13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    $1-3 million seems kind of low.
  • Reply 42 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Oh man! I can see Jobs doing this to the MobileMe team.
    Here is the Family Guy version with Christian Bale shouting at Peter.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maccherry View Post

Christian Bale would make the perfect Steve Jobs. He would tear that role up!!!

Yes, Bale is the obvious choice. Wyle was good for a TV movie, but that's all he'll be from now on: a TV actor. On the silver screen Sony will want an A-lister. Bale can play charismatic, intense and maniacal as Jobs was. He dropped down to 120 lbs. for his role in "The Machinist" so it's clear he's willing to go the extra mile for the part.

If Sony found a way to turn an unfilmable book (Moneyball) into a pretty good movie, they can make a movie about Steve Jobs one of the greatest, most compelling of all time.
  • Reply 43 of 55
    If they make a retarded Steve Jobs movie I will personally come to Sony studios and kill every last man, woman, and child.

Ok it's a bit extreme, but you get the point.
  • Reply 44 of 55
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by enjourni View Post

If they make a retarded Steve Jobs movie I will personally come to Sony studios and kill every last man, woman, and child.

You mean like "Jim Carrey IS Steve Jobs!"
  • Reply 45 of 55
    I hope Sony doesn't make the picture.

Possible Directors: Steven Spielberg, Oliver Stone, Martin Scorsese

Cast:

Steve Jobs:

Ashton Kutcher

Shia LaBeouf

Jonah Hill --> Steve Wozniak

Ronald Wayne--> Joseph Gordon-Levitt
  • Reply 46 of 55
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by esummers View Post

I don't think the biography is owned by Jobs (or his estate).

Why not? This is an authorized biography. The subject often retains many rights in such a case. It's all subject to the agreement between the Jobs and S&S. Even with an unauthorized bio, you still need to be really careful and are better off getting permission from the estate. I think this story may well be premature and also highly inaccurate. Sony would not be negotiating with Walter Isaacson first. Their first meeting would be with S&S.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by esummers View Post

Disney doesn't do biographies

They have done numerous.
  • Reply 47 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stargatesg1 View Post

I hope Sony doesn't make the picture.

Possible Directors: Steven Spielberg, Oliver Stone, Martin Scorsese

Not Oliver Stone please. He will turn it into a conspiracist movie.

Quote:

Cast:

Steve Jobs:

Ashton Kutcher

Not Kutcher. He can't act.

Noah Wylie did a really good job playing Jobs in the Pirates movie. Maybe he can reprise the role.

Quote:

Jonah Hill --> Steve Wozniak

He has lost too much weight to be Woz.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Bizarre affectations. The gay little bow tie, the jeans with extra-narrow braces. Hey - he actually had to have buttons sewn into the jeans just so he could look like that.

Strange stuff.

First of all, you're judging the outfits from a perspective that's over 20 years later.

On the other hand, a comment like "gay little bow tie" is a pejorative from the last decade.
  • Reply 49 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by enjourni View Post

It's not just extreme. It's a sick comment that has no place here or anywhere, whether humour was intended or not.
  • Reply 50 of 55
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

The geek in me would like to see some accurate behind the scenes portrayals of what went on at Apple, like when they were first designing the iPhone or iPad before they got released.

Trouble with that notion is that such details could be viewed by Apple as telling trade secrets and they won't sign off on that.

Also, just because Isaacson might give the rights to use his book as a source doesn't mean that Sony will be able to make this movie. Depending on the tact they take, they may also need Steve's 'life rights' which now belong to his wife. She could say no especially since he wasn't even buried when they started this whole project which could be a bit much for her to handle at the moment. Or she could say yes with the proviso that she gets 100% veto if the script isn't accurate, if it is a slam job etc. Including even the power to revoke the rights at any time.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ochyming View Post

Make it 10 or more years from today.

His family begged for some privacy.

Which is why I wouldn't count on Sony getting the life rights. Hopefully they won't be crazy enough to try to pull the 'public figure' card and do it anyway because that is rather disrespectful (then again, studios are known to be that crazy so they probably will).

As for Pixar etc. Touchstone is the Disney property that would likely make such a movie and who knows perhaps they will. I could see them going, instead of a feature film, perhaps a 4-6 hour mini series for ABC that focuses on mostly on Steve and less on the inner workings of Apple (avoiding the potential trade secret issues). Maybe even out of respect for Steve they might end it at his resignation fading out to a title card that says something like "On Oct 8, 2011 Steve passed away surrounded by his family. Upon hearing the news, flowers and other tokens were left outside Apple Stores around the world."

That said, I could see Pixar doing an Easter Egg style tribute to Steve by putting something Apple in their movies, say an old Mac computer or a character is carrying an iPhone or iPad. Or even perhaps in a movie having a jeans, sneaks and black mock turtleneck clad character that likes the words "magical', "amazing" and "wouldn't it be great"

Quote:

Steve Jobs knew that this was going to happen. He was behind the book afterall.

Just because he was behind the book doesn't mean he was or would have been behind the whole film thing. Although every blog out there made a practice of using his life, and now death, as hit bait doesn't mean he was okay with it.

Also, Sony may be stopped short because to tell Steve's story they need to include his wife, kids, folks like Tim Cook etc and they could find themselves blocked on that front. California is VERY protective of folks rights to control use of their name, image etc in such projects. Sony could try to play this off as a news report/documentary issues but if they start fudging details knowingly then they blow that argument and the rights issue comes back into play.

I've had several gigs cancelled over such back and forth with rights issues and real people. It's an ugly game.

Quote:

I thought that movie was bullshit because of the fact that that guy wrote it. I don't want him putting words into Steve Job's mouth. If they get him to do it, then I probably wouldn't even bother seeing it. Totally unrealistic dialogue writing. Complete garbage.

I'm not the biggest Sorkin fan either but a lot of the BS stuff was actually from the book they sourced. So Mezrich or whatever his name is, deserves part of the disdain.

Add to this that they apparently sourced the rest from news articles to avoid having to get 'life rights' and some of those articles might not have been totally accurate (because they were form blogs and not newspapers and were 'according to a source' items) and you get a total cock up. Although a few people i know that have met Mark have said that the 'is he retarded or something' way the character was portrayed wasn't totally wrong. They say that they all wondered if Mark is a high functioning autistic or has Asperger's or such because he just doesn't seem to get it sometimes.
  • Reply 51 of 55
  • Reply 52 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NomadMac View Post

Think I will wait for the opera. What a great production that would make.

That is an awesome idea.

I'll get my people to work on it.

Thanks
  • Reply 53 of 55
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbarriault View Post

This is a great opportunity for Apple, Disney, and Pixar to step in and say to Sony "You know, that's an excellent idea. But since we actually knew the man, we're going to do it."

The thought of Pixar's next film telling the life of Steve Jobs is already making my eyes well.

Pixar? You want this to be a CGI cartoon?
  • Reply 54 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sippincider View Post

Pixar needs to do something, no question.

And they need to do it, not as titled Steve Jobs tribute or biography, but as something different. Where you walk out of the theater & the real story hits you.

Didn't Steve say he identified strongly with the master chef-rat in Pixar's Ratatouille?
  • Reply 55 of 55
    checkout this AWESOME Steve Jobs Tribute Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rjRWJUEmJw