Apple's iCloud.com website now available with iWork, Find My iPhone

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    For crying out loud, Apple didn't announce the availability of this service yet. It's clear that it's still only for developers at this point (or slowly being made available to others in preparation for release). AI goofed. It's a rumor site. It happens.

Once *Apple* announces it's ready to go then criticisms of the service may have merit.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    rolsrols Posts: 68member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bandman999 View Post

When I attempt to login to iCloud, it forwards me to mobileMe for upgrading my account, where it notifies me that only developers are eligible for the upgrade at this time.

Hmm - what ID were you logging in with? Your mobileMe one or your iTunes one? I'm intending on converting my iTunes account to my iCloud account as that's where all my purchased music is. I don't want to convert my mobile.me account.

So I'm hoping it doesn't just detect you have mobile.me and force you to upgrade it, I want to keep them separate (until Apple sorts out how to merge them later).
  • Reply 43 of 47
    .me not eligible, .me not developer
  • Reply 44 of 47
    I may be late to the party on this one, but this is a major blow for me. I have an enterprise XP computer. I cannot change this and I need access to my account to sync files between my computer and ipad. I currently use iDisk and I don't mind moving to dropbox, but I really don't want to lose all the features of MobileMe. If they aren't going to support XP, then they should at least keep MobileMe running. This is a great way to alienate 2/3 of all PC users.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    deleted
  • Reply 46 of 47
    I totally love the Find my iPhone app. It has very useful features. But my concern is that it can be of no use if factory defaults on the phone are activated. Is there any way to avoid that? I've seen soem interesting Find my iPhone stories here and I'd like to keep the app on at all times.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iphreaky View Post

I totally love the Find my iPhone app. It has very useful features. But my concern is that it can be of no use if factory defaults on the phone are activated. Is there any way to avoid that?

Just remember to install it. It won't ever become a default action.