Coding for X in Objective C and C++

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    Just wondering, have you tried it recently? Much has changed over a three year period since it was shareware.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 43 of 44
    brian j.brian j. Posts: 139member
    [quote]Originally posted by graphiteman:

<strong>Are you referring to BASIC code (with line numbers, GOTO statements, etc) or REALbasic code (with complete object orientation, strong typing, etc)?</strong><hr></blockquote>

[quote]<strong>Please, everyone, before we continue this discussion, if you haven't already done so, download the REALbasic demo and play with it for 5 minutes. I think you will be somewhat surprised at what you see.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I played with the RealBasic demo a few months ago, and I have worked with VisualBasic for my job. They are very similar. Both have a syntax based on the terrible BASIC programming language, and I hate them both with an equal passion.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.".

-- Dijkstra
  • Reply 44 of 44
    What's so wrong with the BASIC language, and what does REALbasic do that's so similar?