1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 241 of 248
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Interesting theory.
  • Reply 242 of 248
    notrsnotrs Posts: 46member
    Quote:

According to Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide product marketing, many of the world's best Pro editors had their jaws drop when shown Final Cut Pro X. "I?m blown away by what Apple has done with Final Cut Pro,?

Seems like most people dropped their jaws and where blown away by what Apple did with Final Cut Pro
  • Reply 243 of 248
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NotRs View Post

Seems like most people dropped their jaws and where blown away by what Apple did with Final Cut Pro

I too was watching the sneek peek back in April, and I'm the first person to doubt anything that good, was that good, and I was blown away by all that we was allowed to see. I was genuinely excited by the prospect of FCPX. Yet, despite what's been issued as a 'pro' application is far from that.

Equally, despite the release, and Apple clearly misjudging the fallout that's followed, I believe there's a solid built base application, written from the ground up, which will improve with the passing of time. However, I think Apple now need to address the genuine concerns displayed since its release and at least issue an update, if not in full, which goes some way to repairing the damage caused by the god awful PR and launch.

I also believe, given that Apple have released Motion 5 and an updated version of compressor, they are serious about the future of FCPX. BTW have you downloaded Motion 5, it's awesome!
  • Reply 244 of 248
    notrsnotrs Posts: 46member
    I talked a bit about FCP X in another thread. (too lazy to link it)

I have no doubt that FCP X v. 2 (or v.3) will find it's way back into our graces.

When the next big paradigm shift in pro video editing happens Apple will already be at home while everyone else is playing catch up (copying Apple). Apple just doesn't believe in gradual traditions, and perhaps that's the way to go. Afterall, we still have FCP 7.

The only thing that bugs me is that every wannabe with $400 will be claiming to be a "pro video editor" b/c of FCP X.

Imagine the egos. Imagine what will happen to YouTube.

Don't get me wrong. I love the low entry price point for those who are serious about this profession. I just hate the idea of asshats with a Flip HD and FCP X thinking they're on a level that they're not.

Yes, Motion 5 rocks! Lol
  • Reply 245 of 248
    One thing I'm wondering, as I haven't seen anyone complain about it yet, is assuming I wanted to upgrade an entire network of machines... How would I install FCP X on 50 machines under one company name? Do you have to go around to every machine and buy a copy? Is there a central management feature for the Mac Store for networks or some kind of volume licensing option that I'm not aware of?
  • Reply 246 of 248
    Quote:

The only thing that bugs me is that every wannabe with $400 will be claiming to be a "pro video editor" b/c of FCP X.

Imagine the egos. Imagine what will happen to YouTube.

Don't get me wrong. I love the low entry price point for those who are serious about this profession. I just hate the idea of asshats with a Flip HD and FCP X thinking they're on a level that they're not.

First, any skill/trade that is manifested in software can and will be exploited via economies of scale. Think Adobe Photoshop. This one piece of software convinced millions of people they were graphic designers. Thousands of peoples jobs became devalued because of the availability and value of Photoshop.

Second, i work in the business. Avid, FinalCut, Vegas, Scenarist, DigitalRapids, Architect, ProTools, Clipster, and HDCAM-SR, DBC, and D5 decks. These are our core tools. There is a workflow that has been carefully sculpted and refined over the years using these tools. The point is that Apple has created a situation whereby it seems to me as if they are no longer going to create tools for professionals and would rather let third party developers go after the high-end fringe market of professionals. The reality is that Apples revenue is centered around the tablet devices and phones. Its just business.
  • Reply 247 of 248
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pixelstuff View Post

One thing I'm wondering, as I haven't seen anyone complain about it yet, is assuming I wanted to upgrade an entire network of machines... How would I install FCP X on 50 machines under one company name?

You can't. FCPX wasn't designed to do that.

Quote:

I have no doubt that FCP X v. 2 (or v.3) will find it's way back into our graces.

The pros won't be around to use it.

Quote:

When the next big paradigm shift in pro video editing happens Apple will already be at home while everyone else is playing catch up (copying Apple). Apple just doesn't believe in gradual traditions, and perhaps that's the way to go. Afterall, we still have FCP 7.

Hilarious given that FCP hasn't received a meaningful update in years while Avid and Adobe have been hard at work. FCP7 wasn't significant by any means.