Apple objects to timing of Verizon interference in Samsung case

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    No one noticed the stall date of October 6th. 2 days after the official iPhone announcement, and Verizen's issue is with not being able to have 4G phones. It is a long shot, but what if there is an iPhone with 4G in the near future.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by leeeh2 View Post

what if there is an iPhone with 4G in the near future.

If by 'near future' you mean 'a year from now at the earliest', sure.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    Speaking of Verizon... I noticed a new Verizon / iPad ad on the tube the other day.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    C'mon, why doesn't Verizon just file a brief stating "but think of the children!!!"???

"Public interest" my ass. If Verizon gave two shits about "public interest" they'd gank all that shovelware off their non-iPhone phones & add capacity instead of pricing tiers. No, Verizon needs to come out of the closet and say that it's against THEIR INTERESTS to stop sales of Samsung 4G products. There's nothing wrong in arguing for your interests. I'm sick and tired of companies feigning altruism like they were running for public office.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

I see a stylus.

"If you see a stylus, they blew it."

- Steve Jobs

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/j...-they-blew-it/

Who said this stylus works on the screen?

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patentl...ent-again.html
  • Reply 46 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Yes, the hypocrisy is astounding. It would be in the public interest to force Verizon and other carriers to adhere to a number of regulations and practices. Do they really want to go there?

Bingo. Verizon is one to talk. These are the same people who limit your bandwidth to a crawl if you actually use your UNLIMITED plan as an unlimited plan.

They couldn't give two shits about public interest, except in the cases where the public is interested in something Verizon has to sell them.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Who said this stylus works on the screen?

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patentl...ent-again.html

it no longer becomes a stylus if it's not meant for direct interaction. It then becomes just a remote
  • Reply 48 of 50
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 49 of 50
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain View Post

Maybe a more balanced approach to patents is the key.

From this: "The protection of intellectual property is in the public interest because it provides incentive for companies to innovate. If anyone can copy your work without penalty, there is no incentive to create new products." .... you get this: "You're saying if Apple looses a patent battle - that's it, they are going to sell off inventory and shut the company down"?

Interesting interpretation "skills" there, partner. Who taught them to you, Robert McCloskey? ..... (I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.)
  • Reply 50 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by n2macs View Post

Why is it crazy to protect something that you invent or spend millions of dollars on R&D???

So if you create something and I come along and want to copy it. That's ok with you???

I'm not saying no protection I'm saying 25 years of owning a significantly advanced and game changing patent that no one else is allowed to use despite the ever evolving state of software patents is too long.