The US Economy NEEDS A LIBERAL!!!

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 103
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

It's pretty clear Fellowship has some serious mental deficiencies.

Nice contribution. Really makes you stop and think........
  • Reply 102 of 103
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Thanks to Fellowship for his long and thoughful post on the state of the economy. (And I don't mean that sarcastically.) Nevertheless, I have to agree with most of Scott (Midwinter)'s comments in response.

The long-term sources of the problem cannot be attributed all or even mostly to Pres. Bush (although I think that we can attribute blame to economic and budgetary policies by conservative politicians from both US parties who, ultimately, have similar views).

The lack of effective response, however, can be blamed on Mr. Bush. The only thing I have heard from his administration - over and over again - are arguments in favour of tax cuts. And we know that these will be disproprtionately enjoyed by the already very wealthy. There is a better way.

Fellowship, I join you in prayer for those who are affected by the stagnant economy. However, I also pray for greater wisdom on the part of US political leadership.
  • Reply 103 of 103
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Go back through this thread and see that I have been saying as much . . . but not so clearly . . .

anyway yes we have been feeling the onslaught of 'neo-con' policiessince well before Gingrich and gang . . . this deregulation, anti-tax, laissez-faire corporate putsch has been constant for decades.

the over-all attitude: It all sounds so good in theory, and appeals to the less nuanced moral characters: the Good Guy/Bad Guy, Right/Wrong crowd, in that it pretends to be all about self reliance and freedom . . . the problem is, and has been shown specifically in the light of the corporate scandals (and we only saw some that should have come to light, I gaurantee) etc., is that th eeconomy and civic life is more complicated . . . a balance is needed.

True about the bubble and .com hype but the idea that the best way out of this is to give the wealthy arsebites a whopping tax cut . . . especially when we are in the midst of a very expensive crime... I mean war, is completely distorted

so yes, the US economy NEEDS A LIBERAL!!!