'Neat stuff coming' soon to iTunes Store, Apple teases

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wings View Post

Maybe one reason that iTunes movie rentals are only 1/10 that of Netflix downloads is that a movie via iTunes is $5 per view and Netflix is $9 per month (ok, now $14 per month) for all you can eat.

I think they were saying the catalog size was 1/10, not the sales. That sounds right to me, there are loads of good movies that I have tried to search for in the past and not found. The entire Sci Fi section is only a couple of screens.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    ronboronbo Posts: 669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"We have a very, very broad library of movies and TV shows, particularly here in the U.S.," Oppenheimer said in response. "We add more content internationally in each quarter, and look for more content coming this quarter across the various stores. We have some neat stuff coming."

You people might be reading a lot more into this than it deserves. He's answering a question about "why don't yo have more content?" and he's saying "We keep adding more; we have neat stuff coming." It could just be content he's talking about.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    porchlandporchland Posts: 478member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FrankenSigns.biz View Post

My guess is it still has to be some kind of media content like a slew of old movies or television programming like the Jackie Gleason SHow, Leave it to Beaver, stuff like that. Nothing to get excited about just "neat stuff".

That doesn't sound like Apple. If it's a movie/catalog TV package, the content will be comparable to Netflix. If it's a streaming music service, the content will be comparable to Spotify. If it's new TV shows, it will be comprehensive (and probably expensive).
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wings View Post

Maybe one reason that iTunes movie rentals are only 1/10 that of Netflix downloads is that a movie via iTunes is $5 per view and Netflix is $9 per month (ok, now $14 per month) for all you can eat.

Agreed that iTunes has more recent releases, but still.

Since we are talking about streaming...Netflix is still 8 bucks a month.