iPhone 4S launch draws crowds at Apple stores around the world

Comments

• Reply 41 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by al_bundy View Post

did apple stores start selling the droid bionic? what's with all the lines?

Yes, they all thought they were buying a phone that turns into a ninja terminator girl in a black catsuit. Because that's how that phone is marketed: to prepubescent boyz who think comic books are realz.
  • Reply 42 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

thats why you are the first to comment, right?

Checkmate. He "doesn't get excited" sooo much, he regularly reports that to members of this forum.
  • Reply 43 of 79
    Hah...even Woz is waiting in line for one.

http://www.ajc.com/business/apple-co...k-1200723.html
  • Reply 44 of 79
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

This will always be retarded to me, but I guess it's probably an event I'd have to be there to understand.

Absolutely priceless!

You sign up to an Apple rumour/fan forum to criticise/correct a bunch of anonymous fanboys. You spend (what?) a couple of hours a day for TWO MONTHS doing that... and you have the nerve to call people "retarded" for spending a little time (and apparently having a lot of fun) because they queue up for a shiny new piece of kit.

The words "life" and "get" come to find. </sigh>
  • Reply 45 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Checkmate. He "doesn't get excited" sooo much, he regularly reports that to members of this forum.

are you and screamingfist seriously suggesting that when I find an article I wish to comment on I should wait until someone else has posted first?
  • Reply 46 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

Absolutely priceless!

You sign up to an Apple rumour/fan forum to criticise/correct a bunch of anonymous fanboys. You spend (what?) a couple of hours a day for TWO MONTHS doing that... and you have the nerve to call people "retarded" for spending a little time (and apparently having a lot of fun) because they queue up for a shiny new piece of kit.

The words "life" and "get" come to find. </sigh>

I never called anyone retarded though -_-

In fact I rebutted my own position by stating that such a thing is not in me it seems...

I then went on to say I'll try and experience it when the iPad 3 is released...based on how the events were described by people who've been to them, thereby offering me an insiders perspective on what I thought was a simple queue

sooooooooooo
  • Reply 47 of 79
    I ordered 2 phones with a family plan from Sprint on Tuesday, they are scheduled for delivery today. No delays, no waiting in line.
  • Reply 48 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilgto64 View Post

Reminds me of a trip to the grocery store a few years back - when Beeny Babies were all the rage - as I got to the section where they have pickles - I saw the mini whole pickles and jokingly said oh look - Teeny Beeny Baby Pickles - the woman in front of me who had just passed the pickles stopped and whipped around and said "WHERE?" - I said, no I was just kidding - and she said "Oh, well, now I have to buy some anyway"

well in all fairness...the iPhone/iPad are a lot more worthy of a queue than some stupid plush animals that have no practical uses
  • Reply 49 of 79
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    I just finished at Soho NYC and am now a new proud owner of a 64GB. It went extremely smooth today due to some factors: it rained all night and looked like it would rain any minute so I'm sure many did not even attempt; no preorders allowed w pick up at the store this time so just one line. There were the usuals- free water courtesy of Apple and free coffee from Aroma on Houston Street. Took roughly 2 hours-arrived 7:40 finished 9:35. 45 minutes outside wait and 45 min sitting in the theater w a Siri demo (Siri worked quite well over all the noise applause etc)-1/2 hour setup (reverse swap ).

Another great Apple experience.
  • Reply 50 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auxio View Post

Depends on the crowd I guess. Maybe now that Apple products are more mass-market, the crowds have become boring (kinda like the celebrity follower crowds), but I remember a time when line-ups for Apple products were more like a geek circus. Plenty of creative ways to help everyone pass the time.

So true, so very true. I like Apple in the yesteryears. Not in the product sense but in the exclusivity of it. Before it was like now it was like
  • Reply 51 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

I just finished at Soho NYC and am now a new proud owner of a 64GB. It went extremely smooth today due to some factors: it rained all night and looked like it would rain any minute so I'm sure many did not even attempt; no preorders allowed w pick up at the store this time so just one line. There were the usuals- free water courtesy of Apple and free coffee from Aroma on Houston Street. Took roughly 2 hours-arrived 7:40 finished 9:35. 45 minutes outside wait and 45 min sitting in the theater w a Siri demo (Siri worked quite well over all the noise applause etc)-1/2 hour setup (reverse swap ).

Another great Apple experience.

does Siri work as well as it seems? Cause Siri was the most wonderful thing at the keynote.
  • Reply 52 of 79
    Come on brothers, stop complaining about the Siri disappointed you because she doesnt understands you in UK. Apple has stated that it is still in beta version so I am sure they gonna update very soon.
  • Reply 53 of 79
    Anyone else unable to activate their iPhone 4S? Mine goes through the whole process and says "Your activation is still pending. You will receive an email notification once your activation is complete.

We’re sorry. There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later."

Tried it both from the iPhone and through iTunes. Think it could be that the AT&T servers are just hammered?
  • Reply 54 of 79
    I don't care if Microsoft or Samsung builds stores across the street or even next door to an Apple store. You will never see these kinds of lines or enthusiasm at either of them. Apple truly understands their customers. As long as Apple never looses sight of that, they will remain an unstoppable force in the world. Happy Steve Jobs Day!
  • Reply 55 of 79
    No lines at all one hour after opening here at the Apple Millennia Mall store in Orlando and many employees sent home. Cue the tech pundits calling the launch a bust
  • Reply 56 of 79
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Why wouldn't it be available in the UK? Was this something they announced?

Siri must be having a hard time understanding your accent. Try speaking American, and ask it dumber questions.
  • Reply 57 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

Siri must be having a hard time understanding your accent. Try speaking American, and ask it dumber questions.

Not sure why you think I'm in UK. Born and raised in PA, living in FL now.

The original poster said functionality wasn't available in UK, not that he tried it and it didn't work because of an accent or something. If Siri just needs an internet connection, why wouldn't it work? Surely they have the internets over the pond there.
  • Reply 58 of 79
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

And what do you achieve by stating all this?

To sound condescending?

To brag about having worked around celebrities? Me too, BTW. I'm sure there are hundreds of celebs around me in any given city.

And, BTW, water is not always wet.

In other news, he is still a troll. Don't feed it.
  • Reply 59 of 79
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shen View Post

In other news, he is still a troll. Don't feed it.

hey guy...how are you?

...tell me how I'm a troll, I'm genuinely curious.
  • Reply 60 of 79
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elroth View Post

Could try putting on some weight too. You never know.