Real Racing 2 first iOS game with 4-person split big screen action via AirPlay

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I'm curious to know if Siri Assistant will be on the iPad 2. If not then there decision not to include it with the iPhone 4 goes beyond the processing power in the device.

That's what I thought too, however everywhere points to an exclusive for iPhone 4GS only.no iPad 2. I think it's possibly the mic quality of the iPhone vs the iPad in addition to the A4 vs A5.
  • Reply 22 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dunks View Post

The Wii U will probably underwhelm in the seamless connectivity department (and the tablet controller is not multitouch!!!). Apple could easily scoop up Nintendo?s share of the casual market.

What leads you to believe it will underwhelm in the "seamless connectivity" when it has already demonstrated such, minus the lag of other similar hardware? And yes, it doesn't have multitouch. You know what the it does have? Actual controls.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    vadaniavadania Posts: 425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

That's what I thought too, however everywhere points to an exclusive for iPhone 4GS only.no iPad 2. I think it's possibly the mic quality of the iPhone vs the iPad in addition to the A4 vs A5.

Do you really think it's a mic quality problem?\
  • Reply 24 of 40
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Could be the mic but I've found that it works pretty well with the Target app that uses the Nuance engine. Since this implementation appears to least uses local processing (and perhaps also server-side processing) I wonder if there is a HW component dedicated specifically to this new technology.

Either way, in a couple weeks we get to see how effective and efficient Assistant is in action. I'm betting that's going to set the bar.
  • Reply 25 of 40
    Quote:

I'm sorry, you're right. The "mic" on the iPhone 4 is totally different than the 4S. The "mic" on both the iPad 2 and 1 are totally different... Maybe the "mic" on the 3GS is different too!

Really? Really?... you are the same people that argue that they will put the A5 in anything they can because it meets the scale of purchasing (economics).

Come on!

I have a new flash for you. Shhhhh! It's only for the initiated. The new Siri will only be for the iPhone 4S. Please describe why and well if I'm misinformed on this.

Please help me with this one guys!?
  • Reply 26 of 40
    Quote:

Could be the mic but I've found that it works pretty well with the Target app that uses the Nuance engine. Since this implementation appears to least uses local processing (and perhaps also server-side processing) I wonder if there is a HW component dedicated specifically to this new technology.

Either way, in a couple weeks we get to see how effective and efficient Assistant is in action. I'm betting that's going to set the bar.

Sol, in the words of one of the people I look up to. Tonight is not your finest hour.

Well respected if you're grieving!

Lots of love! Look forward to reading your posts!
  • Reply 27 of 40
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vadania View Post

Sol, in the words of one of the people I look up to. Tonight is not your finest hour.

Well respected if you're grieving!

Lots of love! Look forward to reading your posts!

I'm not understand your posts. I have no idea what I could have said that would make you think I'm grieving. It sounds like you think Siri Assistant has been artificially added to the iPhone 4S ? which is possible though Apple has done very little of this with their iOS-based devices ? but you haven't stated a direct argument as to why you don't think there can't be any HW specific to the iPhone 4S that makes it impossible for any other iDevice.
  • Reply 28 of 40
    Quote:

I'm not understand your posts. I have no idea what I could have said that would make you think I'm grieving. It sounds like you think Siri Assistant has been artificially added to the iPhone 4S ? which is possible though Apple has done very little of this with their iOS-based devices ? but you haven't stated a direct argument as to why you don't think there can't be any HW specific to the iPhone 4S that makes it impossible for any other iDevice.

Sol,

I love reading your posts.

I enjoy reading your wonderful, very educated posts. I have no qualm with you, but you're just not on your toes right now.

I hope to read a lot from you soon.

Sol, women don't have to make an argument. Why is this an argument? My personal opinion is that it's marketing only on the 4S, which I think I may have to buy...

I just re-read your question again. It may be hardware specific, as you say. But I don't think you'll see it until the next iPad.

"And now iPad 3 with SirI. You have to admit it really is the future.
  • Reply 29 of 40
    Quote:

What are you talking about? The iPad 2 has the A5, and a mic that's greatly improved over the iPad 1. Is there any indication that the mic on the iPhone 4S is any different from the one on the iPad 2?
  • Reply 30 of 40
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Next up, apps for the Apple TV and a real hardware controller made by Apple as an optional extra.
  • Reply 31 of 40
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:

I'm curious to know if Siri Assistant will be on the iPad 2. If not then there decision not to include it with the iPhone 4 goes beyond the processing power in the device.

That was my first thought given the iPad 2 is already sporting the required hardware minus the phone. I would assume the Assistant software could easily be adapted to deal with the lack of the phone or perhaps it will be able to operate an authorized iPhone remotely!
  • Reply 32 of 40
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    I love this game. I just wish the app didn't ALWAYS crash on certain tracks
  • Reply 33 of 40
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Next up, apps for the Apple TV and a real hardware controller made by Apple as an optional extra.

They already make the controllers, they are called iPads, iPhones and iPod Touches.
  • Reply 34 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

What are you talking about? The iPad 2 has the A5, and a mic that's greatly improved over the iPad 1. Is there any indication that the mic on the iPhone 4S is any different from the one on the iPad 2?

iPad vs iPhone I said.

Also, I also recall a reviewer stating that the AT&T mic was less sensitive than the VerIzon mic on iPad 2.

Regardless, we will all find out shortly. Processing Siri's response information to a larger screen may require an A6,7? Who knows.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

It would if Apple bought Nintendo.

That would be a gigantic waste of money.
  • Reply 36 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I don't get why so many people ignore the fact that since Apple opened up software for custom accessories ANYBODY could just go in and create one with two shoulder buttons and two analogs (touch-sensitive or physical, whatever) that you can slap on an iPhone and play away.

With that the iPhone would lose any remaining barriers for AAA titles: you could play them on-the-go OR mirror it to your TV (if Apple TV's improved, it could even throw in some post-processing). No need for a console EVER again, especially since the PowerVR Series 6 GPUs will outperform the current gen of consoles. For instance, a 320M (found in last year's Macs) has 130 GFlops. It can do something like 85% of what an Xbox can do. Imagination tecnologies reports that the Series 6 can reach 210 GFlops.

Now we know what the "killer feature" of the iPhone 5 will be
  • Reply 37 of 40
    Quote:

I agree. At first I was skeptical but then I saw that 1987 YouTube Apple video Thursday night which spooked me. How prescient of SJ was that? I'm more excited for it as an iPad function though which is exactly where I think this going after watching the vid. The iPad and all IOS devices yet to come are all unstoppable now- thanks to SJ.
  • Reply 38 of 40
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    read it this morning and the first thing that came to my mind is that apple is after the game console industry over the next few years
  • Reply 39 of 40
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:

I agree. At first I was skeptical but then I saw that 1987 YouTube Apple video Thursday night which spooked me. How prescient of SJ was that? I'm more excited for it as an iPad function though which is exactly where I think this going after watching the vid. The iPad and all IOS devices yet to come are all unstoppable now- thanks to SJ.

That was one of Sculley's videos. He really did want to change the world too and not just sell sugar water.

Here's another couple you'll find interesting from around the same time period:

Kinect the dots with Siri...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcYrPkFe2J0

Ones from the 90s

Keynote > Powerpoint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgZQhSESM-g

iPad, iMovie, wolfram alpha, iCloud...(title says 80s but it's 1995)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlfTDlgAl_A
  • Reply 40 of 40
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by redbarchetta View Post

What leads you to believe it will underwhelm in the "seamless connectivity" when it has already demonstrated such, minus the lag of other similar hardware? And yes, it doesn't have multitouch. You know what the it does have? Actual controls.

Nintendo have always prioritised online safety above fostering a sense of community.

I have owned several Nintendo consoles from the NES to the Wii so count me as a fan. But even I can see most of their innovation comes from Shigeru Miyamoto. They have increasingly drawn on their back catalogue in recent years which makes me nervous that they are scrambling.

The physical controls and lack of lag (eg kinect) are very strong points. But compare the seamless connectivity of the xbox 360 or the app store to the wii friend code system. There is too much friction to getting online and making new friends with the Wii, which means people don't bother.