Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S

Comments

• Reply 141 of 245
    On the AT&T site it only shows the currently-selling models by default. If you check the 'preorder" checkbox on the top left, however, the 4s should show up. I just ordered that way
  • Reply 142 of 245
    Sprint site is slow, but I can order it without issue.

Though, I need to sell my iP4 first
  • Reply 143 of 245
    Just ordered mine on At&t site ...I tried Apple site several times but it does not work.
  • Reply 144 of 245
    AT&T just keeps telling me that I am eligible to upgrade, but then throwing am error and I have to call premier support.
  • Reply 145 of 245
    The Apple site is now giving me this error for AT&T phones: "We are temporarily unable to take iPhone orders. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."
  • Reply 146 of 245
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    We are temporarily unable to take iPhone orders. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later.

Hmmmm.
  • Reply 147 of 245
    Took awhile, but just got all 4 of mine done via AT&T. Couldn't select them all at once, but one at a time was no problem!
  • Reply 148 of 245
    Looks like the upgrade site just kicked in. I was finally able to upgrade an ericsson phone to iPhone 4S in less than 5 minutes.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by artificialintel View Post

On the AT&T site it only shows the currently-selling models by default. If you check the 'preorder" checkbox on the top left, however, the 4s should show up. I just ordered that way

• Reply 149 of 245
    Also had to go through AT&T, and what is with the upgrade service fee? Bull sh!t. I want the last hour and a half back, what a waste of time....got up at 2:50 ET to order this stupid phone for my wife (i'm waiting for iPhone 5 as i have a 4, she had a lowly 3G).
  • Reply 150 of 245
    We are temporarily unable to take iPhone orders. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later.

It looks like the Apple store gave up on ATT as well.
  • Reply 151 of 245
    Wow, I thought they only allowed one per customer.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bchoice View Post

Took awhile, but just got all 4 of mine done via AT&T. Couldn't select them all at once, but one at a time was no problem!

• Reply 151 of 245
    on att site i was upgrading a phone but got as far as window saying the unlimited data will be deleted. so i stopped. i don't want to lose the unlimited data. now what?
  • Reply 153 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juggernaut30 View Post

It looks like the Apple store gave up on ATT as well.

Turns out AT&T has put a lock on my account because its a premier account. SMH.
  • Reply 154 of 245
    Why is it surprising? We already know these bastards are greedy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vassillios View Post

Also had to go through AT&T, and what is with the upgrade service fee? Bull sh!t

• Reply 155 of 245
    I think Apple just gave up period. It doesn't look like any of the iPhone preorders are working at all.
  • Reply 156 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reneauds View Post

on att site i was upgrading a phone but got as far as window saying the unlimited data will be deleted. so i stopped. i don't want to lose the unlimited data. now what?

I see. Looks like no one from att was able to get an iPhone from apples site.
  • Reply 157 of 245
    After trying repeatedly since 2AM CST using the iPhone Apple Store app, my order finally went through at 3:40AM CST. I would click the check out button, which put up the spinning busy wheel, and eventually received an error message, or a return to the original check out screen. After many repeated attempts, my order finally went through. Keep trying, you will eventually get your order placed. My order was for an iPhone for use with AT&T.
  • Reply 158 of 245
    Maybe start from the beginning? I couldn't place an upgrade until just now.

I had to log in and do the upgrade from there.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ny3ranger View Post

Turns out AT&T has put a lock on my account because its a premier account. SMH.

• Reply 158 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kman42 View Post

AT&T just keeps telling me that I am eligible to upgrade, but then throwing am error and I have to call premier support.

I have the same issue. Anyone know what thats all about?
  • Reply 160 of 245
    1swift1swift Posts: 23member
    Same here...it's really annoying

Spent 2 hours doing this and its telling me i have to wait till 5AM PST to call in and be on hold ??