Apple seen doubling or even tripling market share of iPhone & Mac

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    Even the most rabid fanboi in his wildest dreams wouldn't believe this. Why publish such nonsense.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post

Not to mention the idiocy of those who need to scapegoat them at any opportunity, no matter how inappropriate or off-topic it is.

Agreed. They do deserve to be scapegoated.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gustav View Post

They are around 90% of the $1000+ PC category.

Wouldn't they rather be 100% of the billion dollar PC category?
  • Reply 44 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinman0 View Post

Trouble is that quite a few people are willing to pay extra for Apple. My parents for example have been using Windows for years, but when it's time for an upgrade in a couple of years, they have have made it clear that they are heading to Apple. Quite simply they just want it to work and will pay that little extra (because it is a little) to get that peace of mind.

You're making my argument. You should reread my post.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdg1019 View Post

Even the most rabid fanboi in his wildest dreams wouldn't believe this. Why publish such nonsense.

Because some people might be willing to put their money where their mouth is.

If they have money, that is?
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post

Not to mention the idiocy of those who need to scapegoat them at any opportunity, no matter how inappropriate or off-topic it is.

Sounds like someone drank too much tea this morning.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Actually if more people in the sub $1000 category decide to buy a Mac then there is a lot of room to grow (as already mentioned above).

If not then Apple is already targeting the sub $1000 market with the iPad.

Very true... on all counts.

With the iPad already decimating the bland, generic PC and netbook offerings in the sub $1000 category, data already shows the Mac capturing a greater share of the premium market.

Microsoft and Google aren't going to close up shop. But in order for Apple to continue showing period over period growth, they don't need to. Apple just needs to continue doing what it's doing now: building innovative products and keeping the perception of luxury in the minds of potential consumers. It seems that people buy non Apple products because they need a utilitarian device - in car speak, a "grocery getter". But when they buy Apple products, they tend to think of them with a sense of pride - more like a Mercedes or Jaguar. At least that's the perception that I get when I visit various forums. The days of "Dude, I'm gettin' a Dell!" are over and done. Unlike most of the others, Apple has a brand that is worth quite a lot just in itself... because that brand has a draw.