iCloud seen as further evidence of Apple television coming late 2012

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Do they sell Lazy-boy and Cheetos anywhere else?

India, for another! La-z-boys rulzzzz doodzzz!
  • Reply 102 of 107
    futuristicfuturistic Posts: 599member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

-Why would anyone ever buy a massively overpriced Apple television screen? It's just a screen, and most it can be is 1080p with a frigging webcam. Stupid!

-let's see, $5,000 for an Apple 50" Display (with internals that will be obsolete/refreshed in 12 months, LOL)

Where are you getting this from? Apple learned their "overpriced" lesson years ago. The original 22" Cinema Display was $3999 when it came out. Now you can get the 27" LED Cinema Display (with more than twice as many pixels) for $999. There's no good reason to infer that Apple would charge $5000 for a 50" TV. I'd bet that Apple could scale up the 27" LED Display, (same resolution, but with TV guts) to 45" or 50" for somewhere between $1500 and $2000.

I mean, I'm not sure how marketable an Apple-branded TV is, but wasn't the same said for the iPhone (Apple should not get into the mobile phone business!) and the iPad (meh, it's just a large iPod touch!)? It's good to maintain a healthy skepticism in any context, but sheesh, give Apple a little credit!
  • Reply 103 of 107
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

More replying to cloudgazer than the actual author of this quote but...

When Apple makes the Apple TV into what it SHOULD be, no one will waste their money on a TV with GoogleTV built in.

No one is wasting their money on Google TV now, it was pretty much DOA.
  • Reply 104 of 107
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

No one is wasting their money on Google TV now, it was pretty much DOA.

Oh, good. That's what I thought, too, but I hadn't heard any outside opinions about it.
  • Reply 105 of 107
    porchlandporchland Posts: 478member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dagamer34 View Post

Please, some one answer me what an Apple-branded TV would do which my current HDTV and AppleTV couldn't do?

If you were due for a new TV and one was available with Apple TV on board, why would you buy two separate devices.

Quote:

Honestly, I buy a TV for it's picture quality and nothing else. If I want to play games or watch TV, I'll use a dedicated device!

You should check out the iPhone 4. It has a calculator!!!
  • Reply 106 of 107
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Porchland View Post

If you were due for a new TV and one was available with Apple TV on board, why would you buy two separate devices.

So that I could update my iOS+A[number] hardware without wasting money on a brand new TV when my existing panel (because that's all a TV will be once the Apple TV really gets rolling) is perfectly fine.
  • Reply 107 of 107
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    • U.S. consumers are content.

• The TVs they have are big enough.

• They have enough TVs.

• They are not interested in buying a 3D TV.

• They are not interested in buying a ?smart TV?.

• They want to watch less TV.

• They would rather spend money on something else.

83% of 45000+ randomly polled U.S. households in the second quarter of 2011 had no intention of buying a new TV in the next 12 months.

US Consumers Unwilling to Buy New TVs Now at All-Time High of 83 Percent, Citing Economic Fears