US government approves patent bill in effort to reform system

2

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mode View Post


    ... There is a term for people who fear liberty and freedom that was once the American Dream - it's called being institutionalized. MSM has done a wonderful job of brainwashing people through fear and security - that they need big brother government. ...



    Someone's been brainwashed, but it's not I.
  • Reply 22 of 43
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,113member
    Poor headline. The Senate approved the patent reform bill, not the "U.S. government." Having now passed both houses of Congress, it has become an Act (Act of Congress). Presidential approval then makes it a Law.
  • Reply 23 of 43
    jetzjetz Posts: 1,293member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gustav View Post


    I'd like to see real patent reform where a patent is not granted until judged by experts in the field and still has a chance to be invalidated, again, judged by experts. Patent officers should be responsible for assembling the panel of experts fairly, not judging the patent itself.



    Google's Eric Schmidt proposed a similar idea of crowdsourcing patent approvals. Put up the patent and let anybody comment on whether it has prior art, to help the patent office with its approval process. But as he pointed out, this would actually be illegal (to reveal the patent application during the process).
  • Reply 24 of 43
    jetzjetz Posts: 1,293member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mode View Post


    Ron Paul is synonymous with The Constitution of The United States of America.

    You either have no idea who Ron Paul is - or no idea what your Constitution is - or possibly both.

    Ron Paul talks about going back to an actual real currency that is sustainable.

    He talks about ending the corrupt Federal Reserve that is nothing more then a group of financial terrorists who usurped your government and counties monetary policy.

    He talks about ending the wars and a foreign policy of policing the world.

    He believes in smaller government and the power of the State being restored.



    Gee, imagine the horror if those things happened.



    There is a term for people who fear liberty and freedom that was once the American Dream - it's called being institutionalized. MSM has done a wonderful job of brainwashing people through fear and security - that they need big brother government.



    A great man from your country once said "he who sacrifices liberty for security deserves neither."

    The reality of the situation in America is thus - Ron Paul 2012 or bust.

    America can not afford another puppet government. Nor can the rest of the world.



    Wow. Foreign tea partiers....who'd have thunk it?



    Guys like Ron Paul are a lot like communists. Their ideas are great in theory. They're utterly horrible in practice. You can talk about the "mainstream media" all you want. There's a reason that average Americans aren't falling for the rhetoric. And it's not "brainwashing". It's common sense.



    The guy wants to return to a gold standard for pete's sake and undo monetary policy wholesale, for crying out loud. If you think the recession is bad now, just wait till you see what a dollar pegged to a gold standard would do for American exports.
  • Reply 25 of 43
    ivladivlad Posts: 739member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalpen View Post


    OBAMA = One Big Ass Mistake America



    "who ever might have won in 2008" = One Big Ass Mistake America



    Why don't you run!
  • Reply 26 of 43
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mode View Post


    Ron Paul is synonymous with The Constitution of The United States of America...



    Take it to Political Outsider. We don't need to be reminded of the Bad Old Days? of pre-PO. This isn't just for you either, it's all of you who want to go off into general political spelunking.
  • Reply 27 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    But, the whole idea of libertarianism is that everyone can do whatever they want, yet, you get angry when they do.



    if "everyone can do whatever they want then" 'getting angry' is just as good as anything else.

    99.9% of americans don't know what the F they are talking about.
  • Reply 28 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jetz View Post


    Wow. Foreign tea partiers....who'd have thunk it?



    Guys like Ron Paul are a lot like communists. Their ideas are great in theory. They're utterly horrible in practice. You can talk about the "mainstream media" all you want. There's a reason that average Americans aren't falling for the rhetoric. And it's not "brainwashing". It's common sense.



    The guy wants to return to a gold standard for pete's sake and undo monetary policy wholesale, for crying out loud. If you think the recession is bad now, just wait till you see what a dollar pegged to a gold standard would do for American exports.



    'common sense' and 'americans' rarely ever get together.
  • Reply 29 of 43
    sol77sol77 Posts: 203member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    But, the whole idea of libertarianism is that everyone can do whatever they want, yet, you get angry when they do.





    Pretty sure Libertarianism is about defending the rights of the individual...not taking a moral stand against telling people to shut the F up on the internet. So maybe hypocrisy isn't the most apt accusation to be making. He expressed an angry sentiment. That's a bit different than betraying a political philosophy... Now, if he votes at the next, shut that one guy the F up on the internet at the pont of a gun top secret government Big Brother meeting...okay, you've got him. Somehow I expect you're more likely to see non-Libertarians looking for government enforcement (gun point) of their whims.



    - American, Connecticut, Libertarian sympathizer
  • Reply 30 of 43
    sol77sol77 Posts: 203member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post


    'common sense' and 'americans' rarely ever get together.





    What would you like the standard to be?



    ...."blank out"....
  • Reply 31 of 43
    modemode Posts: 163member
    Even with 30+ million unemployed, 44 million living on food stamps, country completely bankrupt, banks stealing trillions of the public's money and shipping it overseas - turning Americans into serfs... screaming head first into a massive depression... even then... when all hope is lost... they are too cowardly, fat and pathetic to stand up and help themselves by thinking for themselves.



    That is the sign of a scared, fearful, controlled and institutionalized America.



    Base your currency on production. Easy. Back it with gold, precious metals, national parks, puppies, baseball, education... anything real.

    You've done it before. Worked out great. It was the height of the empire. Then your president got shot, and you surrendered.



    Phoney ponzi scheme worthless paper based on unsustainable debt - controlled by a private banking cartel...

    Yah... Ron Paul's the craaaaazy one.
  • Reply 32 of 43
    modemode Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jetz View Post


    The guy wants to return to a gold standard for pete's sake and undo monetary policy wholesale, for crying out loud. If you think the recession is bad now, just wait till you see what a dollar pegged to a gold standard would do for American exports.



    American exports?

    You mean like toxic assets, carnage and reality TV?



    Eventually, Americans are going to have to start working again for their wealth. Especially by 2014 when your dollar will no longer be the reserve currency.



    These patent laws will not help the economy.
  • Reply 33 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mode View Post


    Even with 30+ million unemployed, 44 million living on food stamps, country completely bankrupt, banks stealing trillions of the public's money and shipping it overseas - turning Americans into serfs... screaming head first into a massive depression... even then... when all hope is lost... they are too cowardly, fat and pathetic to stand up and help themselves by thinking for themselves.



    That is the sign of a scared, fearful, controlled and institutionalized America.



    Base your currency on production. Easy. Back it with gold, precious metals, national parks, puppies, baseball, education... anything real.

    You've done it before. Worked out great. It was the height of the empire. Then your president got shot, and you surrendered.



    Phoney ponzi scheme worthless paper based on unsustainable debt - controlled by a private banking cartel...

    Yah... Ron Paul's the craaaaazy one.



    Damn....



    Great post.
  • Reply 34 of 43
    First to File...



    Isn't this the problem now. Trolls filing but never making anything! ?



    Thanks for hijacking the thread morons.
  • Reply 35 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    As an American person, I have to say that you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. Ron Paul represents everything that is wrong with America and is dragging it down into the gutter: selfishness, immaturity of thought, emotionally appealing (to some) ideas that are stupid. Libertarianism is a self contradictory "philosophy" that's simply a rationalization for letting the rich and powerful run amok and is antithetical to democracy.



    Boy, are you ever off. As an uninformed American person, you have no equal.
  • Reply 36 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post


    But, the whole idea of libertarianism is that everyone can do whatever they want, yet, you get angry when they do.



    I thought you weren't a Libertarian.
  • Reply 37 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post


    Naive indeed.



    Ron Paul is a card carrying wing-nut. His ideas, implemented, would drive the US economy back to the stone age and set Democracy back hundreds of years.



    Really? You mean as opposed to the Hadean Era Obama has us hurtling toward? You do realize that the massive debts he has managed to run up (along with his irresponsible cohorts in Congress, the Senate, the Fed and the Treasury) won't be paid off in our lifetimes and the dollar may also go the way of the dodo due to looming hyperinflation? Ron Paul has been right about all of the effects of reckless economic policy and the more recent unending and unpaid for wars and mind-bogglingly massive spending.



    I haven't heard one good idea come out of Obama or his Keynesian sewing circle in all the time he's been in office.
  • Reply 38 of 43
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


    ...

    I haven't heard one good idea come out of Obama or his Keynesian sewing circle in all the time he's been in office.



    Speaks volumes.
  • Reply 39 of 43
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,989member
    I'd like to see Schmidt explain how giving away American IP to a Taiwanese company, so they can sue an American company goes with this whole helping the American economy thing.



    Google being hypocritical, do no evil is a lie.
  • Reply 40 of 43
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 20,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post


    I'd like to see Schmidt explain how giving away American IP to a Taiwanese company, so they can sue an American company goes with this whole helping the American economy thing.



    Google being hypocritical, do no evil is a lie.



    Is it always about Google?



    The new patent law is plainly flawed, accomplishing little except making it easier for the GM"s. GE's, Apple's and Ceradyne's to ignore small creators and inventors who lack the needed resources and funds to be "first to file" for their ideas. Sad really.
Sign In or Register to comment.