Lion Bugs

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chaerik View Post

I've read all the forums here that I could find regarding Lion bugs, etc, without finding any that address the problems I'm having. Hopefully, somebody here can help out. All these issues have come up since I installed Lion.

1. All the following gestures (collectively, not individually) simply stop working at random times. I don't recall doing anything in particular just prior to them failing to work properly. As far as I can tell, it's a random occurrence. The mouse/trackpad cursor still works fine (moves, clicks, etc) and the battery level is fine, but the following multi-touch gestures will not function.

--- Swipe between full-screen apps

--- Swipe up for Mission Control

--- Swipe down for App Expose

--- Pinch for Launchpad

--- Reverse-pinch (not sure what else to call it) for Desktop

2. Tabs in Safari. The little close buttons on each tab sometimes don't appear, or they only do when I'm not mousing near them. I have been able to make it work by clicking to another tab, then back to the one I want to close, but that's a pain and most likely isn't how it's supposed to work.

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

Number 1 could be a hardware issue. If your trackpad is somehow not functioning as it should you could get weird random gesture problems. That said, the Pinch and UnPinch for LaunchPad is very tough to pull off. I think they need to change it.

Number 2 happens to me as well, but not that frequently. Once in a while.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    In the past when I bought a new Apple I always first thing formatted the hard drive and did a clean install then 90% of the bugs was gone as the cloned and dumped on the new laptops / Imacs default versions usually was done on another machine with different settings and this interfered with optimal new Apple laptop / Imac performance.

It is old school but maybe it will fix some bugs for you guys.