ipad 3 : here we go!

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
all things d is reporting that apple's ipad 3 is already going into production and an early 2012 launch is predicted.

this sucks! i wanted to buy the family an ipad2 for xmas but will be pissed if 3months later the ipad3 comes out! doesnt apple know when the holiday season is? wtf. they should do the ipad & ipod launches in fall for holiday shoppers and the iphone launches in spring/summer. this isnt rocket science.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ham_bone View Post

doesnt apple know when the holiday season is? wtf.

Don't you know anything about Apple's release schedule and how having a brand new product for the holiday season is virtually meaningless? "WTF"?

Quote:

they should do the ipad & ipod launches in fall for holiday shoppers and the iphone launches in spring/summer. this isnt rocket science.

No, they should stagger releases so that people are impulse buying stuff at all times of the year.

This isn't rocket science, but they certainly know more about when to release stuff than some guy who believes the iPad 2 will instantaneously stop working when the iPad 3 comes out.
  • Reply 2 of 38
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:

all things d is reporting that apple's ipad 3 is already going into production and an early 2012 launch is predicted.

And you are surprised because?

The rumors about Apple going to Taiwan for the A6 should tell you something right there.

Quote:

this sucks! i wanted to buy the family an ipad2 for xmas but will be pissed if 3months later the ipad3 comes out! doesnt apple know when the holiday season is?

It is a mixed bag for Apple! If they launch just before Christmas the risk not having enough product to make everybody happy during the most stressful shopping season of the year. Making your customers hate you is not a good move.

Quote:

wtf. they should do the ipad & ipod launches in fall for holiday shoppers and the iphone launches in spring/summer. this isnt rocket science.

Give the family an IOU and buy iPad3 when it comes out. I actually suspect a major revision of the iPad internals.
  • Reply 3 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

The rumors about Apple going to Taiwan for the A6 should tell you something right there.

*gasp* Samsung is relocating their facilities to Taiwan to keep tabs on Apple!

Quote:

Give the family an IOU and buy iPad3 when it comes out. I actually suspect a major revision of the iPad internals.

Plus the most gorgeous screen to ever grace any device ever made.
  • Reply 4 of 38
    I understand your feelings. I wanted to get my girlfriend an iPad for Christmas last year. But I also knew that Apple's schedule for releasing the newest iPad would likely be a few months later. So I got her something else for Christmas and got her an iPad 2 for her birthday.

This year I've dropped hints that I want an Apple TV from her. But now, if it seems there's going to be any sort of meaningful hardware update, I'd prefer that she wait and get it for my birthday (also in the early part of the year).

After going almost 25 years between my first Apple product (a Mac Plus) and my next (an iPod Touch), it seems that in late 2011/2012 I'll be loading up on Apple products: a MacBook Pro, an Apple TV and an iPhone 5(?).
  • Reply 5 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post

iPhone 5(?).

iPhone 6.
  • Reply 6 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

iPhone 6.

You think they'll skip the number 5 and jump straight to 6?

I don't think Oscar on Sesame Street would approve of that.

In any case, I'll be getting an iPhone "X" with next year's release.
  • Reply 7 of 38
    Quote:

You think they'll skip the number 5 and jump straight to 6?

Oh, dear heaven's not THIS conversation again?

The 6th generation iPhone running iOS 6 on an A6 processor will not be called the iPhone 5. That's nonsense.

Quote:

I don't think Oscar on Sesame Street would approve of that.

So you should be waiting for the iPhone 2. By that rationale, it's MANY years overdue.
  • Reply 8 of 38
    Quote:

The 6th generation iPhone running iOS 6 on an A6 processor will not be called the iPhone 5. That's nonsense.

So you should be waiting for the iPhone 2. By that rationale, it's MANY years overdue.

Young wizard, they can call it the Feces GT for all I care. Whatever Apple decides to call the phone (whether they run it by you for a sign-off or not ), my intention is to buy one next year.
  • Reply 9 of 38
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Young wizard, they can call it the Feces GT for all I care. Whatever Apple decides to call the phone (whether they run it by you for a sign-off or not ), my intention is to buy one next year.

Tallest makes a compelling argument though. Why on earth would the *6th* iteration of the iPhone be called the iPhone 5?
  • Reply 10 of 38
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member
    Quote:

It'll be called the 666
  • Reply 11 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

Tallest makes a compelling argument though. Why on earth would the *6th* iteration of the iPhone be called the iPhone 5?

Couldn't tell you. Their nomenclature choice doesn't particularly interest me. Hence my use of the handy, dandy question mark. My final decision in purchasing the device will be based on what its features are and what it will or will not do. What it's called, or whether or not Steve Jobs had a hand in designing the device, will have nothing to do with it.

Personally, I'm pulling for "Feces GT". I think that has a nice ring to it. Sort of rolls off the tongue, as it were.
  • Reply 12 of 38
    Quote:

This isn't rocket science, but they certainly know more about when to release stuff than some guy who believes the iPad 2 will instantaneously stop working when the iPad 3 comes out.

i obviously dont think the ipad2 will stop working when the 3 comes out but am merely expressing an opinion that i would like to see apple launch new products at times that line up more with when they would be in highest demand. it just doesnt make a ton of sense to me why they dont. thats all, sorry if my post upset you like apparently most things you comment on do. i feel bad for you but dont worry, it wont wont affect me.

holiday season: ipads, ipods, apple tv

summer (back to school/grad gifts): macs & macbooks

spring: iphone
  • Reply 13 of 38
    Golly, gee, shucks... I'm kind of disappointed that no one picked up on why the next iPhone should be called the "Feces GT". It should be called that because it's going to be the sh##! Huh? Get it? Yeah?! *sigh*

Well, just remember, I'll be here all week. Try the veal. And don't forget to tip your waitress!
  • Reply 14 of 38
    Quote:

Golly, gee, shucks... I'm kind of disappointed that no one picked up on why the next iPhone should be called the "Feces GT". It should be called that because it's going to be the sh##! Huh? Get it? Yeah?! *sigh*

Well, just remember, I'll be here all week. Try the veal. And don't forget to tip your waitress!

So instead of having an intelligent argument for why you believe the next device will be called "iPhone 5" or calmly, rationally conceding defeat, you post this.

Mhmm.
  • Reply 15 of 38
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

this sucks! i wanted to buy the family an ipad2 for xmas but will be pissed if 3months later the ipad3 comes out!

Use you inside knowledge to sell iPad 2 one month before iPad 3 comes out for a decent resale price of wait for iPad 3. Every year expect new iPad.
  • Reply 16 of 38
    Quote:

So instead of having an intelligent argument for why you believe the next device will be called "iPhone 5" or calmly, rationally conceding defeat, you post this.

Mhmm.

And why, pray tell, would I want to have an argument, debate or anything else about what the next generation iPhone will be called? You want to take a passing remark and make a huge issue out of it, and I find that rather curious.

Don't take this the wrong way (or do... it doesn't really concern me), but I'm not here to build my post count up (5,000+ in roughly a year is pretty good!) or to have arguments or debates about nomenclature or other superficial topics. I think I was fairly clear about that several posts back. Comprehension makes the world a better place, Tallest Skil.

The features of this or any product are what matter to me. The name means nothing. If you're a member of Fanboi 4Life, maybe it matters to you. It may be something that you desire to discuss all day every day. I really don't know. Don't get me wrong... sometimes I like to goof around too - "as much as the next feller", as they say. But playing a game of Mountains & Mole Hills just isn't me. Since that's what we were apparently playing, I gladly concede defeat. Run along now.

Seems that every message board always has at least one...
  • Reply 17 of 38
    Quote:

Slams community for their arguments with insults.

Comes back with a 'better-than-thou' response.

Oh, yeah. We really need you around.
  • Reply 18 of 38
    Quote:

Slams community for their arguments with insults.

Comes back with a 'better-than-thou' response.

Oh, yeah. We really need you around.

Again, comprehension makes the world a better place. Why not pick that ball up and run with it? So unless you've somehow become "the community", I would say all is well between myself and "the community." I've been lurking here for quite some time. And I think this is one of the better boards for getting information on Apple devices and the company itself. Whatever issue I may have with you, don't try to wrap your arms around everybody else here, who actually is helpful and appreciated.

Look, I took the time to read over some of your other (5000+) posts prior to posting what I did. My field is economics and business. I don't make psychological assessments. But you do seem to have a tendency to "talk" (type)... even when you have little to say or contribute. So I believe it's safe to say that we are here for different reasons. It has nothing to do with being "better than thou." It has to do with not wasting time on things that don't matter in the greater scheme of things. But please, feel free to use your time here however you so choose. But this is most definitely the last bit of my time that will be wasted on this particular (off topic) issue.

Have a cold drink. Enjoy the balance of the weekend. You'll grow to love me in time... or maybe not. Either way...
  • Reply 19 of 38
    Quote:

Again, comprehension makes the world a better place. Why not pick that ball up and run with it? So unless you've somehow become "the community", I would say all is well between myself and "the community." I've been lurking here for quite some time. And I think this is one of the better boards for getting information on Apple devices and the company itself. Whatever issue I may have with you, don't try to wrap your arms around everybody else here, who actually is helpful and appreciated.

Look, I took the time to read over some of your other (5000+) posts prior to posting what I did. My field is economics and business. I don't make psychological assessments. But you do seem to have a tendency to "talk" (type)... even when you have little to say or contribute. So I believe it's safe to say that we are here for different reasons. It has nothing to do with being "better than thou." It has to do with not wasting time on things that don't matter in the greater scheme of things. But please, feel free to use your time here however you so choose. But this is most definitely the last bit of my time that will be wasted on this particular (off topic) issue.

Have a cold drink. Enjoy the balance of the weekend. You'll grow to love me in time... or maybe not. Either way...

dont fall for it jag.. if you notice, there is a trend of confrontation and argument rather than discussion and criticism from some people on this site.
  • Reply 20 of 38
    Quote:

dont fall for it jag.. if you notice, there is a trend of confrontation and argument rather than discussion and criticism from some people on this site.

??

We were having a discussion the name of the next iPhone.

I criticized his use of "iPhone 5" as the name of the 6th generation iPhone.

Then he posts this:

Quote:

Golly, gee, shucks... I'm kind of disappointed that no one picked up on why the next iPhone should be called the "Feces GT". It should be called that because it's going to be the sh##! Huh? Get it? Yeah?!

Directly at you, however, I do apologize for the tone of my earlier posts. I was far harsher than need be. Please forgive me.