Apple on pace to sell record 4.5M Macs this quarter

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by esummers View Post

I hear in passing all the time about people swearing they are going to ... move from Android to iPhone. I never hear the opposite.

S'funny. It is sometimes said right here, on this forum.

Anecdotal information means pretty much nothing given the human propensity to filter information and form patterns where none exist.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonyhrx View Post

I think Patrick has a point. Apples record sales are still record sales even if global market share is low. Apples profit per Mac sold is huge. They would never compete on price. Look wgat HP just did to see why. So if you ever want a cheap Mac dream on I think. Or get an iPad.

Let me get this straight. You joined to forum just to post THIS?

Welcome!
  • Reply 43 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

But why would anyone want a windows machine?

90% plus of computer users want Windows machines. My guess is that if you ask them, you would receive at least a few cogent reasons.

Generally, if one has no answer to a question, it dies NOT mean that no answer is available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
  • Reply 44 of 44
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mooodey View Post

a) Apple is the only company which has potential to make more money by selling less products than any other company!

Absolutely not true. There are a lot of markets where selling a low volume, high value product can be more profitable than selling a commodity product.