SFPD launches internal investigation over role in search for iPhone prototype

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

The article you linked has NOTHING to do with what they are or are not allowed to say in attempting to gain a consent search. I've now given you four examples of police not being allowed to lie in order to gain consent to search. You've failed to provide even a single example of police being allowed to lie in that case. Not one.

Sorry, Joe, but that's another fail. Just like old times on the advocacy boards. You've got me all nostalgic.

Funny, but you're confused - as usual.

The Supreme Court says that the police have nearly limitless discretion in what lies they can tell - with the sole exception being that they can't say that they have a search warrant. I'll take the Supreme Court over your opinion - particularly since you apparently can't tell the difference between ATF agents and the police.
  • Reply 62 of 62
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Funny, but you're confused - as usual.

The Supreme Court says that the police have nearly limitless discretion in what lies they can tell - with the sole exception being that they can't say that they have a search warrant. I'll take the Supreme Court over your opinion - particularly since you apparently can't tell the difference between ATF agents and the police.

Don't let facts get in your way Joe. Just like old times.