Apple releases Mac OS X 10.7.1 with Wi-Fi improvements, audio out fixes

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by S4Quattro View Post

After 10.7.1 installation, my early release MacBook Air still has a terrible time finding my network, and very slow to hookup. Once it's connected, it's fine, but waking from sleep is a 10 minute operation! I hope Apple is still working on it.

If you still have problem with your wireless connection taking so long to reconnect after waking from sleep then do the following:

Go to network setting and make sure you are in the location Automatic. Then delete the WiFi network by clicking (-). Then click the (+) bottom to add a new WiFi network. Choose Interface = Wi-Fi and name = Wi-Fi. Then click Apply. This should solve it if 10.7.1 didn't.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Mission Control, Spaces/Full Screen swiping left-right and definitely Launchpad is faster now on my 2010 13" MBP. Keynote is still slightly laggy at times especially if I launch VMWare Fusion Win7. I think it's the Keynote AutoSave which is not suitable for medium to large Keynote files. Pre-Lion on a good Mac you could slam Keynote with 1920x1080p or higher slides playing 1080p video. Playback is still okay in Lion for Keynote but versioning is too slow.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    cgjcgj Posts: 276member
    One of the most persistent problems with Lion (Only on my MacBook Air, works fine on my iMac) is the "Require Password after sleep" feature. Which, by default; is set to "Immediately".

When I change this on my iMac, it appears to work like a charm. Yet on my MacBook Air (13-inch, 1.7Ghz) it keeps reverting back to "Immediately".

Not cool
  • Reply 64 of 64
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CGJ View Post

One of the most persistent problems with Lion (Only on my MacBook Air, works fine on my iMac) is the "Require Password after sleep" feature. Which, by default; is set to "Immediately".

When I change this on my iMac, it appears to work like a charm. Yet on my MacBook Air (13-inch, 1.7Ghz) it keeps reverting back to "Immediately".

Not cool

May I suggest:

BACKUP TO TIME MACHINE FIRST

Repair Permissions

Delete ~/Library/Preferences

Delete ~/Library/Caches

Delete /Library/Preferences

Delete /Library/Caches

Restart

Reconfigure settings (all of them, unfortunately)

If all is good, empty Trash