Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S

Comments

• Reply 21 of 245
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    I'm kind of glad I have to wait until mid-November to get the reduced pricing.
  • Reply 22 of 245
    Journalism laziness is what it is. I woke up at 3 a.m. EST for nothing.

Why does verizon got its sh*t together but not Apple or AT&T? This has nothing to do wireless network infrastructure.

[QUOTE=Right_said_fred;1959835][QUOTE=AppleInsider;

AT 3:26 EST Att site unavailable - but apple store still will be beach zoo. So is thos news or speculation?[/QUOTE]
  • Reply 23 of 245
    1swift1swift Posts: 23member
    And Great 611 hung up on me!!!! damnit!

I'll gladly wait till launch or after to get the phone as long as I can keep my unlimited data
  • Reply 24 of 245
    hmayeshmayes Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

LOL you tell yourself whatever makes you feel better

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!
  • Reply 25 of 245
    It's now 12:31 AM and I still can't get past the intro page on the Apple iPhone 4s page. I've tried calling Apple, but even when it rings it simply says they have a high call volume and it hangs up. The Apple Store on my iPhone simply says "we'll be back soon." The AT&T website allows me to confirm eligibility for an upgrade, but it then forwards to an error page.

This feels like trying to buy Goo Goo Doll tickets online in 1999.
  • Reply 26 of 245
    Come on Apple! it's 3:33 EDT!!! Update the store for once!
  • Reply 27 of 245
    1swift1swift Posts: 23member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bayaryaan View Post

It's now 12:31 AM and I still can't get past the intro page on the Apple iPhone 4s page. I've tried calling Apple, but even when it rings it simply says they have a high call volume and it hangs up. The Apple Store on my iPhone simply says "we'll be back soon." The AT&T website allows me to confirm eligibility for an upgrade, but it then forwards to an error page.

This feels like trying to buy Goo Goo Doll tickets online in 1999.

611 now gives me a BUSY SIGNAL when choosing the upgrade option...wow ATT. Super Fail

Cant believe apple and ATT, the ones that've been doing this the longest seem the least prepared
  • Reply 28 of 245
    As of 0333 EST Apple store still down and AT&T giving errors so they traffic must be causing problems upgrading.
  • Reply 29 of 245
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    Most likely there is a herd of engineers all sweating trying to finish their task so that the store can go online.
  • Reply 30 of 245
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Still getting "We'll be back soon" here too, as of 3:34am Eastern.

Meh, I've had like 35 cups of coffee today. I can wait.
  • Reply 31 of 245
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    I thought no one was supposed to care about this upgrade. I thought it was supposed to be easy this time around since NO ONE considered this phone worthwhile.
  • Reply 32 of 245
    That's fandroid wishful thinking.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

I thought no one was supposed to care about this upgrade. I thought it was supposed to be easy this time around since NO ONE considered this phone worthwhile.

• Reply 32 of 245
    hmayeshmayes Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akac View Post

Most likely there is a herd of engineers all sweating trying to finish their task so that the store can go online.

And someone's probably going to get chewed out by Tim Cook after this is over.
  • Reply 34 of 245
    negafoxnegafox Posts: 480member
    Quote:

Probably mostly 3GS users that have been out of contract for a few months (myself included).
  • Reply 35 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dittrimd View Post

As of 0333 EST Apple store still down and AT&T giving errors so they traffic must be causing problems upgrading.

Still down, disappointing also that Apple Insider posted this article based on speculation, not actual fact.
  • Reply 36 of 245
    As usual, Apple drops the ball as it relates to the customer demand. Don't promise anything you can't deliver!
  • Reply 37 of 245
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    And those of us 4 owners who see Siri and see the future and want a taste now.
  • Reply 38 of 245
    rf9rf9 Posts: 70member
    Quote:

You thought wrong. Go check some of the mobile phone blogs. Everyone is expecting record turnout on this upgrade. Yes, there are a lot of loud "poo-pooers" out there but that's a vocal minority. They can't keep us rabbid fanboys from upgrading.
  • Reply 39 of 245
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member
    Quote:

Yeah. What's the big deal. This iPhone upgrade is a complete fail. Nobody wants this upgrade, so you can all go back to bed.

Maybe now I can get my order in.
  • Reply 40 of 245
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Just got the site unavailable from AT&T.

My favorite line:

Wireless from AT&T is continually working to improve our web site for our customers. Please be assured that we are working as quickly as possible to remedy the situation.

Believed it the first 2 rounds, starting to think it just might not be true.