Apple releases iOS 5 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch & Apple TV

Comments

• Reply 41 of 256
    Fuck! I'm sitting in Taco Bell using my hotspot on the iPhone 4 to download it. I got up to 155MB and then gave me a 9006 error and had to start from scratch. Now it's moving much slower....
  • Reply 42 of 256
    s4mb4s4mb4 Posts: 267member
    got my update in 6 minutes.
  • Reply 43 of 256
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Anyone knowns what are the new features on Apple TV ?
  • Reply 44 of 256
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Lots of variation in access and download speeds I guess. 819.8 MB completed in 12 minutes here.
  • Reply 45 of 256
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    And this is why delta updates are such a good idea.
  • Reply 46 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by appskoggie View Post

I hit pause and resume and it started me from 0 mb and was even slower

Mine restarted at zero too but is going really fast so I'm not complaining at the moment
  • Reply 47 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jetlaw View Post

I would appreciate the link. I tried to locate the ipsw before I posted here, but I couldn't find it. My OSX dev account it still current by my iOS account lapsed, ugh!

Thanks again.

Josh

PM sent.
  • Reply 48 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Anyone knowns what are the new features on Apple TV ?

iPad screen mirroring

Wall Street Journal vids

a couple of other things
  • Reply 49 of 256
    Anyone have the same thing happen. Now there's just a huge empty progress bar on my iPad.
  • Reply 50 of 256
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Backing up my iPad is taking forever, could it be all the apps even though it is 16GB?

Edit: done backing up now installing iOS5.
  • Reply 51 of 256
    vadaniavadania Posts: 425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pwps View Post

So new custom email alerts and custom vibrate patterns, but still no custom text tones??? WTF?

Yes, there should be custom text tones. Unless there's some type of issue with your install...
  • Reply 52 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

iPad screen mirroring

Wall Street Journal vids

a couple of other things

Does it happen to have the ability to hook into the NHL's online package like they did with MLB's?
  • Reply 53 of 256
    Was it supposed to backup, wipe and restore during the install? It's still restoring stuff right now, but I freaked out thinking I hit the restore button instead of update.
  • Reply 54 of 256
    VZW update is 782Mb. So it's a slow process. Recommend choosing Download only and going about your business. Install later. Much later.
  • Reply 55 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ikelleigh View Post

Was it supposed to backup, wipe and restore during the install? It's still restoring stuff right now, but I freaked out thinking I hit the restore button instead of update.

Yes, it backs up, wipes, and restores EVERYTHING on your device. \
  • Reply 56 of 256
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    Shouldn't a Jailbroken iPhone be stored to the original state ( un Jailbroke )?

I am getting a error which puts me to recover state.
  • Reply 57 of 256
    Is there a proper way to upgrade a Verizon phone that has a beta version of iOS 5. When I try to update is says the phone is already up to date. "Restore" says there was a problem downloading software for the iPhone. How can a force a clean install of iOS 5? Any help?
  • Reply 58 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

Backing up my iPad is taking forever, could it be all the apps even though it is 16GB?

Edit: done backing up now installing iOS5.

Same here. the download went quick but the back up is sooooooooooooooo slow.... It must be backing up to icloud. No?
  • Reply 59 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ksec View Post

Shouldn't a Jailbroken iPhone be stored to the original state ( un Jailbroke )?

I am getting a error which puts me to recover state.

you will need to put your phone in DFU mode first i think.
  • Reply 60 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TEAMSWITCHER View Post

Is there a proper way to upgrade a Verizon phone that has a beta version of iOS 5. When I try to update is says the phone is already up to date. "Restore" says there was a problem downloading software for the iPhone. How can a force a clean install of iOS 5? Any help?

DFU mode