iOS chief Scott Forstall profiled as a 'maddeningly political' mini-Steve Jobs

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

And so it begins.

Fostering internal division fragments the mission. Rewarding those who foster such things while avoiding accountability accelerates that fragmentation, hastening decline.

Sadly, we may expect an Apple rife with internal conflict within three years....

Yes. An article entirely sourced from unnamed former employees surely makes it clear:

APPLE IS DOOMED!?

Let us commence with the elaborate parsing of the inevitable chain of collapse based on speculative rumor.
  • Reply 82 of 88
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 83 of 88
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:

... the Apple we'll see in three years will not be bigger than the Apple we see today ...

You realize, don't you, that Apple's average ANNUAL revenue growth over the last five years is slightly more than 43 percent? And you're saying that by fall of 2014, Apple's revenues will not have grown at all from today?
  • Reply 84 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kibitzer View Post

You realize, don't you, that Apple's average ANNUAL revenue growth over the last five years is slightly more than 43 percent? And you're saying that by fall of 2014, Apple's revenues will not have grown at all from today?

He thinks that Apple will collapse over the next 3 years.

Some people's hatred of Apple extends way beyond logic...
  • Reply 85 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

I will add that the most charismatic guy who is now on stage at WWDC and always was way more charismatic and equally brilliant is Craig Federighi.

He was one of the guys who created EOF 2.x and knows the ins/outs of every bit of Cocoa. He also gave the main keynote on the Frameworks at WWDC 2011.

You're absolutely right. Craig really should be given primary presentation repsonsibilty for product announcements.
  • Reply 86 of 88
    Quote:

Meet me back here in three years and let's compare notes.

I've never said "Apple is doomed" - that's all yours. But the Apple we'll see in three years will not be bigger than the Apple we see today.

You're right, they won't be bigger.

They'll be GINORMOUS-ER!!!

Don't feel bad, I think it sucks you didn't by the stock when you had a better opportunity, too.
  • Reply 87 of 88
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 88 of 88
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post

NAILED IT! Yes... that's what's been playing at the back of my mind every time I see Forstall though I could never put my finger on it.