God DAMMIT. O'Neal f*cked it ALL UP!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I don't know if any of you watched the All Star game, but it was going to be story book for Michael Jordan, with him hitting the go-ahead shot with 6 seconds left on the clock. Then Jermain O'Neal FOULS Koybe taking a desperation three pointer with a second left. Honestly, if I could kill O'Neal, I would. Seriously. That's how pissed I am.

grrrrr!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Gambit:

<strong>I don't know if any of you watched the All Star game, but it was going to be story book for Michael Jordan, with him hitting the go-ahead shot with 6 seconds left on the clock. Then Jermain O'Neal FOULS Koybe taking a desperation three pointer with a second left. Honestly, if I could kill O'Neal, I would. Seriously. That's how pissed I am.

grrrrr!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

please.... jordon had enough chances.... my god..... he built a ****ing village tonight with the amount bricks he put up.
  • Reply 2 of 30
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Gambit-Jordan fan, huh?

Not to be a dick, but I've been against Jordan's return this time. He walked away hitting the winning shot in the NBA finals for the second straight year.

THAT'S his storybook ending and HE fvucked it up.

My last all-star Jordan memory will be Shaq, Kobe and Marion rejecting him. That's not right.

Jeff

PS-on a happier note-Mariah's jersey top!

:eek:

[ 02-10-2003: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 30
    Looking at the thread title again...

Do you think Tiger may have something to add to this?

Jeff
  • Reply 4 of 30
    I, unfortunately, missed the AllStar game (who won?) due to homework. When you said O'Neal in the title, I thought you were talking about shaq. I don't like him. I guess all O'Neals are bad. I, being a Sonics fan, was disappointed with our players (Mason, Payton, Barry) performance yesterday. Although, I think Mason got ripped-off with the slam dunk competition. My mom thinks it is fixed by the number of votes. In my opinion, the guy who won needed more originallity, he always tossed the ball up before his dunk.
  • Reply 5 of 30
    The west won in double OT, KG was MVP.

Pretty exciting game-Jordan was the focus, but Garnett, McGrady, Kobe, Iverson and the rest of the current big names really shined.

Funny moment=Shaq dribbles the ball the length of the court, then does some funny between the legs dribbling before driving in and blowing a lay-up.

I didn't realize until later he was being guarded by Brad Miller, who Shaq had a fight with last year. It seemed like they both got a kick out of it today, though.

Say what you want about Shaq, he's a 12 year old inside sometimes, and I think that's kind of cool.

Jeff
  • Reply 5 of 30
    The dunk contest hasnt been interesting in years. Nor the NBA for that matter. Kings Lakers series was the only interesting playoff series in the last five years. Too bad David Stern's striped henchmen ruined it with their constant fellatio of the Lakers.
  • Reply 7 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath:

<strong>The dunk contest hasnt been interesting in years. Nor the NBA for that matter. Kings Lakers series was the only interesting playoff series in the last five years. Too bad David Stern's striped henchmen ruined it with their constant fellatio of the Lakers.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm with you on the dunk contest-outside of the year Carter, McGrady and Francis were in it, they've sucked for a long time. I was glad they quit it for awhile.

As for the playoffs, If you mean uninteresting in that it was pretty clear the Lakers were going to win the title, I would agree.

But there have been quite a few exciting individual series.

Jeff

[ 02-10-2003: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 30
    Like which ones? Lakers Kings as I said. 2001 they all sucked. OK the Lakers Portland series in 2000 was good. Nothing decent in 99 when the Spurs won. Bulls Pacers had a nice 7 game series in 97 or 98 or thereabout and the Utah finals series both years were OK.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    Just off the top of my head, I liked Kings/Mavs last year, Nets/Pacers last year,2000 first round Kings/Jazz, 1999 Spurs/Jazz,a couple of the Pacers/Knicks series when Bird was the coach...

But, in general, I agree, the league is a little dull these days, 80% of the regular season is snoozeville. But to say there have been no interesting playoff series for 5 years is a little extreme.

Jeff
  • Reply 10 of 30
    Kings Mavs was a five game dud. Maybe if Dallas had been informed that they were allowed to play defense.

Nets and Pacers were both mediocre teams. Pacers wouldnt have even made the playoffs in the West and the Nets wouldn't have made it out of the first round if they were in the West. Competitive maybe but you need good basketball to have a good series.

Kings Jazz didnt play in 2000 IIRC. They played in 2002 which was a dull series. They played in 1999 which you could call an exciting series but the caliber of basketball wasn't really all that great.

I don't remember any series that were very good during the Spurs year in 99. I know the Spurs only lost two games in the entire playoffs and one was to the Knicks so the Jazz couldnt have beaten them more than once. But my memory of that one is poor.

The Knickers Pacers had some good series although several of those were in 97 or earlier, before the last five years. They played enough times that I'd have to look and see which years had which games and outcomes.

I said the Kings Lakers 2002 was the only interesting series in 5 years, rather than that there were no interesting series. However, I will amend that to say that that series plus Portland LA in 2000 were the only good series in the last four years, post-Bulls.
  • Reply 11 of 30
    Man, a lot of these years are running together in my mind.

But this is a silly argument that's dragging the thread off-topic, and I sort of started it.

I dug the series(es?) while you didn't. That's cool.

The ratings show that most of the country agrees with you, so maybe I'm just a junky suffering from residue from Celtics/Lakers in the 80's! Now THOSE were the days!

Jeff
  • Reply 12 of 30
    gambitgambit Posts: 475member
    I'm still bitter. After the 0-7 start, Jordan actually shot his average. And instead of remembering Jordan hitting the game winner (which was an incredible shot) in overtime, redeeming himself for missing the first game winner, I'll remember the rejections instead. Ugh. I hope Jermaine O'Neal gets hit by a mack truck and a randomly passing dog wizzes in the eye socket of that mangled idiot's body.
  • Reply 13 of 30
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    [quote]Originally posted by Gambit:

<strong> I'm still bitter. After the 0-7 start, Jordan actually shot his average. And instead of remembering Jordan hitting the game winner (which was an incredible shot) in overtime, redeeming himself for missing the first game winner, I'll remember the rejections instead. Ugh. I hope Jermaine O'Neal gets hit by a mack truck and a randomly passing dog wizzes in the eye socket of that mangled idiot's body. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Give it up. Jordan is done and has been done. They were trying to turn it into another "Magic" show where he came back and won the MVP but Jordan can't get the job done any more. Magic could because 1) He was another truly exceptional player and 2) he retired a few years early because of HIV and 3) because he hadn't already been playing half a year on those tired old legs.

Anyone else note that this is the second year in a row Jordan has blown an easy dunk in the all-star game?

If anyone was robbed it was Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, and Vince Carter. Allen Iverson probably would have won MVP instead of KG if the East hadn't had to give Jordan 27 shot attempts of which he made 9(That's 33% kids) Tracy didn't get enough shot attempts because of Jordan, and Carter, well I don't really care about Carter because he is a selfish punk, same as Jordan was at that age.

No one else in the ENTIRE GAME got as many shot attempts as Jordan. Also anyone else who even got more than say 13-15 attempts earned them by shooting at least 50% (only Tim Duncan shot 8-18) Jordan was terrible. He should be teared-up (crying) because he is DONE.

The athleticism shown by the rest of the league is astonishing. Instead of getting even more of it. (which would have been exciting and not dull) we got the Jordan brick show.

KG won the MVP and his numbers were worthy of it. Although a lot of all this is just position, timing and luck, the guy shot 71% for the game.

The other person who got robbed was Shaq. Having to let Yao start in front of him is a joke. Yao's numbers have been nothing near All-Star quality. I am sure he will be more dominating in about 2 years but he isn't even in the same realm as Shaq yet. Instead Shaq showed nothing but good humor. Though I am sure he and the Lake show will be in good spirits when they knock Houston out of number 8 and knock several other teams clear out of the playoffs on their way to number 4.

Nick

[ 02-10-2003: Message edited by: trumptman ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 30
    For what it' worth, that was a pretty questionable foul on Kobe. Sure, O'Neal shouldn't have even jumped at him, but there wasn't much contact.

Jeff
  • Reply 15 of 30
    gambitgambit Posts: 475member
    [quote]Originally posted by trumptman:

<strong>

Give it up. Jordan is done and has been done. They were trying to turn it into another "Magic" show where he came back and won the MVP but Jordan can't get the job done any more. Magic could because 1) He was another truly exceptional player and 2) he retired a few years early because of HIV and 3) because he hadn't already been playing half a year on those tired old legs.

Anyone else note that this is the second year in a row Jordan has blown an easy dunk in the all-star game?

If anyone was robbed it was Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, and Vince Carter. Allen Iverson probably would have won MVP instead of KG if the East hadn't had to give Jordan 27 shot attempts of which he made 9(That's 33% kids) Tracy didn't get enough shot attempts because of Jordan, and Carter, well I don't really care about Carter because he is a selfish punk, same as Jordan was at that age.

No one else in the ENTIRE GAME got as many shot attempts as Jordan. Also anyone else who even got more than say 13-15 attempts earned them by shooting at least 50% (only Tim Duncan shot 8-18) Jordan was terrible. He should be teared-up (crying) because he is DONE.

The athleticism shown by the rest of the league is astonishing. Instead of getting even more of it. (which would have been exciting and not dull) we got the Jordan brick show.

KG won the MVP and his numbers were worthy of it. Although a lot of all this is just position, timing and luck, the guy shot 71% for the game.

The other person who got robbed was Shaq. Having to let Yao start in front of him is a joke. Yao's numbers have been nothing near All-Star quality. I am sure he will be more dominating in about 2 years but he isn't even in the same realm as Shaq yet. Instead Shaq showed nothing but good humor. Though I am sure he and the Lake show will be in good spirits when they knock Houston out of number 8 and knock several other teams clear out of the playoffs on their way to number 4.

Nick

[ 02-10-2003: Message edited by: trumptman ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I hope you die, too.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I was SO happy to see Jordan play like a 50 year old last night, especially with the shit over Carter giving his spot up. Uh, the fans didn't vote him in for a REASON.

The loudest cheers out of us last night were when Jordan missed his first 30 shots (or whatever it was... )

Great game though...
  • Reply 17 of 30
    YEAAAA!! Not only did that ruin an epic Jordan finish, but a Pacer did it! What more could I possibly ask for! Way to go Jermaine!

I think I saw better shooting performances in 5th grade when I played rec league than MJ out there. God he sucks. And they they give him a song and dance for the thing. I was watching it on a big screen and there were a couple watching with me at the beginning, and I made sure I cheered as loud as I could when Jordan missed (which was pretty much every shot). My god the guy takes every single shot for the East and still cant win MVP LOL. It was so funny when people were like "Yeah baby!" when MJ finally hit a shot. I just busted out laughin.

O'Neal and big Brad played pretty well. Considering limited touches by Jermaine he was able to produce and those 2 swats on Tim Duncan had me smilin. D Mase got robbed no doubt. Richardson did NOT top that one dunk he did and he didnt have the creativity. Id seen all his dunks done before, but everyone is on his d*ck so he won. 3 pt contest is always my fave.....I thought Wesley Person was gonna win but he screwed up in the finals, and Peja can stroke it. Person has that smooth shot yet Peja has weird form. As far as the game it always kinda sucks.....just no defense and people wanting to showboat. McGrady was on fire and nobody could stop KG. He had himself a game there.

All Star games are pretty meaningless and usually arent played like real games (i.e. zero defense being played).

Oh, and Mariah's skirt was nice and short. She's hot.
  • Reply 18 of 30
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I'm glad to see how much a lot of you respect the game

First of all, I'm going to say this... Jordan definately shouldn't have came back last season. Like someone said, he had the perfect ending with that shot in Utah in the Finals back in '98. But come on. Jordan making that shot Sunday would've been such a great way to end a weekend that ended up being all about him. He's the greatest player ever and he deserved all of the attention. O'neal shouldn't have fouled Kobe. There was no reason for it. There was no way in hell that Kobe was going to make that shot.

And I'm glad it was Carter that gave up his starting spot and not T-Mac or Iverson because Carter didn't deserve to be on the team at all. How many games has he played this season?

[ 02-11-2003: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 19 of 30
    EmAn,

You're missing a very large point regarding the All-Star game. Vince Carter was voted a starter by the fans. The All-Star teams are picked by fans. The starters are picked by fans. It's a fan's game. Jordan was not voted a starter. Fans didn't want to see him start. Fans wanted to see Carter start.

The all-star game has little do with how many games someone has played, it's all about who the fans want to see play. They get to vote and select the teams. They selected Carter. Some idiot decided that they should let some 40 year old legacy player go out there and essentially make a fool of himself by missing more shots than most of the all-stars took.

he would have received a much bigger ovation and been much more well-received had he come off the bench.

Sounds to me like affirmative action... what do you think.
  • Reply 20 of 30
    Carter was voted to start because the fans who vote for the starters are the diehard 13 year old boys who wear their Iverson jerseys, pimp the latest $200 sneaks even though they don't even have enough of a handle to do a frickin dribbling drill and don't even realize why Vince Carter will be a footnote in NBA history whose mediocre skillset wouldn't have even enabled him to even start on most of the Carolina teams of the 80s excepting that crappy ass 88 team with Rich Fox. The mainstream casual fan who tunes in for the allstar game doesn't bother to go to many games or vote for the All-Stars or identify with their favorite baller but they are the ones who want to see Jordan and not Carter and they may well be more numerous than the lil basketball hos. Of course now Jordan is old as shit so basically he and Carter both suck.

[ 02-12-2003: Message edited by: ColanderOfDeath ]</p>