iCloud to address other half of iPhones never backed up via iTunes

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ombra2105 View Post

What I would really like to know is whether it will be possible to upload a back-up of my iPhone 3G to iCloud so that when I finally upgrade to iPhone 5 I'll be able to use my authentication apps that work on a per-device basis?

Barring that, will I still be able to set up the phone with iTunes and use a back-up stored on my PC to get my data onto the upgraded iPhone...

iOS5 is not compatible with iPhone 3G. See here at apple.com
  • Reply 42 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

In the beta you can only back up to one place. You cannot backup to iCloud and iTunes together. I hope this is not the case with the final release.

That certainly should not be the case. What if their servers and backups fail? We'd have a sidekick fiasco...

Can someone with a DP confirm this? I already have to give up iDisk and Gallery for no obvious reason (to me; I'd happily pay the $79/y)

Thank!
  • Reply 43 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btitusjr View Post

I still use my @mac.com address for my emails. Will that still work. I read that dotmac addresses will still work. Is that the same, @mac.com is what dotmac is when one says apple will still still support dotmac addresses? Thanks for any insight.

I read that @mac.com addresses will continue to work, but I cannot find a document confirming this unfortunately.