iPhone 5?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I know when I post this everyone will probably think I am nuts. But after seeing that pic that someone took of the EVO looking possible iPhone 5, I wouldn't have believed it myself. Anyways I was visiting the mall in Orlando with my family and ran into a guy wearing all professional attire who was in a hurry. He was carrying an EVO shaped phone with the apple icons on them aka (phone contact list and some other weird ones that i didn't recognize) anyways it was all back and had that same shape. I don't know if this was the proper place to mention this or not. If you consider this spam just remove it but I thought you would all like to know that another one was spotted in the wild with the same shape. Just saying...



Jason
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 21
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    You didn't see it. Don't worry about it.



    You saw an Android user. Because their icons look next to identical, I can see the confusion.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    AbsoLUTELY not.
  • Reply 4 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tengence View Post


    ... If you consider this spam just remove it ...



    If only it were that easy.
  • Reply 5 of 21
    mode 5mode 5 Posts: 59member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M3rc Nate View Post


    iphone 5? http://showyou.com/v/14769888?u=motorik



    Who goes to all that trouble & why?
  • Reply 6 of 21
    argonautargonaut Posts: 124member
    That video does look genuine imo.... and surely would be such a lot of work to fake... you'd have to be extremely sad to go to all that bother surely??



    Nice looking iPhone imo as well
  • Reply 7 of 21
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by argonaut View Post


    That video does look genuine imo?



    Your opinion is wrong.



    Quote:

    and surely would be such a lot of work to fake...



    Back in my day? People used to build entire fake objects. Not just stupid fake websites and Photoshop edits. Physical products, they made.



    Quote:

    you'd have to be extremely sad to go to all that bother surely??



    Yeah, they are. The fakers, that is.



    Quote:

    Nice looking iPhone imo as well



    It's absolutely hideous.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,219member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by argonaut View Post


    That video does look genuine imo.... and surely would be such a lot of work to fake... you'd have to be extremely sad to go to all that bother surely??



    Nice looking iPhone imo as well



    Um-m-m-m, no--on both accounts. The fake website employs some very non-Apple presentation strategies. The fake iPhone has some very non-Apple design elements.
  • Reply 9 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mode 5 View Post


    Who goes to all that trouble & why?



    Why does a dog lick his balls?
  • Reply 10 of 21
    lol you guys... yes ok it is a fake web address... I still think the phone looked nice...
  • Reply 11 of 21
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 12,695member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post


    Why does a dog lick his balls?



    However producing fakes like this can be likened to a dog licking another's balls. The whole problem I have with this though is that dogs are mans best friend, it does the does dogs no good to compare them to these low life's.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post


    However producing fakes like this can be likened to a dog licking another's balls. The whole problem I have with this though is that dogs are mans best friend, it does the does dogs no good to compare them to these low life's.



    How are they "low-lifes"? ... they do it because they can. I'd guess that most of them come from young people who do it simply as a learning exercise... just to see if they CAN, and in the process they teach themselves quite a bit about how to use Photoshop and how a web-site works (and how to code one.)

    I almost said they were mostly teenagers... but could just as easily be adults that are teaching themselves this stuff and decide to post it in public just for fun ... to see who bites.



    Don't get upset just because you fell for their little prank!



    Pretty much everybody who pays attention to this sort of thing KNOWS that it's all speculation... that Apple would never let something like that out into the wild before they were good and ready to.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,219member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post


    ...



    Don't get upset just because you fell for their little prank!



    ....



    Please do not project your feelings onto others. I assume that most members of this forum are like me. We learned of the fake website and the fake iPhone by clicking through the above link to the video. Maybe the person who posted the video believed it--maybe not. Maybe the person who posted a link to the video believed it--maybe not. However, nothing in any of the criticisms provide even the slightest evidence that the critics actually believed that the fakes are real.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post


    Please do not project your feelings onto others.



    At least you said, "please."



    So I'll do the same:

    PLEASE take your sense of humor in for its annual check-up... I do believe it's experiencing problems.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 12,695member
    Learning experiences are one thing dishonesty is another. There is really no difference here between these people and somebody swearing in court that a crime took place and the defendant is guilty.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post


    How are they "low-lifes"? ... they do it because they can. I'd guess that most of them come from young people who do it simply as a learning exercise... just to see if they CAN, and in the process they teach themselves quite a bit about how to use Photoshop and how a web-site works (and how to code one.)

    I almost said they were mostly teenagers... but could just as easily be adults that are teaching themselves this stuff and decide to post it in public just for fun ... to see who bites.



    Don't get upset just because you fell for their little prank!



    I haven respect what so ever for liars. Nor do I have any respect for people that defend them. You have the unfortunate liberal attitude that accepts dispicable behavior by labeling it a prank.

    Quote:

    Pretty much everybody who pays attention to this sort of thing KNOWS that it's all speculation... that Apple would never let something like that out into the wild before they were good and ready to.



    There is a big difference between speculating and being dishonest. If you can't recognize the difference you ought to ask yourself why.



    Beyond that you are simply wrong. Apple does put hardware into the hands of field test engineers and the like. It is the only way to validate a device in the real world.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post


    I haven respect what so ever for liars.



    Is Lion autocorrect killing you, too? I know what I want to type, Lion; just let me do my thing!



    Also, hear hear.
  • Reply 17 of 21
    I am a total amateur on computer stuff but the video sure looks like a real apple piece.



    You are all ABSOLUTELY sure that this entire video is faked.?
  • Reply 18 of 21
    Yes, its fake. No way Apple would post images of an iPhone saying "No Service"
  • Reply 19 of 21
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Caflashbob View Post


    a real apple piece.



    You should study Apple more.



    Quote:

    You are all ABSOLUTELY sure that this entire video is faked.?



    Unequivocally.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by travisstephenson View Post


    Speculation will continue until next week, the iPhone 5 is on the way and there are plenty in the hands of the development team. But I think that Apple is doing a GREAT job building buzz right now.



    You'll want to ensmallen that? I hate to even call it a site? SITE in your signature.
Sign In or Register to comment.