Apple releases iTunes 10.5 with iOS 5 wireless syncing, iTunes Match

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 586member
    Since upgrading all I get is error 5002 when trying to upgrade a few apps. Same if I upgrade right from my iPhone. Anyone else with this issue?
  • Reply 62 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

According to About iTunes, it's build 141. Hope that helps.

Yup, just updated. Build 141 here.
  • Reply 63 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IHateScreenNames View Post

Now that I've updated (and have working) iTunes 10.5 I guess I'm ready for iOS 5. Has Apple said when it will be available other than tomorrow? I have no problem being up at midnight if I need to be but it seems like it may be a mid-morning or early afternoon thing.

Any idea?

10.5 updated and Lion waiting for updates here, ready to go full-on iOS 5 when it is officially released.

Probably 9 or 10 am USA PST on Oct 12. Hence about 12 hours to go to iOS 5 launch. It would be terribly cruel to the Apple Cupertino staff to do a midnight iOS 5 launch. Just like the pre-orders, 9 or 10am USA PST should be the witching hour.
  • Reply 64 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jabohn View Post

Since upgrading all I get is error 5002 when trying to upgrade a few apps. Same if I upgrade right from my iPhone. Anyone else with this issue?

Updating apps now, seems OK.
  • Reply 65 of 70
    zunxzunx Posts: 620member
    Does iTunes 10.5 resume playback when it is closed and opened again?
  • Reply 66 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zunx View Post

Does iTunes 10.5 resume playback when it is closed and opened again?

Nope, not for me.
  • Reply 67 of 70
    OK had to agree to new iTunes terms and conditions when updating apps. iTunes Match is mentioned.
  • Reply 68 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

If you ripped your CDs at less than 256 kbps, you don't care much about sound quality, so what does it matter?

Nah, there are plenty of us who were ripping CDs years ago when storage space was tiny. Not to mention that early rips were MP3 since AAC wasn't available yet - even switching to the same bitrate of AAC will be an improvement.

To answer his question, yes you'll get the higher quality files and be able to keep them. That's not officially announced, but people are using the beta and the files downloaded are DRM free so there's no way Apple could take them away if you stop paying for iTunes match. But I suspect for a paltry $25 many people will be happy to keep the service.
  • Reply 69 of 70
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    10.5 is FECKED up for me. I've being crapping around here for over two hours now and nothing works right for me.

I can't upgrade to iOS 5 for iPad on my iPad 2 and I can't upgrade to iOS 5 for iPhone on my iPhone 4.

Both products can't even be restored by iTunes 10.5.... Grrr!!!
  • Reply 70 of 70
    I've updated to iOS5, I've updated to iTunes 10.5 but when I go to the summary page for my iPhone, I'm not presented with an option to allow syncing over wifi. I've tried reinstalling iTunes again, but it's still no go.

Any thoughts?