iPhone 5 cases show up in leaked AT&T inventory photo

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    So now we know the shape and the material - how dull. I was hoping for a nice surprise. Actually, now that I have seen Photos and video of the Nokia Swipe I was kinda hoping for something like that.
  • Reply 22 of 39
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Better late than never, though there's still no built-in wireless charging, so looks like that dock-connector will still have to be used.

How quickly can wireless charging go from almost empty to full? With a cable it is less than an hour give or take, on an iPhone.
  • Reply 23 of 39
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I can't wait to see what compelling new feature will convince me to upgrade because right now I am pretty satisfied with iP4, aside from my general criticism of the awful spell correction and lack of any ad blocking capability in mobile Safari which also relates to no plugins, no Flash and no user accessible file system in general, but other than that iP4 is perfect.

and the iP4 will be even better with iOS 5 and iCloud!

well there are high probabilities that the new iPhone 5 will:

- be a combined CDMA/GSM world phone (that can be unlocked post-contract?).

- support some version of LTE etc.

- have an even better 8 megapixel camera.

- have the latest even faster A5 processor chip.

would that be enuff to get you to upgrade?

and there is a real possibility it will also:

- add an NFC chip.

- have a bit larger screen.

would that tip the scale for you to upgrade?

but most of all, with the "let's talk" Apple hype of next week's event, it is certain Apple is going to launch some new Voice UI technology - "Assistant" (perhaps even basic "artificial intelligence"?). and reportedly that requires the A5 chip plus more RAM, so will only work on the iP5 (and iPad 2?).

would that be an offer you can't refuse?
  • Reply 24 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

would that be an offer you can't refuse?

No not even close. It would have to either make my life easier and less complicated or make me look 20 years younger.
  • Reply 25 of 39
  • Reply 26 of 39
    Quote:

No not even close. It would have to either make my life easier and less complicated or make me look 20 years younger.

if having my voice print using spoken commands would replace all those damn text passwords, which i often can't remember because of the varying pw rules for different sites, that would make my life a hell of a lot easier.
  • Reply 27 of 39
    Quote:

if having my voice print using spoken commands would replace all those damn text passwords, which i often can't remember because of the varying pw rules for different sites, that would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

We're sorry we did not get that, please repeat your password. We're sorry did you say mfuker29? That is not a valid entry.
  • Reply 28 of 39
    Quote:

We're sorry we did not get that, please repeat your password. We're sorry did you say mfuker29? That is not a valid entry.

one of the letters has to be capitalized.

but seriously, there would be no more pw's at all. your voice print itself giving any command is it.
  • Reply 29 of 39
    Quote:

one of the letters has to be capitalized.

but seriously, there would be no more pw's at all. your voice print itself giving any command is it.

Tell that to the millions of text based websites
  • Reply 30 of 39
    Quote:

Tell that to the millions of text based websites

i wuz thinking of iOS apps using the new "Assistant" API's. nearly all the websites i use that require log in also have their own iOS apps with web/cloud backends nowadays. and of course the PW i have to enter the most often by far is iTunes/App Store.
  • Reply 31 of 39
    Noooo. I was hoping it didn't have the teardrop design. The buttons are a pain to use on the iPod touch 4th gen. Hopefully it'll be like the 3GS (not so bad).
  • Reply 32 of 39
    recrec Posts: 217member
    If these cases are accurate there's no question now, the iPhone 5 not only looks like a mini-iPad 2 but it has a larger screen. Why is this not the headline?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU7iC...layer_embedded

That would appear to be a 4" display.

And now we have a clear distinction between the high end iPhone 5 (multicore, bigger display, thinner and possibly weighs less) vs the 'low end' iPhone 4s (rebranded iPhone 4) with it's single core, smaller display, greater thickness and weight. Both run the universe of apps but only one of them demands a premium.

I'm curious to know now what they did to the screen resolution on the 5. Since it is a bigger display, did they up the pixels to match the ipad, 1024x768? Or did they just lower the density. I would bet they're trying to match the ipad resolution, it would give them something else to brag about.

That also begs the question, could they have finally changed the aspect ratio on the iPhone 5 from 3:2 to 4:3?

iPhone 4s, single model, $99?

People will now know with relative certainty that if you can wait 2 years after Apple introduces a new phone you can get the current premium model in an 's' configuration for $99. iPhone 5s for $99 in 2013 everyone.
  • Reply 33 of 39
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MoFro View Post

Noooo. I was hoping it didn't have the teardrop design. The buttons are a pain to use on the iPod touch 4th gen. Hopefully it'll be like the 3GS (not so bad).

I find the iPod Touch 4 slanted edges hard to use - at least without getting a good grip on it with two hands. The flat edge to the iPhone 4 is much better. Even plugging in a dock connector on the iPod just feels wrong with the angle. and it cannot stand on its edge for hands free video conferencing.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 35 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

How unfortunate that AT&T will be dropped for leaking product info. I mean, we saw what happened with ATI, so of course we can expect the same for AT&T, no?

When ATI leaked information it was (if I remember correctly) a semi-official statement from the company itself. This appears to be a photograph of a screen which could have been taken by anyone with access into their database. Will Apple be unhappy? Sure. But I don't expect them to take any action because of one (possible) employee.

In any case, I hope the iP5 is everything it is being hyped as ... my 3GS is ready for retirement.
  • Reply 36 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smaceslin View Post

When ATI leaked information it was (if I remember correctly) a semi-official statement from the company itself. This appears to be a photograph of a screen which could have been taken by anyone with access into their database. Will Apple be unhappy? Sure. But I don't expect them to take any action because of one (possible) employee.

In any case, I hope the iP5 is everything it is being hyped as ... my 3GS is ready for retirement.

I completely agree with this. Good bye 3Gs <fingers crossed>.
  • Reply 37 of 39
    Hi All,

I believe '4' in apple 'Lets talk , Iphone' invite not only indicate date but also new Iphone 4 model. It is so bold..its my guess..sorry for off topic reply
  • Reply 38 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by udayasoorian View Post

I believe '4' in apple 'Lets talk , Iphone' invite not only indicate date but also new Iphone 4 model. It is so bold..its my guess

Except it means "October 4"? because it's on a CALENDAR.
  • Reply 39 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

So now we know the shape and the material - how dull. I was hoping for a nice surprise. Actually, now that I have seen Photos and video of the Nokia Swipe I was kinda hoping for something like that.

Wow. I'm panting for the iPhone 5 but - that Nokia Swipe is nice looking. I like the edges (particularly the round sides but flat top & bottom), I like the option of colors. Interesting...