best band that should have been more popular but.....

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I've been listening to Television lately . . . they're pretty hit and miss . . . . but still pretty good

The Dream Syndicate was great!!! for one album

just like RainParade . . . great for one album and half an EP then down hill way too fast after key members left
  • Reply 62 of 70
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Heheh some good "undergound" bands mentioned here... Mission of Burma, 'Surfers, Minutemen, Cramps and Chrome!

Heh no one ever knows who Chrome is. Helios Creed and Damon Edge really had a pioneering sound way back then. So many effects and samples that seemed show the way of things to come. Later Damon Edge stuff kinda sucked but Helios remained interesting for a short time. Had a friend that played drums for them on some european tour.

Don't forget to add Wire and Band of Susans to the list above.
  • Reply 63 of 70
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Well, if NIN qualifies, then surely KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, Pop Will Eat Itself, Einsturzende Neubauten, and Throbbing Gristle should in here too!
  • Reply 64 of 70
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>Well, if NIN qualifies, then surely KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, Pop Will Eat Itself, Einsturzende Neubauten, and Throbbing Gristle should in here too!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Throbbing Gristle was all about stylish anti-style and psuedo-mystagogy . . . people liked them for their "extreme" attitudes, which I found pretty boring, seeing as the music itself was pretty bad . . . at least the avant-garde-ness of their schtick was kinda interesting . . . for a minute . . . but they quiclky became a cult of personality around their vague ideas about energies, transgression and W. Burroughs . . . .
  • Reply 65 of 70
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I just liked the name.