. Although it seems less and less likely that there were ever any real WMDs, clearly there was some dangerous stuff which would have been far better off discovered and taken care of by UN inspectors than by a bunch of crazed looters and inexperienced GI's. Just what the hell is going on there?

Maybe some of these isotopes have been pilfered by someone who might have just lost his family in a US

bombing raid, who then turns to Islamic fundamentalism and vents his rage against us here in America. A

'dirty nuclear bomb' going off in a crowded subway or sports stadium is a very nasty proposition...not just for

its immediate effects, but also what it may mean for our subsequent rights and liberties.....

• Reply 245 of 630
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

Just what the hell is going on there?

They're drilling for oil.
  • Reply 246 of 630
    oops.... I hit reply instead of edit... doh!
  • Reply 247 of 630
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    FEAR! FIRE! FOES!
  • Reply 248 of 630
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

FEAR! FIRE! FOES!

I hope you aren't correct. I hope those millions marching in the streets all over the world for months aren't correct.

very not welcome news
  • Reply 249 of 630
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

I hope you aren't correct.

Well he almost never is so we might be OK.
  • Reply 250 of 630
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Looks like admin members are now fessing up:

http://www.sundayherald.com/print33628
  • Reply 251 of 630
    Well that pretty much makes it official. It really doesn't matter if groverat or any others say they don't care. Most of the harping for months from supporters of the war has revolved around WOMD. Are you listening SDW? Or are you back under your rock?
  • Reply 252 of 630
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimmac

Well that pretty much makes it official. It really doesn't matter if groverat or any others say they don't care. Most of the harping for months from supporters of the war has revolved around WOMD. Are you listening SDW? Or are you back under your rock?

Those most qualified, the UN inspectors, are not being allowed by the US to take part in the WMD search. (?!!!???!!???!!!!???!!!!?) If anything is now "found", is anyone going to believe it, outside of the US that is?

Another article

This one's worth a read too

BTW, is it legal to lie to Congress, the American people and the rest of the world in order to "justify" and start a war?
  • Reply 253 of 630
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Looks like admin members are now fessing up:

Wow. I didn't even expect this. I always thought they'd find some evidence, just not anything significant. This is ugly.

It also shows my damn thread about impeachment was worth more than a lock!
  • Reply 254 of 630
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

BTW, is it legal to lie to Congress, the American people and the rest of the world in order to "justify" and start a war?

Is it illegal? I'd love to see it.

Politicians lie, it's what they do.

Stunning find, junior detectives!
  • Reply 255 of 630
    Quote:

What's a stunning find?
  • Reply 256 of 630
    Quote:

Hey moderator! That doesn't make it right! Besides shouldn't you be ....well you know more moderate?
  • Reply 257 of 630
    Quote:

Hey Clinton was hung out to dry for lieing about less! Of course when Democrats lie about infidelity it's terrible. When a Republican lies to start a war and it results in the death of many people it's no big deal.
  • Reply 258 of 630
    Our old chum Saddam was a horror story...

but call *this* liberation?

The only "liberation" experienced so far by the Iraqis is the

"liberation" of their historical arts and artifacts. looks like Tommy Franks and others have been working for others besides the US government....

General Myers lying through his teeth again. He says just ONE death due to cluster bombs! For a more reliable civilian casualty list go to:

http://www.iraqbodycount.net

And of course the Bush admin is still lying....
  • Reply 259 of 630
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I haven't been following this thread much, but there's an op-ed in this morning's NY Times about this.
    Quote:

Patrick Lang, a former head of Middle Eastern affairs in the Defense Intelligence Agency, says that he hears from those still in the intelligence world that when experts wrote reports that were skeptical about Iraq's W.M.D., "they were encouraged to think it over again."

"In this administration, the pressure to get product `right' is coming out of O.S.D. [the Office of the Secretary of Defense]," Mr. Lang said. He added that intelligence experts had cautioned that Iraqis would not necessarily line up to cheer U.S. troops and that the Shiite clergy could be a problem. "The guys who tried to tell them that came to understand that this advice was not welcome," he said.

• Reply 260 of 630
    Funny, the usually very vocal conservatives seem strangely absent from this thread now.