Apple posts video stream of iPhone 4S keynote

2

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 46
    I like how they still force you to watch it with their awful quicktime player too.
  • Reply 22 of 46
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaroonMushroom View Post


    I like how they still force you to watch it with their awful quicktime player too.



  • Reply 23 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaroonMushroom View Post


    I like how they still force you to watch it with their awful quicktime player too.



    And they stream HD for Macs but not for Windows. I was hoping I could watch it on my Windows since my old Macbook just can't handle it.
  • Reply 24 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scott523 View Post


    And they stream HD for Macs but not for Windows. I was hoping I could watch it on my Windows since my old Macbook just can't handle it.



    You can play it in VLC, too, last time I tried. It's all about having an app that supports HTTP Live Streaming: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Li...rs_and_servers
  • Reply 25 of 46
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,242member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    You can play it in VLC, too, last time I tried. It's all about having an app that supports HTTP Live Streaming: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Li...rs_and_servers



    Save your breath. Both Microsoft, VLC and several other players are incorporating Apple's HTTP Live Streaming but they'll still bitch.
  • Reply 26 of 46
    I had no interest in the phone. I only was interested in the iPod Touch. It was a huge disappointment for me. The only difference is "white". I would like a white one when it comes with an A5, and can run Garage Band. I also want a bigger screen, bigger hard drive, and good cameras.



    I don't care if they make it thicker to do this.



    Visual media is the defacto way to communicate these days. That is why bigger screens are vital in media devices. I like the Retina display. It just needs to be much bigger. As long as it can fit into a pocket It will be good. It doesn't need to fit into a pants pocket. Jackets have big pockets and small purses have pockets too.



    The phone update is a good one since the A5 doubles the speed and capabilities of it. The better camera is a good update too.



    I suppose the iPod Touch can't be called an iPhone without the phone anymore. It's now the toy music device not worthy of the attention of the designers.
  • Reply 27 of 46
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post


    Garage Band. I also want a bigger screen, bigger hard drive, and good cameras.



    Sounds like you want an iPad. Because you'll just whine that GarageBand is impossible to use on a 3.5" screen. Because it WOULD be.



    Quote:

    I like the Retina display. It just needs to be much bigger.



    Cue iPad 3.



    Quote:

    It doesn't need to fit into a pants pocket.



    Ah, but it does.



    Quote:

    Jackets have big pockets and small purses have pockets too.



    I'm not wearing a jacket when it's 80 and I'm not carrying a purse, however small.
  • Reply 28 of 46
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Ok just started watching - god is TC boring. No inflection in his voice at all, drone- Schiller is so much better. He may be a brilliant businessman 1-1 but please don't have him do the next one. Painful. He keeps looking at the floor!

    And never again in that "Town Hall"- seems like it's at a bunker or something weirdishly cultist. Too small.

    This makes Jeff Bezos seem like the new Steve. Sad actually- Steve is sorely missed.
  • Reply 29 of 46
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post


    The 4S does not have ownership of Apple's cloud- it certainly could have been released 4 months ago. Abysmally underwhelming day.



    Really without ios5? Really? Do you ever think before commenting, or do you just let it roll out.



    I understand you have some weird need for this to fail. You should plan on being very disappointed.
  • Reply 30 of 46
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wovel View Post


    Really without ios5? Really? Do you ever think before commenting, or do you just let it roll out.



    I understand you have some weird need for this to fail. You should plan on being very disappointed.



    Not at all- but there is simply no reason why such an incremental update in hardware could not have been released earlier. Remember the 3GS was released June but MMS pics was not released until that Sept. Same thing with the iPad and iPhone 4 - multitasking was not released until the following fall. Same thing here. Much ado about nothing. Sadly.
  • Reply 31 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    You can play it in VLC, too, last time I tried. It's all about having an app that supports HTTP Live Streaming: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Li...rs_and_servers



    no, it's all about not putting their video in a sh!tty outdated player. I wouldn't want to watch it in quicktime even on my mac
  • Reply 32 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post


    Not at all- but there is simply no reason why such an incremental update in hardware could not have been released earlier. Remember the 3GS was released June but MMS pics was not released until that Sept. Same thing with the iPad and iPhone 4 - multitasking was not released until the following fall. Same thing here. Much ado about nothing. Sadly.



    Incremental HW update that could have been released earlier? If you honestly believe that then surely you can detail the cellular chip used in the iPhone 4S, a setup that is more complex and offers more bands in one svelte design than any other phone I'm aware of. Where was it's predececure that would hae worked in the iPhone 4S that would make this an incremental update? Where?
  • Reply 33 of 46
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Forget about trying to watch the video on an iPad 2 - at 1AM!!

    I'm ready to throw the damn thing out the window. Maybe I need Amazon Silk?
  • Reply 34 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaroonMushroom View Post


    no, it's all about not putting their video in a sh!tty outdated player. I wouldn't want to watch it in quicktime even on my mac



    Do you even posts before you start trolling? Seriously, what part of my comment made you think VLC and any apps on that list are QuickTime?
  • Reply 35 of 46
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    Incremental HW update that could have been released earlier? If you honestly believe that then surely you can detail the cellular chip used in the iPhone 4S, a setup that is more complex and offers more bands in one svelte design than any other phone I'm aware of. Where was it's predececure that would hae worked in the iPhone 4S that would make this an incremental update? Where?



    Type English please- you act like the A5 chip was just invented and the iPhone 4(S)'s body as well.
  • Reply 36 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post


    Type English please- you act like the A5 chip was just invented and the iPhone 4(S)'s body as well.



    I didn't mention the A5 used in the iPad 2 or the casing used in the iPhone 4, yet you sated that all aspects of the iPhone 4S could have been out awhile ago. I asked you about one component. So where is your evidence?



    Or is your argument do foolish that you expect Apple to release the iPhone 4S back in June the way Motorola Xoom with a promise for cellular chipset eventually? SOOON!!!
  • Reply 37 of 46
    asciiascii Posts: 5,941member
    I don't think Tim did a very good job. It felt like a history lesson not a product launch. Steve used to start with situation updates, but not historical overview so much. He also paused too much, which didn't allow momentum to build up, so it felt like it was taking forever.



    I miss SJ.
  • Reply 38 of 46
    ascii,



    I too miss SJ, and the enthusiasm with which he talked about things. I think that's what was missing today. No RDF, no superlatives, just a bunch of guys doing their jobs really, REALLY well... but without that.... elan.



    SJ felt an urgency about this stuff who can forget Schiller at the Airport announcement?



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MR4R5LdrJw



    Where was THIS?



    Hope springs Eternal,



    Mandricard

    AppleOutsider
  • Reply 39 of 46
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    I always watch the keynotes but I think I'll pass this time. I'm depressed enough after yesterday, don't really want to relive it.
  • Reply 40 of 46
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    Or is your argument do foolish that you expect Apple to release the iPhone 4S back in June the way Motorola Xoom with a promise for cellular chipset eventually? SOOON!!!



    Again get a spellchecker app or ease up on the libations - your posts are starting to read like Dudley Moore wrote them. However as you claim yourself a stockholder, I can understand that wholeheartedly after yesterday's abysmally underwhelming day.



    Your statement above is both naive and ridiculous- so u honestly believe Apple only employs so few engineers who have been working for 26 months on how to cram both CDMA and GSM technologies into one unit?
Sign In or Register to comment.